September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 8.14

How far along are you and how are you doing? 

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptoms 8.14

• 34+2 and still really struggling with emotions. Lots of stress and crying and of course my therapist is on vacation.

I've been woken up by a contraction in the middle of the night a few times. I have been trying to breathe through it, and have made my way to the bathroom to pee; then it stops. I think some of the pain is exacerbated by dehydration as I've been having a hard time staying hydrated. Is this normal? I see my dr on Weds and will mention it to her.
  • I think this is normal. It is for me at least. I know if I really need to pee at night that can cause them for me. Also being dehydrated. It seems to start sooner with each for me. Annoying for sure! If you have alot of them in a short time is when to be concerned. I personally would not be worried about one a night. I hope your doctor will make you feel better at your appt though! I have an appt Wednesday too. I'm almost 37 weeks and have been having lots of contractions and was dialated last week so interested to see if I have progressed more! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 35+6

Pressure down below

Peeing all the time

Can no longer sleep more than 5-6 hours a night due to leg cramps and just being uncomfortable.  Then I get up to pee and I'm wide awake. 

I have been been having on and off contractions for 3 weeks now. My midwife checked me today and she said I am still posterior, not dialated but may be thinning a little. That makes me happy. I want this babe to make it to at least 39 weeks. 
  • And yes if you have a full bladder or even if your bowels are backed up those can cause contractions. 
  • 34 weeks 3 days.

Much of the same! Wake up to sore legs, then have to pee and can't go back to sleep. If I sit for to long I get pelvic pain when I get up and walk. I am going to a concert tomorrow that has been planned since before I got pregnant. Can't wait to be the almost 9 month preggo dancing around. I took off Weds because I know I will suffer the next day.
  • @tfrangul @JustBored10 thanks, I was pretty sure it's normal. But as a FTM who hasn't finished childbirth clases just yet it's a little nerve wracking.
  • 35 weeks today. Just generally uncomfortable and huge but nothing really of note. It has been hard to sleep and I constantly have to pee, which is annoying.

• The last few days I've noticed the area of my belly button is numb because it's so flat and thin. I asked my OB about it and she said it is normal for areas to become numb and it will return to normal after delivery (she had numbness on the right side under her ribcage). I was seriously concerned something was wrong with my belly though! The uncomfortable part of pregnancy has hit and I am ready for a change....

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • 37.2.  sleeping becoming very difficult, for me and DH. I have to flip over every 2h or so and it is a big production each time, lol. 

Belly button also feels weird. Not numb but strange.

Pelvis and hips haven't stopped aching in a month or two. 

DH is being cute and noticing all of the babies in town and smiling. When he does this I get emotional and almost cry. 
  • Anyone else noticing hair loss?  I am shedding way more than normal.
  • @MrsVP614 Congrats on the upcoming induction. So exciting. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • 37+4
    "lightening crotch" lol I know it sounds funny but I swear it feels like lightening with the sharp pains that have been shooting down there the last couple of days. 
    I go to the doc to get checked today and find out how my measurements are... FX

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 34 weeks
    axid reflux keeps me up at night and almost cried last night due to being tired and not being able to sleep because of reflux. Getting a bath normally helps me relax and go back to sleep. Starting to have feet swelling and more back pain. 
    Getting close to the end ladies and I can't wait to see all the pics of everyone babies ❤️
  • Getting paranoid about the baby coming early for no particular reason. I am just having tons of pressure and BH on and off. I know what labor feels like, and I know this isn't it, but it's still freaking me out. I'm actually still sleeping pretty well besides having to wake up over and over to pee.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Best of luck to those of you being induced soon!!! Can't wait to see your beautiful babies!!!
  • 34+5. Hip and back pain for days. Just tightness and discomfort  in my pelvic area in general. 
    Lack of appetite which is unusual for me. 
  • I hate night time. I ate 3 hours prior to bedtime.. And I lay down and there's all this air inside my stomach that gets stuck and as much as I want to burp, I can't! So what ends up happening is reflux/throwing up .. And I have to get out of bed and walk.. sometimes a little bit of air will come out but it doesn't help! I literally was up for 3 hours dealing with trying to burp and throwing up food twice.. like what is this nonsense. Not even propping my head up helps. 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 same here except no throwing up coming close though
  • I'm awake all night too. For me, I'm insanely thirsty at night even though I drink so much water during the day... I try to not drink so much at night so that I'm not running to the bathroom every 2 minutes but I can't help it, I'm soooooo thirsty!
  • I have swelling in just my left foot. Anybody have that?
    other than that, the normal stuff. Lots of peeing and cramping. Heartburn and trouble sleeping. I feel like when I switch sides from being uncomfortable, I can feel him moving all around and being irritated I'm waking him up. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @iheartichi With DD, my right foot was HUGE and my left was only a tiny bit puffy. Dr. said it was because of where baby was sitting and not to worry about it. I'm not having near as much swelling this time around, but again, I am definitely having more in my right leg than left when I do. A lot of spider veins and puffy veins all down my leg on just my right side. So gross. Hoping it goes away after baby is here!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Sugargirl1019 and @bnmort8 I have that too! I find if I sit up for a minute and pat myself on the chest then some of the burps work their way out.

