March 2018 Moms

Symptoms - Week of August 21

Noticed this hadn't been started yet.  ;)

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Symptoms - Week of August 21

• Direct me to the best deodorant ASAP. 

• Loading the player...
  • It probably is and I'm SO sorry. I have tried everything, I don't know what's going on, but I stink.  :s@justkeeptrying

@HappyMonkey817 Yes definitely tried the clinical strength, no success. Ugh. Someone said Toms or something?
  • I'm so oily and icky.  But the nausea is down and boobs are a little less sore 
  • @vaewelch Yes, me too! My face is normally a tad oily at the end of the day, but lately it's been so bad. I've started washing me face as soon as I get home from work bc I feel so yucky. My nausea is down but the boob soreness isn't letting up yet. 
  • Direct me to the best deodorant ASAP. 

I have had major BO issues ever since I got pregnant the first time. I find that Degree works the best. 
  • ishmoney said:
    TMI but I can't take the vaj smell anymore. It may be a sensitive nose... but I'm offending myself! Still struggling to enjoy food but I just eat what I think I may tolerate. Still taking the D. Tired, hot sometimes/cold others, queasy stomach at times.
    Also a problem for me haha
  • @HappyMonkey817 natural deodorant didn't work for me either, and I was bummed about it. 

I can smell the body scent coming off my head when I lay down to sleep. Even when my hair is freshly washed it grosses me out so bad. Ugh, so weird and so gross. I'm hoping the sensitive nose thing goes away soon. I can't remember if it ever went away last time. 

I'm still taking unisom/b6 but I think the naseau is starting to let up. Woohoo!
  • I'm not much of a sweater, so deodorant only might work. I'm going to get some tomorrow because I can't take the stench. DH also says I smell just fine. I don't.  :D
  • I think my extra oily is starting to let up. Usually I can wash one day, ponytail the next and look fine. For the first while, ponytail day had to get cut out because it was nasty.  :|

For the oily face, I did start packing around blotting papers so if I was going somewhere after work I could freshen up really quickly.

For those dealing with stinky pits, maybe try keeping some of the Pacifica wipes in your bag along with deodorant so you can clean up and reapply mid-day. The ones I have come in a navy blue pack and smell like coconut. They do help. I like Nubian Heritage for a pretty natural deodorant that actually works. I have had an okay experience with the crystal deodorant, too. Tom's just made me smell like a dirty hippie. I try to avoid the real stuff because most of them destroy my skin. As in I was pretty sure it was going to eat straight through and my arms would fall off.  :D

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Old injuries are acting up. I knew this was coming, but not this early. I'm not the world's biggest fan of the hormone relaxin.
  • @chasingroygbiv I like primal pit paste! It comes in a jar and you rub it in with your fingers. I think it works better than other natural deos, maybe because it "penetrates" deeper into the skin?

@HappyMonkey817 as far as I know this is not related to an old injury, but I've been having intermittent, intense, burning pain deep in my left butt cheek. Sacroiliac joint pain apparently. My midwife was just like sorry, that's not going away :(
  • I'm sorry, @orbmaker. That really stinks :(
  • @HappyMonkey817 sorry you're suffering! Not sure if your pain is similarly pelvis-related, but my midwife did mention sitting on a lacrosse ball and rolling around could provide some relief (haven't tried it yet, just limping around my house like "my butt! My butt!")
  • orbmaker said:
    @HappyMonkey817 sorry you're suffering! Not sure if your pain is similarly pelvis-related, but my midwife did mention sitting on a lacrosse ball and rolling around could provide some relief (haven't tried it yet, just limping around my house like "my butt! My butt!")
    Mine is an old injury. I hurt my hip when I gave birth to my daughter. She had a huge head that didn't mold at all. Ouch! But I'll try anything, so thank you for the suggestion.
  • I think i must be having a girl....in addition to how sick I've been - I now have a new symptom.  My skin in breaking out so bad!
  • I don't have acne (and think the skin on my face is as good as always- maybe a sign of a boy?), but I'm noticing very little colorless bumps on my neck and right under my jaw. They don't itch or anything, and I don't think other people can see them, but it certainly doesn't add to the obviously sparkling sexiness of the late first trimester. 

