May 2018 Moms
Options

Siblings

If you’re a second, third etc time mom let’s introduce our baby’s siblings.  

1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc 

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  

Re: Siblings

• Options
    Kaysquared2Kaysquared2 member
    edited August 2017
    R (big brother) is 20 mo old 
    He will be 2 yrs 5 mo.  
    I am worried about potty training, transitioning to a toddler bed and weaning.  Trying to decide what order and what to do first but also sad to see his babyhood leave.  
    4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  
    I am excited that they will be the sameish age gap as my siblings and I and we get along well.  He is already pointing to the baby in my belly and kissing him or her.  
  • Options
    "M" 3.5 y/o girl

she will be 4.5 y/o

just the beginning with trying to BF and the late nights and how will M will adapt to it all

DD is totally baby obsessed, so I'll be happy to finally have her stop saying she needs a baby l
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Matthew is 13yo brother and Hadley is 2yo sister

Matthew will be 14 in April, Hadley will be turning 3 in June. 

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc.
    Mainly with Hadley - I would like for her to be potty trained by the time baby gets here. I wonder how she will take not being the "center of attention" anymore.
    With Matthew being so much older, it's a lot like having 3 adults which is nice! 

I'm excited to have my younger two pretty close in age. I hope they grow up to be close. I'm also excited to see how Hadley interacts with the baby, as she absolutely adores the babies at daycare!
  • Options
    Gabriel is oldest boy, currently 3.5, Ehren is second boy, currently 1 year 11 months.

Gabriel will be 4 and 3 months, Ehren will be 2.5.

The boys currently race round the house and play rough. I have always been able to put baby on the floor to play before, but will have to see if it's safe with 2 big brothers. Hoping Ehren will react well as the age gap is bigger than with my first two and he has been the baby for longer.
    Love how the older ones show affection and try to play with the baby even when they are newborn. I remember G repeatedly finding E's soft toy seal and dropping it on him in the Moses basket because he knew it was Ehren's.
  • Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  DS's name is Myles and he turned three in May. 

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  He will be two weeks shy of four when baby arrives. 

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc Definitely. He's had our undivided attention for three years and he's the only grandchild on my side. He has older cousins on DH's side. His BFF is getting a baby brother soon and I am curious to see how he reacts. He's been very interested in the concept and that BFF is going to be a big brother.  I'm also stressed about getting them to two different places and paying for daycare once that happens. DS's daycare/preschool takes 12 month olds and up. DS was with MIL as a baby, but for a lot of reasons, we aren't going to use that option this time around. 

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  I'm looking forward to his giving hugs and kisses to the baby and trying to teach him how to do things. He's a very empathetic kid and I think he's going to be a sweet big brother for the most part. 
  • Options

A is my 2.5 year old toddler girl. 
    She will be 3 years and 2 months. 
    A little nervous about her being jealous. She gets jealous even when I try to snuggle the dogs. 
    I'm excited to watch them grow up together. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KD5624 said:

Bear (nickname), m, 2.5

He'll be just over 3 years old. 

Sooooo many stresses. To give you some insight-Bear has two rare genetic conditions and significant health needs- at 2.5 he can't crawl or walk (but does butt scoot), is nonverbal, has apraxia and ataxia (so learning to sign, self feed, gait and balance is extremely difficult), sleep disorder, seizures (which will likely evolve into more complex epilepsy over time), legally blind (albinism)- there's more it's just a really long list. These are things he won't grow out of. You can look up Angelman Syndrome (www.cureangelman.org) and albinism if you're curious. But- even with all of that- he's blowing through milestones they said he would never hit and he has one of the largest personalities for a kid his size. Plus, he's for the best side eye I've ever seen
    Bear's side eye is my favorite. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    rowboat4 said:
    KD5624 said:

Bear (nickname), m, 2.5

Sooooo many stresses. To give you some insight-Bear has two rare genetic conditions and significant health needs- at 2.5 he can't crawl or walk (but does butt scoot), is nonverbal, has apraxia and ataxia (so learning to sign, self feed, gait and balance is extremely difficult), sleep disorder, seizures (which will likely evolve into more complex epilepsy over time), legally blind (albinism)- there's more it's just a really long list. These are things he won't grow out of. You can look up Angelman Syndrome (www.cureangelman.org) and albinism if you're curious. But- even with all of that- he's blowing through milestones they said he would never hit and he has one of the largest personalities for a kid his size. Plus, he's for the best side eye I've ever seen
    I don't know who he learned it from...
  • Options
    KD5624 said:
    rowboat4 said:
    KD5624 said:

Bear (nickname), m, 2.5

I don't know who he learned it from...
     :D  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  T, 2.5, boy

He will be 2 years 3 months
    3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc.  
    T is my little snuggle bug. He loves his mama and wants me to hold him frequently.   I'm worried about jealousy.   I'd also like him potty trained before baby gets here. 
    I'm excited to see him interact with a sibling.   He already LOVES babies,  so that's good.   I'm more looking forward to a few years groom now when they actually play together. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options

C, m, 2.4

He turns 3 in March

I'm worried that he'll be jealous of the new baby. Also I'm also worried about transitioning him to his toddler bed and switching bedrooms. 

