May 2018 Moms
Options

*Introductions*

Re: *Introductions*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I'm in BC Canada and I'm due with my second on May 4. I'm still nursing and definitely feeling a lot of second time mom guilt. Looking forward to chatting with you all
    A fellow Canadian! I'm in Ontario. Welcome :)
  • Options
    Loving all the STMs, 15ers, and teachers on here!

I got my BFP this afternoon and am still processing, but hopped on over here ASAP because I knew that seeing the community I'm about to be a part of would make me feel happier.  :)  It did!

My husband and I have a beautiful O15 girl and are excited for her to have a sibling some time soon, but are limiting ourselves to "cautiously optimistic" thanks to two losses prior to our daughter's birth.  

I'm 32 and currently working as an adjunct in English and History at the University where I'm getting my PhD. Fortunately, unlike the last pregnancy, I'm only working part-time, so I will probably be around a lot!  I'm a former dedicated member of the O15 board - omg, hi @millette2015!!! missed you!!! - who fell off the continuing alternate board when we gave up internet for a year.  (Should check back in, though, as it sounds like it's still going!  @millette2015, can't believe it but I think I lost the link! Can you PM it to me?) 

Looking forward to making this journey with all you lovely ladies!  Stray strong, PGAL gals! <3
    Sorry I didn't see this -- I have no clue how to get notifications on the bump, lol. We changed platforms since we last talked (I think?). I'll send you a p.m.
  • Options
    @k5678 due date buddies! Welcome :) 
  • Options
    @k5678 I'm May 11 and an elementary school SLP... I'm so excited to be able to basically take sick time to summer and have over 12 weeks all paid!!! So happy the timing "worked out" for us. :)
  • Options
    It will be perfect- I have 13 days of sick leave, and 13 school days after May 10. Now just to get all the way to my due date and not go into labor during class!
  • Options
    @libfish825 I also had a hour commute with my last and was worried about nausea and needing to pee! The only thing that helped me was having a bunch of different snacks and water in the car with me. Luckily it never got too bad, I hope the same is true for you!
  • Options
    Thanks @char245! I think I'll end up with major snack stockpiles in the car and at work! I'm doing a Whole30 so it'll be almonds and larabars all the way!

Mommy to four +1, EDD November 9th!

Come visit my new blog @ sixpickhappy.wordpress.com!

• Options
    k5678 said:
    It will be perfect- I have 13 days of sick leave, and 13 school days after May 10. Now just to get all the way to my due date and not go into labor during class!
    I've been in the same district for 9 years,  and even after going on mat leave for 44 days with my first,  I still have 75 sick days accumulated as I start this year.   Lol.  Bring on the snow days this year!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    @Kendrajos I'll be a RCS as well. My first was past due, long induction, too big (9 lbs 5 oz) and ended with a CS. #2 was suppose to be a RCS at 39 weeks but was a CS at 38+3 because I was showing signs of pre eclampsia. If you have any info on preventing pre eclampsia I'd love to chat! It's my number one question for my OB but I don't see him until 10 weeks.
  • Options
    KendrajosKendrajos member
    edited September 2017
    @dinonugget my primary care doctor mentioned that things have changed in the 6-7 yrs since I was last pregnant and there might be benefits to baby aspirin taken to prevent pre-eclampsia or at least lower the risks and I should ask my OB about it when I make an appointment. So that is on my to-do-list. I don't know if there is any validity to this yet but I plan on asking the OB at my first visit(not scheduled yet) might be something to look into though, and if I am able to see my OB before you see yours, I will definitely let you know what I find out!  :)
  • Options
    Welcome, ladies! @createmagic14 It's my third year being an SLP in the district and I have 32 days... I figure I may have to use a few for doctors appointments and if baby comes early I may have to take a week or two unpaid but it really does line up perfectly!  (We typically go until the third week of June after snow days so I'm also rooting for lots this year!)

@lifeisnot2fear nice to see another school employee that's nkt necessarily a teacher joining the mix! 
  • Options
    @Kendrajos thank you! I remember hearing about that too. I'm just hoping to make it all the way to 39 weeks because DS2 ended up in the nicu for a day and a half because of breathing problems at birth.
  • Options
    @jbeckley120 I also work in child protective services. It's a very stressful job and I'm not sure about your position but I have to work much overtime which is more difficult now pregnant.
  • Options
    @JenniatONU School librarian love!! What grades?

Mommy to four +1, EDD November 9th!

Come visit my new blog @ sixpickhappy.wordpress.com!

• Options
    Hugs @sparkymcgeee - I told DH if this baby isn't sticky, I don't think we will try again. A woman can only endure so much. Here's to hoping this is a sticky, healthy, normal pregnancy for us both (and everyone else here, of course).

• Options
    Poppy0419 said:
    Hey everyone! 

STM and due May 18th. Still trying to process it even though we were trying. I have a 18m DD (M16 in the house, but had a February baby). 

My BMB was my lifeline last go around and so I'm extremely excited to get to know y'all! 
    I lurked that board and popped in and out with my DS. A16 ;)