Baby Names

Baby Boy Name Help

edited August 2017 in Baby Names
Hey guys!

We really need some help with out baby boy's name. We have a named picked but can't agree on spelling and can't decide on middle name(s). We for sure want Daniel as a middle name as is a major family name on my husband's side and James is a family name on my side. Here are the options we are considering but I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts/other suggestions! Thanks for your help!

Baby Boy Name Help 54 votes

Jackson Daniel
90% 49 votes
Jackson Daniel James
7% 4 votes
Jaxon Daniel
1% 1 vote
Jaxon Daniel James
0% 0 votes

Re: Baby Boy Name Help

• I thought of the alcohol for every single one of those. 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Def heavy on the Jack Daniels.

Honestly Jackson/Jaxon is so over done but of the two I would go with Jackson. It's a little more timeless than the very trendy verson of adding the x. You can still use the nn Jax with Jackson.

• Loading the player...
  • I voted Jackson Daniel, but agree it's pretty boozy, not boojee.
  • If you must, then go with Jackson Daniel. James Daniel would also be a fine alternative. Jaxon is trendy and awful. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Strongly dislike 2 middle names. As about to have boy #3, also kind of sorry I used my favorite boy name with DS#1 so I don't have any good family names left for #3...James is classic, so keep it for another baby in the future.

i thought of whiskey too, but I figure most people aren't going to use his whole name often, so it's not that big of a deal to me since it's a family name.

agree with hating Jaxon; I know Jackson is super trendy/popular but I still like it 
  • Another vote for Jackson Daniel. Two middle names is a mouthful (although since they are both family names I think it would be okay).

The Jaxon spelling is just terrible. Every time I see it I cringe and think to myself "another set of parents trying way too hard to give their kid a "cool" name. I agree with using the nickname Jax with full name Jackson. He will thank you when he is in the career world that you didn't give him a traditional name with a "youneek" spelling. Ill never understand this trend.
  • ugh none
    you are really going to name oyur son jack daniels?
  • If you must, Jackson Daniel spelled this way.

James Daniel is lovely.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • The alcohol thing didn't cross my mind until EVERYONE else mentioned it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that James Daniel (or Jameson Daniel) would sound nice as well! 
  • JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited August 2017
    I also did not make the connection with the alcohol until I read the other comments.  I actually thought of Stargate (Daniel Jackson).  

I would not go with two middle names.  It will end up being confusing for legal documents. Also agree that Jaxon is bad.  Always a good idea to go with the classic spelling over the trendy one.