Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Weekend Randoms - 8/19

• Options
    @lauranicole91 Yay for comicon! Anything you're prticularly excited about seeing/doing/buying there? Do you dress up?

AFM, this is my last weekend before going back to teaching, so I'm finishing a quilt and reading and relaxing. On Monday morning I'll cater the back to school breakfast for the staff, so tomorrow I'll be cooking and prepping for that. BUT, we've got tons of smoke here from some nearby wildfires, and it's making me feel even worse than I already do - more sick, more lethargic. To top it off, the temperatures are creeping up towards 100, which just makes it worse because we can't close the house up to escape the smoke.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started TTC August 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am getting ready to go to lunch with my mom and 2 of my dad's sisters, which will be..... interesting.  They are insane.

• Options
    @hedgepig we used to dress up long ago! We don't have the energy to go through with it anymore. Haha. We've gone to a larger con that's local and have gone to Dragon Con long long ago. 
    We're hoping to find some power ranger stuff since my son has recently gotten hooked. And my husband is a big who fan, so I'm sure we'll find tons of that as well. We're also big on x-men, specifically wolverine, hence my son's name is Logan.  :D
    Enjoy your last weekend of freedom before school!! 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @holly321 good luck! Hopefully it isn't too nutty

I am watching The Kitchen which is one of my favorites, but everything is looking both tasty and nauseating at the same time
  • Options
    @hedgepig So impressive that you make quilts!  I saw some interesting looking ones you can make with old onesies once your kids are older. Have you ever done anything like that? I'd love to but I can't even sew a button so...probably not gonna happen!
  • Options
    @maureenmce What a fun idea! I have made a tshirt quilt with old shirts, so I bet it's a similar concept. As for making one yourself - for the most part it's just following directions and sewing a straight(ish) line. If you want to do it, definitely give it a shot!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig stay safe with the wildfires.  Hope you are able to find some relief from that smoke 

@lauranicole91 yes to Comic-Con and totally awesome you named your son logan.  

Not much going on for me this weekend.  Going out to dinner for my SIL's birthday (it was on thursday) not looking forward to it because I don't like the type of food and she always seems to pick these crazy places that have the weirdest food that nobody likes but her.  Other then that just lots of lodging around as much as a I can with a 2 year old.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @hedgepig I'm sorry about the fires, I can't stand the smell of large burns id be so sick too. 
    @allowachick The food Network(my best friend) has become my worst enemy
    @holly321 and @lauranicole91 Good Luck with family!

This morning we went to the Farmers Market and library. Picked up a couple books I hope to start this coming week. I'm going to take a short nap then DH and I are going to finish painting and packing up stuff in basement aka future playroom. My SD has a choir performance today night. Tomorrow is church and lunch with my parents, followed by any remaining basement work
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @hedgepig I feel so bad for you right now. That's terrible. 

I am doing NOTHING this weekend. DS can hang out with dad because I'll be eating a napping at least the rest of today. If I find some energy tomorrow maybe we will all three get out together but I don't see that being the case. I can't get enough sleep!!! 
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 @kindbytealikat @zombiemom1318 Thanks ladies... the fires aren't close enough to be dangerous, just enough to be annoying. I have been treating it as a good excuse to not exercise :)
    @Dumbgurl04 Yum, I want to go try some weird food with your SIL! (Well, not right now, but normally I would.)
    @kindbytealikat Wow, busy weekend! How was the Farmer's Market?
    @zombiemom1318 Yay for napping!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig the FM was packed busy today. They actually had a booth set up in the front for ppl here for the eclipse to sign where they're from. Thailand, Vietnam and Japan stuck out to me. I bought what I went for watermelon and cinnamon swirl bread. The biscuit food truck was there to so I scored an amazing bacon, egg, cheese biscuit and an organic lemonade 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Random- I'm excited to see which mamas are going to be moms of multiples!! 
  • Options
    I have seen one person post so far that they have two in there!
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 Yes! That's the only one I believe is on our board so far! 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat Yum, biscuit and egg sandwich actually sounds good right now!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    Sounds like some fun weekend plans!  I'm making cauli-crust pizza for supper and packing up my kidlets to spend a week with my inlaws (little tradition before school starts). 
  • Options
    DH is getting some work done in the house so DS and I are sleeping over my moms house. We're having a good time so far. I'm super tired though. No energy! 
  • Options
    My nausea has finally caught up to me. I don't want to move from the couch. I'm so tired and everything makes me want to start puking, again!  :'( 
    The boys are on their own and have to get all help they need from Daddy.
  • Options
    We have family in town, and I am both exhausted and pouty about not drinking.  Today I had to stay at home and babysit all the kids while everyone else went out for a pub-crawl.  All my pouty boos.

