May 2018 Moms
Options

Siblings

2»

Re: Siblings

• Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  A and H, 3 yo twin girls

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  It will be very close to their 4th birthday

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc  My biggest worry is that it'll be twins again!!  I'm so hopeful that the OB will do an early ultrasound to check :#      Mostly my worries are more about the pregnancy.  I remember how much being pregnant wiped me out, and I'm worried about how I'll keep up with two 3 year olds while feeling like crap!  Oh, I guess I am worried about this baby feeling left out as they all get older, especially if it's another girl.  

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  They love their baby dolls and fawn over their 16 month old cousin, so I'm just excited to watch them be helpful big sisters and watch all three grow up together.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options

1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  
    June, 17 months, girl
    2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  
    2 years 1 month
    3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc 
    Jealousy....she gets really possessive of mama when I hold a baby or watch someone else's baby. She had been really into holding, playing with, and pretending to change her baby dolls lately so maybe she suspects something's up ❤️
    4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I won't put their names out there but their ages and genders are as follows: 14 (boy), 11 (girl), 7 (girl)

They will be 15, 11, and 8 when new baby arrives

The oldest won't care too much but the girls will be thrilled with a new baby brother or sister. 

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  

I can't wait to see my girls step in to the big sister roll. My son is already a good big brother but he's a teen and is currently only interested in his cell phone and PS4
  • Options
    N & N, 7 & 5, both girls

8 & 6

Not really, they are both in school now and are pretty self sufficient. My younger daughter adores babies so I'm excited to see her interact.

I am personally excited to go through the entire baby experience again. My fiancé will be a first time father although he's already amazing with our girls. My younger daughter is beyond excited to be a big sister so I'm looking forward to watching them all grow together. 
  • Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  Two kids, DD1 will be 6 in November, DD2 will be 1 in October.

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  DD1 will be 6, DD2 will be 18 months

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc  My only fear is the age gap between DD2 and this LO. 2U2 will be interesting! Fortunately DD1 is an amazing big sister- she has been a tremendous help with DD2 and I'm sure she will be the same this time around.

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  I'm so excited for the crazy new dynamic we are going to have. DH and I are going to have to switch from man to zone coverage, but we'll figure this out! There will be some chaos and drama I'm sure, but a lot of fun and love too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another cloth diaper mommy , but we cheat and use a liner that can be trashed or flushed or composted. Reminds me of a dryer sheet comes on a big roll rip off and lay in diaper ,snap and go.

• Options
    marg81 said:
    Another cloth diaper mommy , but we cheat and use a liner that can be trashed or flushed or composted. Reminds me of a dryer sheet comes on a big roll rip off and lay in diaper ,snap and go.
    We used those for a bit but when DD started moving around more they would just get all bunched up in the diaper and not really do what they were supposed to do. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  Two girls ages 1 and 3.

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  Older will have just turned 4 and the younger will be almost exactly 2.5.

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc My two are 19m apart so I'm excited to see what a reasonable spacing feels like, lol. Though we experienced hardly any jealousy last time (maybe due to spacing) and I'm nervous this time my younger is going to have a hard time not being the baby. She is by personality more attached than my older ever was too.

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  My two are super excited for a baby! They have 2mo cousin and are obsessed! They keep asking when we get our 'next baby'? I haven't told them anything yet. And won't for a while because my 3 is super chatty and as soon as she knows, the whole world knows!
    Welcome! Your two are the exact same age as mine. I have two boys and think I'll be due 5/5! Will be interesting having 3 under 5!
  • Options
    The first thing my husband said when I told him the test was positive was: we're crazy aren't we?!?
  • Options
    This was a surprise for us, though we had planned to start trying for another after Christmas. We are thrilled though! & a bit crazy lol!
  • Options
    heelsideheroheelsidehero member
    edited September 2017

DS (H) just turned 2

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here. he'll be 2yrs 8 mo

Worried about transition to toddler bed. We won't be making the switch until he tries to climb out of the crib but I have a feeling it will be around the time of the new baby. 
    H loves babies and I'm excited for him to have someone to play with. Worried about jealousy though!

edit: my math was off. H will be 2yr 8 mo not 9 mo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

2 boys! 4 and 2, t and e

5 and 3
    Worried that my tough boys will slow down and be gentle with a new baby. Mostly I know they will be awesome. 
    I love the way the boys do everything together. I can't wait for another awesome little person to join in!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DD is 22mo

2 and a half yrs

right now honestly focused on baby stickiness, she doesn't know yet and won't for a while. I guess a part is concerned about the jealous factor as DD does not enjoy other kids being held by me. 

I'm kinda pumped about the timing since mother and MIL are both basically retired so maybe I will be able to schedule alone time w both kids?!?!  Maybe?!  At least that is the bubble I'm in right now 
    :p 
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    C is my 19 month old son

He'll be two

There's always a concern. He's very gentle though and loving so I think he'll be ok. I'm having a harder time with it I think. I love the time he and I spend together so I feel a bit guilty that it's gonna change.

I can't wait to see them grow up together. I'm sure it won't be long until the mischief begins!
  • Options
    Tyler, 4.5, boy
    Hailey 16 months, girl

Tyler will be 5 when the baby comes. Hailey will be almost 2 if not 2 depending on if this baby sticks to their due date. 

I think Tyler will be good. He has asked for a brother, although he has also asked for an older brother... clearly he doesn't get how this works.  Hailey is more of a wild card. She is a blonde, curly haired, blue eyed, diva with loads of personality.  She enjoys her attention and will probably be less forgiving. 

I'm super excited to see Tyler teach Hails about being an older sibling. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 32
    DH: 36
    Married: 10/29/2011
    Baby T: 2/24/2013
    Baby H: 5/12/2016
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I'm a dance teacher and my daughter was also a May baby in 2016. Just plan ahead and get the choreo done and taught in April. The sub can run the dance for a few weeks. My studio had their recital in the first week of June and my son was in the recital so I couldn't miss it anyway, lol. I was able to get back into the classroom at least to watch my students for their last class before the recital and I went to dress rehearsal.  By that point, they should know the dance so you don't really need to demonstrate, just watch and correct. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 32
    DH: 36
    Married: 10/29/2011
    Baby T: 2/24/2013
    Baby H: 5/12/2016