February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread | 8.21

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 8.21

• @SarahFoley725 girl, me too. Also, the headache today is pretty intense. Beyond that...WHY IS MY ACNE GETTING WORSE. My chin is a mess and they just keep popping up one right next to the other. 
  • The RLP hit hard last night. Not fun. And yesterday I didn't poop, got worried, and this morning I took Colace. Then I get to work and suddenly my colon decides it's ready to empty immediately. What a waste of the Colace!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Add me to the no poop for days, then non-stop poop team.  Yesterday was quite eventful, if you know what I mean.  Kinda ready for the no poop day.
  • I'm on day 3 of the no poop day. I took a solace yesterday and today. I'm almost afraid of it starting to work...

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• One word: hemorrhoids.
  • Yoga poses I think help (from my prenatal yoga class):
    cat
    cow
    child's pose
    I agree - I don't think mountain pose does much. Maybe helps you be mindful of your posture?
  • Yoga poses I think help (from my prenatal yoga class):
    cat
    cow
    child's pose
    I agree - I don't think mountain pose does much. Maybe helps you be mindful of your posture?
    Yeah those are the three pass that I really like during pregnancy. I'm not very much into yoga though so they are some of the few I can actually do but I do like going between cat and cow back and forth

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• sabriel1 said:
    Yoga poses I think help (from my prenatal yoga class):
    cat
    cow
    child's pose
    Yeah those are the three pass that I really like during pregnancy. I'm not very much into yoga though so they are some of the few I can actually do but I do like going between cat and cow back and forth
    If you lay on your back and place a block under your lower back it gets a good stretch since you can't do cobra while pregnant. Also I find Happy Baby to be a nice hip opener and if you rock side to side in happy baby it's a nice little massage on you lower back. 
  • @rainafire77 I feel your pain, literally. I'm starting colace today, too, and I go back to work on Monday. My classroom is the farthest point from any bathroom in the building. :(
  • My back and hip have been agonizing so I went to a chiropractor yesterday who specializes in pregnancy and she told me my SI joint was that of a woman who was 30w not 16w. I've had hip problems most of my adult life so looks like pregnancy is just going to compound it. I'm going to see her every couple days for the next two weeks to see if we can loosen off the jammed joint and then it's going to be a lot of yoga and stretching. I'm a little concerned because it's so bad right That I'm having trouble sleeping and just doing life. Haha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yoga poses that seem to be helping to me are:
    lunges to stretch your psoas
    happy baby (until the belly is too big)
    pigeon pose for hips (mine are reg extremely tight, so I am guessing pregnancy is going to be a bit tricky for that area of my body)
    also going to my chiro reg. He releases my round ligaments when I am there which is AMAZING!

oh... and the Epsom salt bath was a huge help too. 
  • Went to a yoga class last night and had to modify child's pose (moved my knees out) bc i've popped and belly was getting squished haha. Took a bath after and my hip is much happier today
  • corcola said:
    Went to a yoga class last night and had to modify child's pose (moved my knees out) bc i've popped and belly was getting squished haha. Took a bath after and my hip is much happier today
    Most people put their knees out for child's pose bc they can't get the deep stretch otherwise!
  • corcola said:
    Went to a yoga class last night and had to modify child's pose (moved my knees out) bc i've popped and belly was getting squished haha. Took a bath after and my hip is much happier today
    Most people put their knees out for child's pose bc they can't get the deep stretch otherwise!
    Good point!! i've just been doing it wrong this whole time!
  • My hands have been going numb while sleeping or laying on the couch...has anyone else experienced this?  :(:(
  • RachelR17 said:
    My hands have been going numb while sleeping or laying on the couch...has anyone else experienced this?  :(:(
    Are you laying directly on your back? As your uterus can compress a vein that can cut of circulation in your body if you do so, it usually a bit further down the track, but everybody is different and this could be happening already for you. Maybe place a pillow under your bottom or lay on the side of this is the case? 
  • RachelR17 said:
    My hands have been going numb while sleeping or laying on the couch...has anyone else experienced this?  :(:(
    I've been noticing this too! Mainly when lying on my sides and playing on my phone. Not really sure why it's happening :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Probably carpal tunnel...usually happens later in pregnancy but can happen earlier :/
  • RachelR17 said:
    I've been noticing this too! Mainly when lying on my sides and playing on my phone. Not really sure why it's happening :(
    I get this too. I had it later with my first and it was one of my first symptoms this time around. I find it more annoying, as I do not have pain, just numbness, I hope it does not get worse this time around. 
  • Is it weird that I was getting carpal tunnel as an early pregnancy symptom? My doctor didn't believe me that it was pregnancy related since it was so early. Once I hit 2nd tri it faded off and now at 17 weeks I don't have it anymore. I'm praying I don't get it for third tri. If it comes back I told DH no more kids lol I can deal with sciatic and back pain but I couldn't handle my hands/wrists 
  • Is it weird that I was getting carpal tunnel as an early pregnancy symptom? My doctor didn't believe me that it was pregnancy related since it was so early. Once I hit 2nd tri it faded off and now at 17 weeks I don't have it anymore. I'm praying I don't get it for third tri. If it comes back I told DH no more kids lol I can deal with sciatic and back pain but I couldn't handle my hands/wrists 
    Mine was very early, now has mostly faded, except last night when I randomly woke up with three numb fingers. I am with you on hoping it does not get worse in third tri. I am 14 w now. 
  • @pandappanderson this is exactly what's happening! I meant to talk to my doctor about it last week when I was there but I totally forgot!