January 2018 Moms
Options

UO - 8/24

Let's see how wrong you are... ;)

Re: UO - 8/24

• Options
    @Mudge85 me too! I don't even care if other people hate her. I also think her PR team is really smart. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mudge85 OMGGGG meeeee tooooo! My FI makes fun of me for it, but honestly I LOVE the ISH out of her! And honestly I thought it was tomorrow, so I am pretty sure you just made my day hahaha! I needed that after today so far lol.
  • Options

@jaclyn405 I heard it was pretty late tonight but I am TOTALLY downloading that the second its available :)

@gusgus14 I also DO NOT care that people hate her / think she's annoying.. I eat it up!!!!!!

• Options
    I am a sucker for those listicles that are really just a collection of Reddit posts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @bainidhedub Me too!!!! Although I usually just click on "source" and go read the whole reddit thread anyway. I lose hours to those things..
  • Options
    @Cricket99 @bainidhedub Same -- and if I can't find a source link, I don't even bother to read the listicle, because they're usually non-functional on my phone anyway.
  • Options
    @Cricket99 @bainidhedub Same -- and if I can't find a source link, I don't even bother to read the listicle, because they're usually non-functional on my phone anyway.
    This is what I should do but I never really got into/figured out Reddit. The aggregator sites are the worst, buggiest, ad-ridden things out there right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Because we just got back from the Children's Museum.. I don't get the child leashes. I understand they probably help with kids who tend to run, but personally I don't think I'd ever use one.
  • Options
    @schaze I totally agree, but then I heard about child predators in retail places (Target, Walmart, etc.). Yes, you watch your kids, but I have heard (once from firsthand account, otherwise hearsay) that kids who run under clothing racks or around an aisle and hide from parents can be the first to be targeted. Still not saying I would get one and probably wouldn't, but hearing these stories changed my perspective entirely.
  • Options
    leeeahyoleeeahyo member
    edited August 2017
    @schaze I was really against them, too. That said, we caved. It's a little backpack with removable leash (it sounds so bad I know lol). I worry about being judged when I use it, which truly isn't that often. But my reason for having it: my son, who isn't quite 2 yet, is very independent. He can walk, and wants to walk, but he doesn't listen. He's not shy to strangers and he's fearless and loves to explore. He doesn't care if we are nearby or not, he's going to take off! He's also a big boy at 35 pounds. So it basically keeps me from having to carry him everywhere, because he WILL run off, and gives him a little freedom. However, I would never use it in a children's museum....kid's freedom to play and explore is kinda the point in there.

My UO: I love our semi old-fashioned way of living and don't think there's anything wrong with depending on a man. DH works hard outside of the home and I work hard within it and it works for us!!

ETA: Also excited about Taylor Swift's new music! Couldn't hate it if I tried to lol it's always sooo goood!! 
  • Options
    @schaze I've never really been against them if the idea is to allow for more independence. My mom ran a daycare when I was in elementary school and she had elastic leashes for the toddlers that clipped to a little belt with a pocket. The kids loved them bc they'd wear them to walk to the park and then fill up the pockets with mulch & stuff. We used one (a different style that clipped around the chest & shoulders) with DS when he was 1.5-2yo, he wanted to walk without holding hands but could not listen to directions. It kept him from getting too far away or into the street or something, and was especially nice at big outdoor events.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @schaze my friend whose son is autistic used one, because he would vanish so abruptly and quietly. Never on purpose, he just didn't understand why he should stay with the group. He vanished from Kindergarten once and was found wandering around a neighborhood blocks away! 

They don't need it now that he is older. But I do think they are good safety tools for non-neurotypical kids or kids with disabilities.
  • Options
    I used to be so against child leashes until recently lol! It's so hard to carry DD, but she's only 19 months, so she still has a super short attention span and jets off too fast for me to catch. So I've been looking into a backpack with a leash now. 

My UO haha I CANNOT STAND TAYLOR SWIFT. I can't stand Katy Perry either. Like just SHUT UP ABOUT THEM ALEADY! I can't even pump gas without one of them popping up on the little TVs at the pumps :|
  • Options
    My UO: I also can't stand Taylor Swift. It's not that I necessarily hate her music or anything (I can admit that some of her songs are catchy). I just think she may be one of the most annoying creatures on the planet.
    Sorry, ladies
  • Options
    I can definitely see when the leash backpacks might be useful like the examples you ladies gave for sure. I don't side eye those at all- to each their own! 

Also on the not liking Taylor Swift train. I've been reminded recently too how much I hate football.
  • Options
    @schaze I too hate football. The only team sport I can really stand is hockey, but I'm from the frozen North. 
  • Options
    @libbberty John Mayer is a huge asshole. He grew up in my childhood hometown and used to beat up one of my (girl) friends.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    I've never really been a John Mayer fan either. I like some songs, but don't find him all that attractive.
  • Options
    @missblaze I totally believe that. I was just in a fierce debate with people yesterday over how "he'd changed" and I was like, do you know him personally? He just seems to give me the shivers.
  • Options
    @scatteringashes I was just about to say the same thing before reading your post. Giving a child choices (subject to the parent's discretion) is a good compromise. Parent is in control, child feels like they have some control.

John Mayer is super creepy. Never paid much attention to him until he referred to Jessica Simpson as sexual napalm and now all I can think of is slime when I think of him.

On the matter of leashes, pre-kids I would see them and cringe. Now that my huge toddler is in the terrific twos, I see why it isn't such a bad idea. Outings with him used to be wonderful and now it just depends on if he has had a nap and if I want to constantly police his every move. He is so independent, so fast, a climber and does the opposite of authority in most days. I haven't actually looked into getting one though. 
  • Options
    Re: John Mayer, I really loved his music but I don't want to be in a dark alley with him 
  • Options
    @Cricket99 I maaayyy have taught my son that 'messes make Mommy sad', and that is why we don't drop food and have to clean up toys. It's not a lie though, I get kind of anxious and claustrophobic when the house is too messy, which is unfortunate because I'm also terrible about keeping things clean.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @caeilievalor All the YES! But I'm also not into the ridiculous gender items either or...cartoons or characters. I like when children look put together if that makes sense? I mean eventually how they dress and present does impact their world. Why not begin young?!