Tomorrow we get up stupid-early to go north to a cabin for the eclipse.  I am stoked about it, but am worried about the drive.  Hopefully all the doomsday predictions about traffic won't come to fruition.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    lauranicole91lauranicole91 member
    edited August 2017
    My really good friend just found out a few days ago she's is pregnant with twins. I'm still in shock daily for her, like mini panic attacks; I couldn't imagine how I'd be reacting if it were actually me.  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    We have family in town, and I am both exhausted and pouty about not drinking.  Today I had to stay at home and babysit all the kids while everyone else went out for a pub-crawl.  All my pouty boos.

Tomorrow we get up stupid-early to go north to a cabin for the eclipse.  I am stoked about it, but am worried about the drive.  Hopefully all the doomsday predictions about traffic won't come to fruition.
    I'm feeling pouty about booze today too. The local cidery just opened today. Their ciders are amazing! We normally go to their fire pit Fridays during fall and enjoy drinks and fresh apple donuts. At least I can still endulge in the donut part, guess.   :/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lauranicole91 Mmmmmm, fresh apple donuts sound so good right now! I'm making apple coffee cake tomorrow with apples off one of our trees, but maybe next weekend I'll make donuts :)
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    edited August 2017
    hedgepig said:
    @lauranicole91 Mmmmmm, fresh apple donuts sound so good right now! I'm making apple coffee cake tomorrow with apples off one of our trees, but maybe next weekend I'll make donuts :)
    Soooo good! When I was pregnant with DS I had awwwwful morning sickness and was on medication that helped with the nausea but it also made me lose my appetite completely and nothing ever sounded appetizing. 
    One day I had a play date there with some friends and I smelled those donuts and I was so excited to WANT to eat something. I gave 1 to my DD and devoured the other 5 solo. So good!  :s
    Having your own apple tree sounds amazing. So many delicious possibilities!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stuck in box

@ngolimento going to a cabin sounds like so much fun! We don't really have winter or fall here in Texas and cabins always make me think of the changing leaves and then snow. Have fun! 

@hedgepig I would love to have an apple tree to just pick off of and then make yummy things with them. Sounds delicious! You should take pictures so we can drool over your coffee cake. :)
  • Options
    @maggiebakescakes glad your class went well
  • Options
    @allowachick thank you a lot.  I don't have very many classes I can take because of disabilities but I am glad to be able to go even for one class.  It is on Monday and Wednesday and Friday and they call it the exceptional program.  I learned to spell it fast because it is a great word.  What did you go to college and study a degree?  
  • Options
    @maggiebakescakes I got my first bachelor's in biblical studies w/ languages, but right now I'm back in school for pre-med. I'm hoping classes go well while pregnant, but right now I'm feeling so sick I'm not sure
  • Options
    Husband's Birthday is today so we celebrated by going to Costco lol  :D We actually just became members though so it was kind of fun. Went out to dinner at a nice restaurant to celebrate last night and just hanging out at home now. Cramps have been real uncomfortable today.  :| Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • Options
    Ok so I use the baby center app because I like the "My pregnancy today" feature and layout more then the one on TB. Well I was scrolling down the feed and this is one of the highlighted topics. 

Is this real life? Serious facepalm. 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 that people do it or that they get in trouble? 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 that people do it or that they get in trouble? 
    The fact this is even a topic in the first place! I was just reading the comments under the article and SO many people are trying to justify smoking pot during their pregnancies  :s I'm so disturbed 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 that is disturbing
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 I know right! I'm over here measuring out my cup of coffee in the morning (that I only have on the weekends) and feeling guilty about eating Chic-fil-a!
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited August 2017
    Oh Jesus, I can't handle hearing about people doing drugs while pregnant.  I'm over here dying of reflux because I refuse to take my Omeprazole, and it kills me that people who are so selfish are having kids.  If you can't give something up for 9 freaking months, you need membership to a rehab clinic, not a new crib.

ETA in case it isn't obvious, I am talking about drugs to "have fun" or be more comfortable, not stuff like heart medication.  Obviously if you need it to live, I'm not talking about you.
    BabyFetus Ticker