March 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms - Week of August 21

2»

Re: Symptoms - Week of August 21

• Options
    @HappyMonkey817 I have a knee injury that is made much worse with the addition of relaxin to my system. FX that yours doesn't bother you too much this pregnancy!

@garnetmama I was actually wondering about early foot pain last week. I'm 12w4d and for the last 2 weeks I've been coaching 6-7 hours a day and then on my feet in the classroom another 4-5 hours, so my feet have been doing plenty of work, but I noticed that even though I was wearing really good shoes all day, my feet were throbbing by the end of the day (and moderately swollen). I don't remember that kind of pain until the third tri with my other two, but that could also be because of the timing of this baby compared to those and my activity level/coaching. 

@bb3vj3n I wouldn't call what I have acne simply because I know people have it much worse, but I am getting quite a few painful pimples that aren't quick to go away. It's frustrating because I'm accustomed to pretty easy-to-care-for skin, so I have to adopt some better routines to combat the bumps. I had it with DD, too, so I'm leaning toward girl :wink: 

@gh515 I have a few of those, too. I got a couple on the back of my arm earlier on, and those have seemed to go down. I got a skin tag when I was pregnant with DS, and that went away after his birth. Pregnancy does such strange things!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I've had a breast biopsy and I honestly don't remember having any pain that far after. It's definitely weird that it's several months later as everything should be all healed up by now I would think. If it's constant pain I'd probably ask the Dr about it. If it was just like one or two sharp pains I'd probably give it some time and see if it continues. I actually ended up having surgery about a year after the biopsy to remove the lump that was there, and the scar tissue is sometimes a little painful even now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nausea and food aversions have let up somewhat. I've had a few days/half days where I feel great. I am eating a bit more normally now. Today wasn't as great. Unfortunately I get belching and indigestion more often now, which make me nauseated too. Ugh!

For deodorant, I use primal pit paste (the stick kind, no rubbing it in needed). It works great. I've actually had a lot less sweating since becoming pregnant. However, when I have PMS sometimes I would need to carefully swab my underarms with lemon juice or rubbing alcohol to really clean them, then apply deodorant.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response @skppks The lump originally was not bothersome (scary) then it slowly started aching/sending shooting pains. After them diagnosing it "probably benign" I asked that they just biopsy it. They did and it was so, so incredibly painful for a good week afterwards, the hole they insterted in took a long time to close up, never looked infected, but almost looked like I could've used a stitch. Anyways, after that it was very sensitive to where DD couldn't even brush against me, today I've noticed a similar feeling. Not sure if the tissue/area is inflamed from pregnancy/boob growth (because they're at least a full cup bigger than they were a month ago). Not sure, but of course I'm concerned so I'm going to bring it up at my appt in 2 weeks if not sooner if it continues/worsens. 
  • Options
    @garnetmama my feet have become swollen if I'm on them too long or not drinking enough water or both. Putting my feet up helps a ton with this plus extra water. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I remember feeling the same way about the size of the hole (and needle)!! Certainly worth bringing up to the dr next time. I hope it's just your growing boobs and nothing more!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @chasingroygbiv, I'm sorry you're going through this. I have no personal experience but I'll be thinking of you!

So as of this morning, water smells terrible. I'm washing fruit and gagging from the smell of water. Fantastic new symptom to get through. 
  • Options
    pregobethpregobeth member
    edited August 2017
    @justkeeptrying, I had similar problem! If my drinking water cools down, it gets a strong fishy smell to me and makes me nauseous. 
    Also, I used to love fruit smoothies and juice, but the thought of drinking them now gives me the willies...

But the boobs don't hurt nearly as bad now! Yay for the little wins!
  • Options
    @garnetmama my feet have become swollen if I'm on them too long or not drinking enough water or both. Putting my feet up helps a ton with this plus extra water. 
     Stuck in the box... @mdfarmchick thank you for the reminder to drink more water! That is probably part of it. Also, the foods that help my nausea are higher in sodium than I usually eat so I'm sure that's part of it too! 
  • Options
    Ok ready cuz I'm about to go on a rant about symptoms.

Im very happy to be pregnant! I'm so blessed. But WTF BABY. I haven't felt too bad this entire time. I'm 12w3d. I hadn't vomitted just slight nausea. Past three days I'm a useless waste. Nausea like you wouldn't understand. Yesterday I dry heaved all morning and had to leave my FILs funeral early because I couldn't stop. Now today I have a SPLITTING migraine. I was up all night and my head is exploding. Why all of a sudden at 12w is this hitting me? 

Good news is im able to eat this morning and I'm trying some coffee for the headache. I had to skip the gym again I just can't even move. But I have school and work today and don't know how I'm going to do it.

