Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment : Week of August 28

leekat14leekat14 member
edited August 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: what is your favorite online service? (Like stitchfix/Thrive/Blue Apron etc)

Re: IF Testing & Treatment : Week of August 28

• Loading the player...
  • @leekat14 I know I've said it before, but so many hugs to you
  • @suchaglencoco LOL to your PIO dream.  I'm pretty sure I've had similar dreams! 

I want to use thrive so if anyone has any info to share I'm all ears!
  • @leekat14, I totally woke up rubbing my back here it happened. Dh thought I was nuts.

@RVAmom315, we're trying to get the fun done before all the shots, tests, and stress pile on. It's like we are teenagers for a little bit, haha.
  • @BertieMeetsGertie Thank you, this is great. I'm going to really try to take some of this advice... especially the wine part!!!

Bloodwork back and it was negative as expected. 
  • @laurad75 I hope she gets it done quickly so you can get moving! I know it must be so hard to wait. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @leekat14 I’m so sorry to hear about the BFN. So many hugs your way…And enjoy that trip to Boston!

@kiwi2628 You are definitely lucky to have insurance coverage, but that does not necessarily make the waiting and jumping through hoops a lot easier. IF is so mentally and emotionally draining!

@bertiemeetsgertie Your outlook is refreshing. I like your idea of making note of a few things you are grateful for each day.

@KariAnn323 So is Gwynnie Bee kind of like Rent the Runway, but for day to day clothes?

@Laurad75 Urgh I hope your donor has at least completed her questionnaire, and you guys get to move forward sooner than later

@RVAmom315 Google promo codes for any of the food boxes you’re interested in, or if you know someone who uses them, find out if they have a promo code. You can usually get 50% off your first box, and the person who refers you usually gets some sort of kickback/credit as well.

@Shortstack930 FX your upcoming surgery does the trick for you! 9/20 will be here before we know it.

• @leekat14 Just saw your results. Fuck the world.
    @KariAnn323 I have a notebook where I just keep anything and everything written down, and then a separate folder for all papers from insurance
    @RVAmom315 glad you had a good week!
    @tamalahoops I am so sorry you find yourself back here. As for a part time job, I don't know about Starbucks, but I know a lot of part time jobs don't offer insurance coverage- its only for FT employees....definitely something to look into
  • suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited August 2017
    @leekat14, I'm so sorry your beta didn't give you a happy surprise. The if journey is awful and it's made worse when we need to get stuck by yet another needle for no good reason. 
  • @KariAnn323 There has GOT to be an app.... 
    @tamalahoops Banks and financial services companies usually have ridiculous benefits, and usually offer them to part timers as well. I've worked for banks or wealth management companies my whole career, and only one company didn't cover IF in full, and they offered a 4k credit to be applied towards it, or towards adoption costs, your choice, as part of the EAP rather than cover it through the health insurance. So even still they offered ... something. And that was available to part timers as well.

• @Pinky917 So exciting! Fx that this is your cycle!
  • @Pinky917 eeekkk!! I hope this one is IT!!

@BusinessWife yuck. Sorry about the headache. Your treat sounds delish though!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018