B6/Unisom has mostly squashed the nausea, which I might be growing out of anyway, but it certainly leaves me sleepy. Especially in the morning. (HOW IS IT ONLY 9AM/90min INTO THE WORKDAY?!)
  • These constupation pains are real. Real friggin awful.
  • @chasingroygbiv I feel ya. That has been one of my only complaints so far being pregnant. Yesterday I went on a walk after dinner and about doubled over in constipation/gas pain.  :|
  • Pretend you're dealing with unbearable migraines 2-3x a week, would you be comfortable taking regular strength Tylenol for them? I have another migraine and I HATE taking medication while pregnant, but this sucks my entire day. I think I've left the couch for a total of 20 minutes since 8:30 am. To feed the kids lunch, pee several times, and answer the door. I have so much laundry to do before sports all day tomorrow. Ugh.
  • I have been getting a few migraines and have been taking regular strength Tylenol. Along with peppermint oil ( peppermint halo pen from sage ) on my crown and a cold pack on my forehead and a nap seems to nip it in the but for me.  Hope they go away soon @chasingroygbiv
  • @chasingroygbiv yes, totally! Don't suffer if you don't have to. I took Tylenol yesterday for a monster headache. Hope it gets better soon for you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @chasingroygbiv my OB told me to take the regular strength as soon I felt a migraine coming on instead of pushing it off or only doing a little at a time. 
  • @chasingroygbiv I tried Tom's and it made me itch all day. I tried Schmidt's and it turned my armpits super dark and then they started peeling. DH was like just go back to using Degree but I wanna try to stay away from the unnecessary chemicals so I know I'm stinky right now.

I'm still using the B6/Unisom combo but I sleep alllll day long when i take it more than just at night. Not good when i am supposed to be at work all day. Figured out chicken is a new aversion so vomiting has reduced since cutting that out. I am getting random stabbing pains. Dr says I pulled a muscle in my water aerobics class. Leave it to me to be the youngest in the class and I get hurt. Ugh. Can't win right now.
  • Thanks @KLmyz @ashleyf911 @mdfarmchick The last few I've had I've put off taking anything and end up paying for it being super sick with it all day from the time I wake up until I fall asleep. If I didn't have kids I could maybe suck it up, but this has to get better. I'm trying to imagine getting them to and from school like this in two weeks and I honestly don't believe I could do it. I can't wait until my appointment in 2 weeks, not that he will tell me anything, but I want my iron checked mostly. 
  • BACNE. That's my battle right now. My poor husband has been wiping my back with oxy pads daily!

I am also nauseous again which I thought would be gone by 12 weeks but apparently not!!
  • @maureenbioni Nope.. 14+4 here and still nauseated. Tried ditching my half of a Unisom tab and I'm probably going to start it again. Ugh. 
  • This is the latest I've stayed up in weeks (it's 11:30 and we were at a friend's for a bonfire). I took my meds, and then got a wicked case of diarrhea. I am so unbelievably dizzy from my
    meds. I told DH to make sure I make it back from the bathroom okay. 
  • Is anyone already finding their feet are swelling a little? My feet and lower legs swelled terribly the last two months of my previous pregnancy... but 11 weeks is just so early! It's just the ankle on my left foot. I plan to ask at my appt this coming Friday as well.
  • Is anyone already finding their feet are swelling a little? My feet and lower legs swelled terribly the last two months of my previous pregnancy... but 11 weeks is just so early! It's just the ankle on my left foot. I plan to ask at my appt this coming Friday as well.
    I've had slight swelling if I'm on my feet a lot.
  • I've been having crazy dream and trouble sleeping. I'm constantly waking up an hour or two before my alarms, which doesn't help with my exhaustion. I'm on week 10 and my nausea has been mild up until now.
  • Has anyone had a breast biopsy before? I had one in.... April/May?? and today I'm noticing pain where they inserted the needle. Is that worrisome? Weird?
  • @chasingroygbiv Forgot to mention, re: migraines - have you tried relieving tension at the base of your skull? My physical therapist recommended wrapping 2 tennis balls in panty hose and putting that under your head while laying on your back. 

Also, lavender at the base of the skull would be nice. 

Just throwing out ideas bc I stand in solidarity with the awful migraines you're experiencing!!
  • Thanks @barrelocarol I have never heard of the tennis ball thing or lavender, I will definitely try that next time.. hopefully there won't be a next time (yeah right).