Infertility

October FET

Re: October FET

• @hgasic Thank you for the advice! I tend to google every question I have, and like you said, it can sometimes just make you more stressed! I'll start getting some activities on the calendar for those days after. My clinic tests 14 days after transfer which already seems like eternity, haha. Right now I am on estrogen, but begin my progesterone on Saturday.

I read your introduction and I just want to say how sorry I am to hear about your losses. I will be thinking of you as you wait to find out the results of this cycle. Sending you lots of positive vibes!
  • @prudence9-2 people are panicking so they’re stocking up on masks. I’ll get some from the hospital. I take aspirin until my beta. When is your beta? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hgasic okay :)

@mjbarretto My beta is on the 23rd. Good luck tomorrow!!!
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• @hgasic - Those weird, itchy welts from the PIO? I have gotten them, too (towards the end of FET#2 and all of FET#3). Honestly, I moved the injection site to upper, outer thigh with 22x1" needle and it eased it a little bit (I didn't have the constant reminder of the itchy bump). I start PIO tomorrow and am hoping it doesn't reoccur - or that the strategy still works!

So - yay! - lining was at 11.5, so we're good to go for FET#4 on the 19th :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 We are cycle buddies! Just had my lining checked today and I am also a go for FET on the 19th. Sending you all the best for your FET! :smile:
  • Just got my beta results back. Positive... but "very low". My doctor said it doesn't look good. I just feel so defeated. I have to go back for another test on Monday to make sure that it doesn't increase. Praying for a miracle, but it's hard to be positive. I just want to go home and cry but am stuck at work caring for everyone else's sweet children at school. 
  • @hgasic I’m so sorry to hear the news :( Take care of yourself this weekend. There’s nothing worse than getting bad news at work with no freedom to express emotion. Thinking of you.
  • @hgasic so sorry to hear! And yes, it’s the worst getting the bad news at work. I remember all I wanted to do is go home as well.  Sending you internet hugs. 
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• Sorry for vanishing, I had a nasty cold this week that really knocked me out energy-wise, but I've been reading along and love-titting.

@hgasic and @bethann1022 Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear the news from both of you!  I think IVF transfer failures are the worst emotionally; certainly for me I had a much harder time recovering from our first one compared to say IUI failures (which were also distressing).  All of which is to say that you've been through so much already and I know there's nothing I can really say to make it better, but take your time to be sad, cry, get angry, take a break, whatever you need.  Lots of hugs to you both, and I'm still praying for those miracles.

@hgasic It really is the worst getting the news at work.  Is there any place you can be alone to cry for a bit?  

@tnh0413 and @prudence9-2 Congratulations on being PUPO, ladies!  May both of your truncated TWWs fly by with a minimum of PIO pain (if you're taking it) and good news at the end!

@cdavies05 Welcome!  This is my first FET, too, so I can't advise on the process before, but I have been through one (failed) transfer already.  The transfer itself isn't so bad at all.  So much easier than the ER.  My only advice would be to not be too gungho on the water intake before you get to the office. Thankfully they let me partially empty my bladder, or I would have had a really uncomfortable time!

@sarcasticowl and @mjpbarretto Have you had your transfers today? How did they go??

@MamaK225 Yay for a successful lining check!  Next week is going to be another busy one for this board!

AFM AF finally showed today and spent the morning waging war in my ute.  I've got my baseline appointment on Sunday and if all goes well, should be starting the estrogen.  I guess that puts me at around 10/31 for the FET?  I'm sure I'll find out on Sunday.