He loves babies and even makes me stop and see any that pass us at the store so I'm really excited to see his reaction! I'm an only child so I'm looking forward to seeing them grow up together. 
  • Options
    My DD is Emma who will be 3 in October. 

She will be 3 1/2 when baby is born

I am obviously nervous but more sad that this is the last nine months of just her and us time. She asks for a baby every day the last few weeks. "We a family. We need a baby." She is so caring and sweet - I think she will be a great big sister! 

My biggest concerns are about getting any sleep with a toddler who has never been a good sleeper (although much better now!!) and a baby.

We are waiting to tell her that she is going to be a big sister but I am very excited to see them interact. I can't wait for her to teach baby new things. I don't know if we would have another if it wasn't for wanting her to go through life with a sibling.
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DS1 is E and he just turned 5. DS2 is M and he's 16 months.

E will be 5 years 8 months and will have just turned 2 a week and a half before.

E did great when M was born but DH spent a lot of time with him while I was dealing with the baby. With #3 he won't get as much one on one attention and I'm worried he'll be jealous when nobody can sit down to play a board game with him. I'm definitely worried about M as he'll barely be 2 and that he won't understand why mama can't give him all her attention or why he needs to be gentle. Plus just the chaos of having 3 kids absolutely terrifies me
  • Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  Hey, @mileswithmyles I've got a Miles too, but with an 'i'. He is 14 months old

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here. Just shy of 2 years old, likely 22 1/12 months

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc Well, we spent time with a 10 month old yesterday and he wanted nothing to do with her. She was pretty loud and grabby and only crawling and I think it confused him. So, we will most likely be dealing with jealousy issues when mommy is trying to take care of baby. Also, Miles is a terrible sleeper. Won't fall asleep by himself, only feels required to sleep 8 1/2-9 hours a night, wants to eat as soon as he wakes up if it's remotely light outside. I'm hoping that calms down some in the next 8 months. Please

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s). There probably won't be much interaction for awhile, but eventually, way down the line, I'm actually excited to be able to sit with them and play board games. My sisters and I played so many board games with my mother growing up, especially on school breaks. It's something I miss and would love to share
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options

X is our nearly 2 year old boy. 

Around 2 and a half.

I'm a little worried about the jealousy factor. I held a friend's newborn a few weeks ago and X lost his shit that there was someone else in my arms....

Everything. I can't wait to see their little relationship with each other blossom. X will be an amazing big brother. 
  • Options

DD1 is Aubrey (turned 6 in April), aka A1, and DD2 is Ansley (turning 4 in Oct), aka A2

A1 will be 7 and A2 will be 4.5. So excited to have older kids this go around!

A2 has some developmental delays, Apraxia for those who are therapists/special needs moms. She LOVES her baby cousin, who just turned 1, and called her "my baby", but I'm worried she will miss being *MY* baby.
    Mostly worried how I will balance a third life source dependent on me while I juggle two older kids chaotic schedules (A1 is in her first year of dance competition and I need this baby to cooperate and not come during competition weekend or recital week lol) 

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s)
    Totally excited to watch my girls love up on another person and teach this tiny human all the amazing things inside their heads. A1 is a mini mommy and I can't wait for her to experience having a baby in the house - I know she's going to be a huge helper. A2 loves to pretend to be pregnant so I'm excited to show her what pregnancy is really like.
    They still don't know I'm pregnant - we're waiting until my first appointment to be safe. So I'm REALLY excited to surprise them with a pregnancy announcement!

• Options
    muminozmuminoz member
    edited August 2017

Wow @Kaysquared2 so similar!

DS T is 21 months. 
    He will be 2 years 5 months and a bit when baby arrives. 
    He's not come into contact with a lot of babies so far, in saying that, 2 friends had babies in the last week and we are meeting one today. 
    he is an only grandchild too, so is used to being the centre of attention, I will spend the next 8 months explaining how being a big brother works I think!
    also weaning, toilet training and an end to co-sleeping between now and then too!

4. Why I'm looking forward to the most with siblings (this got cut off sorry)
    the age gap will be the same as my sister and I, so I look forward to them growing up close. 
    We plan on having a third fairly quickly, so the mummy guilt has already kicked in about this baby not being the youngest in our family for long. 