Anyone else feel weird when people ask how you're feeling and you're honest? I'm dead honest and tell people when it's a bad day. I feel like people are shocked when I say that. Am I supposed to lie?
  • Options
    I'm having terrible problems with my neck.  I've had a terrible crick that has spread to my upper back.  I don't know if it's pregnancy related but it's making my life pretty miserable at the moment.
  • Options
    @maureenbioni
    I've been pretty honest about how much my body has completely betrayed me this entire time.  that said - not many people know yet and those that do are very near and dear. I know them well and know that they will take what I have to say in jest. 

that said - I'll probably be a little more careful about how I word my miserable self once we go public with the news. I know there are a ton of women out there who would do anything to be in my position right now and would be happy to be "miserable" if it meant they could be pregnant. I don't want to unintentionally hurt any feelings so instead of saying "being pregnant is horrible" which is basically what I say to my BFF, H and sis terms....I may tone it down slightly to " I'm so grateful for this pregnancy (I truly am) but it has been so much harder physically than I could have ever dreamed".

I don't think there is any harm in admitting that being pregnant is super difficult and taxing. I know that I am for sure not having the experience that I thought I would have. I wish somebody - anybody would have told me how hard this would be.  I knew to expect most of these symptoms but what I didn't know is how extreme they would be or even more to my suprise - how mentally and emotionally taxing it can be to be sick 24/7.

this went on way longer than I had intended.  main point being - some people can be so sensitive around pregnant women abs we don't always know their challenges. so I should say tread lightly when talking about the challenges and then vent away to those who you know best

• Options
    @maureenbioni I feel similarly, especially the headache. I don't have anyone asking how I feel though because no one knows. We've decided to try and not tell until our anatomy scan in 2 1/2 weeks.  :o I tell you ladies and DH the truth, but that I'm grateful no matter how crummy I feel!  
  • Options
    @maureenbioni I feel you on answering honestly. I think it's one of those "things" of pregnancy. I answer honestly and I think most people can't help themselves - They only know how to show support by trying to fix it or just telling you to feel better, as though you haven't done that. 
  • Options
    I just tell people I'm nauseous I never say I'm miserable. I made the call today to ask my doctor for something because I'm so weak and dizzy I can barely function. Food for the past three days has been crackers and ginger ale. I've lost 4 lbs and I can't stop crying. I've only vomitted once but the retching is worse. I'll sip water and immediately gag and retch and nothing will come up. I'm scared because I don't want to end up hospitaliZed with dehydration. So I'm waiting for a call back from my Ob on what they can do for me. 
  • Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited August 2017
    Is this even a symptom? Everything I eat tastes like its ingredients. As in fries taste like potatoes, oil and salt, not the harmony. Cake tastes like eggs, flour, and sugar...Not enjoyable!

Every single thing I eat is like this and it makes eating a very weird experience. 

Edited bc TB wrongocorrected me
  • Options
    Positive thoughts for this Texan preggo. Stuck in my apartment for 5 days until I was living off of snack food when everything went bad in my fridge. Grocery stores were closed, even if I could get there. No electricity to cook anything worth eating. Now I'm at a family friends because it's too hot at home and can't stop puking in their nice restroom because I left in such a hurry I forgot my unisom and b6. Whew. Prayers things get better sooner than later 
  • Options
    Positive thoughts for this Texan preggo. Stuck in my apartment for 5 days until I was living off of snack food when everything went bad in my fridge. Grocery stores were closed, even if I could get there. No electricity to cook anything worth eating. Now I'm at a family friends because it's too hot at home and can't stop puking in their nice restroom because I left in such a hurry I forgot my unisom and b6. Whew. Prayers things get better sooner than later 
    Oh my :(. I hope things improve for you very soon.
  • Options
    Is this even a symptom? Everything I eat tastes like it's ingredients. As in fries taste like potatoes, oil and salt, not the harmony. Cake tastes like eggs, flour, and sugar...Not enjoyable!

Every single thing I eat is like this and it makes eating a very weird experience. 
    That's weird and interesting!
  • Options
    @maureenbioni ugh. I understand. My OB gave me a prescription for Zofran today because I've been throwing up so much in the past two weeks. Hopefully yours can call something in for you. 

@barrelocarol that is so weird. Haha. And it sounds kinda awful too. 

@sarah_haha760 oh wow. I'm so sorry. Sending T&P your way and I hope you feel better soon. <3
  • Options
    @sarah_haha760 AAAAH! This sounds horrible! Being sick in the middle of hurricane chaos must be horrendous!! 

Thinking of you and all of our Harvey-affected mamas and desperately wishing and praying for peace and restoration!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you had somewhere to go!
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    @sarah_haha760 saying a prayer for you. What a struggle you and your community has ahead, but hopefully you find health and calm asap! <3