• Hey @Bababatty, my transfer was yesterday. Took the day off today (unlike last month when I went back to work the next day) so I’ve just been hanging out and relaxing/napping/eating. My lower back has been kind of achy today and I felt some small pelvic cramps late last night but I think that was just left over from the transfer itself. Trying not to read too much into these symptoms obviously but the lower back is a new one. Embryo was half hatched at transfer (11:00 am) so I’m hoping for a quick, strong implanter! :smiley:
  • Yay @sarcasticowl! Congratulations! Sounds like you've already got an ambitious embie. Hope it's snuggling on in!
  • Well I finally got the all clear to start meds... eta of my FET is nov 3rd though :open_mouth:

@hgasic sorry about the news :(  It's the absolute worst to get the news at work. I am so sorry
  • @hgasic I'm so sorry to hear about your news. Take some time for yourself this weekend. I hope the end of your day goes by quickly! I will also keep my fingers crossed for you for Monday's news.

@bababatty Thank you for the advice on the water! I was wondering when I should really start chugging water because I am so worried about peeing on the doctor, haha. When is your FET scheduled for?

@sarcasticowl Sending you good vibes for implantation!! :smile:

@crystal321 Exciting news on your estimated transfer date! :smile:
  • 20T20T member
    Beta was this morning. 

**Huge TW**
    I've been getting bfps on hpts since Monday and they looked to be getting progressively darker. Took a digital this morning before beta-it showed "pregnant." We were so excited-in over 2 years it was the first time we'd ever seen two lines!
    Unfortunately beta was in the 40s-they wanted it at or greater than 100 at 10dp5dt (afternoon transfer so it's now 11dp5dt). So I am pregnant but it's not looking very good for me staying that way.
    Repeat beta is Tuesday-it all hinges on that at this point.
    **end TW**
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited October 2017
    @20T  I'm praying for all the best for you and your pregnancy. 
  • @hgasic I'm sorry you have to go though this terrible situation. Please feel better soon. (((Hugs)))
  • @sarcasticowl Congrats on being PUPO!!!! Sending sticky vibes and baby dust your way!
  • @Bababatty and @Crystal321 Yay for the AF and your scheduled FET!!!! I'm getting excited for you!

AFM, af is a no show so I have to wait a bit more.. (sigh)
  • @hgasic I’m so sorry hun. Infertility sucks! 

@Bababatty I had my transfer this morning. Then hubby and I spent the day together playing video games
  • @tinjp78 thank you! How are you doing?
  • @mjbarretto You're welcome. I'm ok. No AF yet, dr said I might ovulate soon coz my estrogen and LH were elevated from my Fri blood work. She didn't see HCG so I'm not so happy about it. If AF is still a no show til 10/18, we'll set an appt with my dr and she'll prescribe some meds that will reset my body in prep for my FET. 
  • @hgasic and @20T I’m sorry to hear about both news!! My FX big time for both of you ladies tomorrow and Tuesday!! All of it sucks and I wish none of us had to do this. Good vibes and all the positive energy your way!
    Me 30 DH: 31 Married for 7 years
    Dx: MFI
    TTC since 2016
    August 2017: IVF #1 (11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fertilized with ICIS, 2 Frozen)
    FET #1:  October 11th -- Beta only 12. CP 
    FET #2: January 12th -- BFP!
  • I caved and took an at home test this afternoon. Transfer was Wednesday so I know it’s way too early (I hope anyway). It was BFN. I bought three so I plan to test again maybe Wednesday and then again Thursday bc my beta is Friday AM. Has anyone done this before? I thought I would be able to wait until Friday but my god the suspense is killing me and hubby! 
    Me 30 DH: 31 Married for 7 years
    Dx: MFI
    TTC since 2016
    August 2017: IVF #1 (11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fertilized with ICIS, 2 Frozen)
    FET #1:  October 11th -- Beta only 12. CP 
    FET #2: January 12th -- BFP!
  • @tnh0413 I think everyone goes thru a phase where they want to pee on all kinda sticks  :D

this time around I’m gonna try and not test. My transfer was also on Wed but my beta is not until next Monday.  :s