• Options
    muminoz said:

DS T is 21 months. 
    He's not come into contact with a lot of babies so far, in saying that, 2 friends had babies in the last week and we are meeting one today. 
    he is an only grandchild too, so is used to being the centre of attention, I will spend the next 8 months explaining how being a big brother works I think!
    also weaning, toilet training and an end to co-sleeping between now and then too!

the age gap will be the same as my sister and I, so I look forward to them growing up close. 
    We plan on having a third fairly quickly, so the mummy guilt has already kicked in about this baby not being the youngest in our family for long. 

My son will be 2 in December and I am so confused about whether I should try potty training around then or not.  I’m terrified he’ll want to potty train when we have a newborn.  Also really hoping he self weans but he’s a serious boob addict.   
  • Options
    @kaysquared2 My son is 2 the last week of November and not at all interested in toilet training so far, I'm waiting until the new year when it's warmest here (less layers to deal with in a hurry!). Also when my husband will be on holidays so we can tackle this together!
    we have dropped back to a single feed each night, I had a chemical preg in may, possibly due to low progesterone, which feeding can cause in some women. So I've done a bit of weaning, but that night feed is what gives us 9 hours solid sleep and I'm not ready to give that up!!
  • Options
    @muminoz My son has had days where he only nurses 3-4 times and sometimes it’s way more closer to 10...he nurses as much if not more then my friends 6 mo old.  I’m really hoping this doesn’t cause issues. But this kid loves to sleep.  We typically get 12-13 hrs of sleep from him at night but didn’t start that until about 15 mo.  I’m worried a new baby will throw a wrench in that.  At least my husband gets at least 2 weeks off work this go around to help with the adjustment.  
  • Options
    muminoz said:

DS T is 21 months. 

My son will be 2 in December and I am so confused about whether I should try potty training around then or not.  I’m terrified he’ll want to potty train when we have a newborn.  Also really hoping he self weans but he’s a serious boob addict.   
    Only potty trained my first at 3 1/4 as he decided he was terrified of the potty from age 2 and wouldn't sit on it. He was 19months when DS2 was born and so we had 2 in nappies for ages. A bit expensive but not too hard. After the newborn stage I just did them both at the same time.
    we also co slept and bought a co sleeper for ds2, so still had DS1 in our bed until DS2 was almost 1. We only moved DS 1 into his own bed when DS2 decided he had to be in the bed too, and it got a bit too crowded. That being said they both have their own bed now and we still often wake up with both of them in the bed! Lol.
  • Options
    muminoz said:

DS T is 21 months. 

Only potty trained my first at 3 1/4 as he decided he was terrified of the potty from age 2 and wouldn't sit on it. He was 19months when DS2 was born and so we had 2 in nappies for ages. A bit expensive but not too hard. After the newborn stage I just did them both at the same time.
    we also co slept and bought a co sleeper for ds2, so still had DS1 in our bed until DS2 was almost 1. We only moved DS 1 into his own bed when DS2 decided he had to be in the bed too, and it got a bit too crowded. That being said they both have their own bed now and we still often wake up with both of them in the bed! Lol.
    Thanks!  We cloth diaper so I’m not concerned about the cost of 2 in diapers.   I actually would rather him not potty train before this next one is here.  Usually he’s wait and we could potty train late next summer when he’s 2 3/4.  Luckily he loves his crib and doesn’t seem to be wanting to climb yet.  My MIL has a spare crib we can borrow that is identical to ours so I plan to leave DS in his and if necessary use hers for the new baby although we plan for the new baby to be in our room in a cosleeoer for at least th first few months.  
  • Options

Hiley, almost 3, Female
       DD gets jealous whenever someone of interest (usually me, DH, or MIL) is holding a pet or baby and wants to either take their place or hold, too. DD has made no progress in potty training. We did a 3-day weekend of just panties and made steps forward, but has completely regressed and refuses to even sit on the potty. I really don't want to be buying diapers for 2! I also teach dance and the EDD is right smack dab at the peak of competition/recital season. Hopefully baby will cooperate and not decide to make his/her appearance out of town early!
        Watching big sister hold little sibling, give kisses, and "help" change diapers, give baths, etc. I also really look forward to the baby coos, the teeny tiny fingers, the baby smell, and nursing again.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    muminoz said:

DS T is 21 months. 

Thanks!  We cloth diaper so I’m not concerned about the cost of 2 in diapers.   I actually would rather him not potty train before this next one is here.  Usually he’s wait and we could potty train late next summer when he’s 2 3/4.  Luckily he loves his crib and doesn’t seem to be wanting to climb yet.  My MIL has a spare crib we can borrow that is identical to ours so I plan to leave DS in his and if necessary use hers for the new baby although we plan for the new baby to be in our room in a cosleeoer for at least th first few months.  
    We cloth diaper too! That's one of the reasons I'm in no rush to PT. I'm aiming for next summer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Another cloth diaper -er over here!

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I forgot you did cloth too! We'll definitely have to start a thread for it at some point. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    rowboat4 said:
    I forgot you did cloth too! We'll definitely have to start a thread for it at some point. 
    We do a mix. Cloth when he's home, disposable when we are out. 
  • Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  
    J, 17 months, M

2y, 1m

I'm nervous. I was jealous of each of my siblings, and J is really possessive rn. Might have to do with the age too though.

Seeing J teach this new one things he knows.
  • Options
    1. Sibling‘s name, age, gender.  Adeline, 2, female.

2. How old the sibling(s) will be when the new baby is here.  She will have just celebrated her third birthday. 

3. Any stresses about how the siblings will interact or transitions etc. I think she will probably have a hard time relatin to the baby until it hits the walking talking stage. But she loves baby dolls and putting diapers on her stuffed animals. 

4. Things you are the most excited to experience with the new baby and sibling(s).  I wanted to have two under two but it just wasn't the right timing for us. Now that she will be three, I'm excited for her to be able to be more of a helper. It will be a big adjustment but she is very social and loving so I know she will be a sweet big sister. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also teach dance and the EDD is right smack dab at the peak of competition/recital season. Hopefully baby will cooperate and not decide to make his/her appearance out of town early
    Here's to hoping our pregnancies don't interfere with dance season!! 
    Im just a "dance mom", but I know if this baby comes and I have to miss a competition or a recital, I will have to pay another dance mom to do my daughters hair and makeup because poor DH is such a good girl dad, but also completely hopeless. 

Also, I would cry fat tears if I have to miss any persormanve. This is my daughters first year of competition and I'm so excited for her. 

• Options
    @rowboat4 and @KD5624 Cloth diaper moms unite lol!  How are ya’ll doing with poopy diaper spraying?  Showing DH how to use the sprayer tonight because I had a hard time spraying this morning.  That sorta stuff doesn’t normally bother me though.  
  • Options
    I also teach dance and the EDD is right smack dab at the peak of competition/recital season. Hopefully baby will cooperate and not decide to make his/her appearance out of town early
    Here's to hoping our pregnancies don't interfere with dance season!! 
    Im just a "dance mom", but I know if this baby comes and I have to miss a competition or a recital, I will have to pay another dance mom to do my daughters hair and makeup because poor DH is such a good girl dad, but also completely hopeless. 

Also, I would cry fat tears if I have to miss any persormanve. This is my daughters first year of competition and I'm so excited for her. 
    I'm also a dance teacher, and now I'm freaking out thinking of recital preparations!
  • Options
    @rowboat4 and @KD5624 Cloth diaper moms unite lol!  How are ya’ll doing with poopy diaper spraying?  Showing DH how to use the sprayer tonight because I had a hard time spraying this morning.  That sorta stuff doesn’t normally bother me though.  
    We switched to cloth around 14-15 months old and our DS mostly uses the potty (potty training has been a very complicated, interesting story, haha). So it honestly usually isn't an issue. We typically end the day in the same diaper- dry and clean. I just haven't pulled the trigger to underwear for a lot of complicated reasons. I'm hoping by the time he's three I'll be brave enough to put him in regular underpants. 
  • Options
    I'm cloth diapering too! The sprayer is the worst, and SO won't use it, but I've had to rinse DS's diapers since the early days because our washing machine sucks. Diaper laundry and towels are the only laundry I don't hate ;)
  • Options
    I normally dunk and swish because we could never get our sprayer installed on our super old plumbing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hasn't started to bother me yet.   If/ when that happens, we'll likely switch to disposables.   My H has the weakest stomach EVERand literally can't handle it. 

• Options
    Hasn't started to bother me yet.   If/ when that happens, we'll likely switch to disposables.   My H has the weakest stomach EVERand literally can't handle it. 
    So far it only bothered me yesterday.  Today was fine.  I think it was mainly because I hadn’t eaten enough so I was already nauseated.   
  • Options
    rowboat4 said:
    I normally dunk and swish because we could never get our sprayer installed on our super old plumbing. 
    Cloth diapering for the past 6 months now and I didn't even get a sprayer. I did however get a dollar spatula and a small container of bleach that the spatula rests in between diaper cleanups in the locked cabinet. Just scrape out any goop and you're good to go. Works like a charm
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options

DS is 2 years 9 months 
    He will be 3.5 
    Mostly worried that DS will stop napping before the baby gets here! He loves babies, and was requesting a baby sister before DH and I were talking about ttc
     Looking forward to when baby is old enough to start interacting with DS, I know he'll love to entertain baby.

We cloth diaper too-but packed them away at 2.5 when we started potty training in May...only to regress into pull-ups full time. DH was on deployment, I was getting our house ready to sell and DS thought it was a good time to climb out of his crib so was up a million times a night, something had to give!