• @tnh0413 totally normal!! I have an urge to POAS and my transfer isn’t until the 24th. Although I may have just lost my mind due to this process. 
  • @tnh0413 I started POAS at about six days post transfer and it was a negative each time. Ended up being a BFN. I’m not sure it did wonders for me psychologically, but this time I’ll be POAS the day before my beta so I can be a little more prepared for the phone call I’ll get at work. I just read (was it on this board or September’s?) that someone who got a BFN on a HPT right before beta ended up getting a beta in the 200s. So really it’s all a stab in the dark it seems  :s
  • Hey @rainbows2018, my beta is on the 23rd. Fingers crossed for both of us. How are you feeling? My lower back has been achy and I feel sort of dull, AF-like cramps/pressure since transfer. I’m sure everyone will say it’s because of the PIO but are you feeling anything similar? Last time I just had super sore boobs but not this time, which is super odd to me. Hate these meds for their fake-out preggo symptoms!!
  • @sarcasticowl my beta is also on the 23rd. When I had sore boobs I think it started around beta time not before. 

• Hi Ladies,  I know I am not on this board much, even though my FET is scheduled for 10/26. but there's been a lot of activity here already. FX for everyone in the TWW, and hugs to those with low betas :( 

I absolutely dread POAS, anyone else?? 

Also, for those who have already had their transfers this month, what was it like, emotionally? Every time I imagine the transfer and being able to see the embryos on the screen, I get very choked up. I feel like I will cry that day (and I would totally be embarrassed if I did). Also, does anyone else have an irrational fear that you're gonna pee on the doc at the time of transfer LOL? I know it sounds silly, but when they explained how it was gonna work, that was the first thought that popped into my mind. 
  • Today I loaded up on Brazil nuts, pineapple, and 100% pomegranate juice to help with transfer (not sure if these really help, but I will try anything at this point! :p ). I also picked up some 500mcg l-arginine supplements to take before and after transfer as I read a research article that showed it helps with implantation by increasing bloodflow to the uterus.

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for before/after transfer that you helped make you feel more prepared or at ease for the process? :)

Good luck to everyone in the TWW!

• sarcasticowlsarcasticowl member
    edited October 2017
    @coco305 To be honest, transfer is kind of cool but not as emotional as I thought it would be. The second one we did was definitely not even as cool because we had had a failure, so it was more nerve-wracking than anything else. You can’t actually see the embryo on the screen; you’re lucky if you can even see the little white flash of fluid when they transfer the embryo. The ultrasound image is way less clear than when they do the transvaginal imaging so you’re sort of just trusting the doc that the things they’re pointing at are real LOL. My bladder wasn’t SO full that I thought I’d pee, not at all. And it’s over so quickly, too. All these months and weeks leading up to it and it’s done in five minutes! 
  • @tnh0413 I'd probably do the same if I got my FET. Crossing everything for you on your beta this Friday.

@sarcasticowl I hope that you can find relief from your lower back pain. 

@coco305  I think I'd be emotional too on my FET day. I was already so stunned when I saw a picture of my one frozen embie on my dr's PC monitor on one of our appointments.

@cdavies05 I'm doing only some light exercises for now like a few squats,  pomegranate tea, folic acid and vit C,D and E.
  • @coco305 the pee thing Is one of my biggest fears right now - especially since ER seems to have shrunk my bladder. I’m already starting to get emotional and transfer isn’t even for another week. @sarcasticowl I have my transfer on the 24th but your symptoms do sound promising. Fx for a positive outcome! 
  • MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited October 2017
    @coco305 - I'm scheduled for FET#4 on Thursday. I am very rarely an emotional or sentimental person, but I do always get choked up during the FET. There's just something sooooo magical, emotional, and personal about it all. Don't worry about crying or shedding a tear. I'm sure all or most have done it.

**History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• *TW*
    @sarcasticowl - If it helps ease you mind some, my successful FET started with a lower-than-preferred beta - but then jumped (it *never* got "high," always right outside of what was expected). I'm hoping the same is going on with you. Never fun to be in the land of What If/Tests ... we already spend enough time there!!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @rainbows2018 Sorry, somehow I misread and thought your beta was on the 24th. Good luck with everything!!