I'm 35+4 (one month today!) and DS has very generously brought home a nasty cold from daycare... I'm so stuffed up and super miserable. I guess the bright side is that it makes the pregnancy aches and pains seem a lot more tolerable?
  • @hatrats thanks! I think I'd rather if both sides were swelling, bc of course I googled it. But i do feel better knowing I'm not the only one! I sure hope we go back to normal! I didn't have any swelling with DS, but that was winter so I'm hoping the heat is causing this. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Every time baby gets hiccups I get them myself about 10 minutes later after his seem to have stopped! So strange but kinda cool we are both experiencing the same thing at the same time!
  • 37+6 today and I am officially over being pg. I sleep sitting up in a chair at night, and still do not sleep well. My back and hips hurt. I'm crabby. The OB sent me to triage on Monday after being told i was just about 6cm dilated and baby b's hr was staying elevated. Went to triage to check babies HRs= fine, just super active, sent me home a couple hours later. I thought monday was going to be it. L&D was super busy, so b/c I had mild contractions (and couldn't even feel them) they sent me home. Ugh. So disappointing.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• 37+6 today and I am officially over being pg. I sleep sitting up in a chair at night, and still do not sleep well. My back and hips hurt. I'm crabby. The OB sent me to triage on Monday after being told i was just about 6cm dilated and baby b's hr was staying elevated. Went to triage to check babies HRs= fine, just super active, sent me home a couple hours later. I thought monday was going to be it. L&D was super busy, so b/c I had mild contractions (and couldn't even feel them) they sent me home. Ugh. So disappointing.
    Just think, when you do go into labor you only have 4 cm to go!! I'm over being pregnant too. 37 weeks today. It's almost over. 
  • 37+5 and freaking out because I ate a microwave Tandoori Chicken frozen meal and one of the pieces tasted kinda weird. I know there is a 99% chance it was just freezer burn or something but I remembered the power was out for a little while yesterday and I am completely scared that I will get salmonella. We have a low-powered microwave so have to guess a bit on the timing so idk if it got hot enough. 

I got so scared I made myself throw up but I don't think I got it all. 

I know I am probably being irrational but if I did something to hurt the baby I couldn't forgive myself. I love him so much already and just want to protect him and feel like now there is nothing I can do. :-( :-( :-( 
  • 37+5 and freaking out because I ate a microwave Tandoori Chicken frozen meal and one of the pieces tasted kinda weird. I know there is a 99% chance it was just freezer burn or something but I remembered the power was out for a little while yesterday and I am completely scared that I will get salmonella. We have a low-powered microwave so have to guess a bit on the timing so idk if it got hot enough. 

I got so scared I made myself throw up but I don't think I got it all. 

I know I am probably being irrational but if I did something to hurt the baby I couldn't forgive myself. I love him so much already and just want to protect him and feel like now there is nothing I can do. :-( :-( :-( 
    I've had many a freak out in the last 8 months over eating things that seemed "off" and luckily they were all fine! I'm sure you will be just fine but I totally understand how you feel!
  • Thanks, @jenn622-2. I know I am being paranoid and probably hormonal but it is crazy and scary how many things can go wrong. Thanks for the support. 
  • @Knottie1469136344 if it makes you feel any better, I have had food poisoning twice during this pregnancy. First time I was treated at the er. Both times baby was totally unharmed.
  • 35wks today ~

Last week my midwife confirmed that bubs is head down and engaged level 1. However he is posterior, or back to back as she put it, so hopefully he spins around soon :) 

Symptoms: Major baby brain! My back is so sore and my tummy is sore. It hurts to sit 5mins, hurts to stand or walk 5mins. Can't get comfortable laying down now, even with my special pillow.  He always moves as if his hand or foot as if it's being squished by my side. My 20mth old has started screaming when I put him to bed and waking up every hour, so I'm not sleeping... Swollen ankles and fingers, though I'm well hydrated. My husband had to move away for his job so we can get health insurance to cover pregnancy so I'm all alone without a car or help! Just moved here so no family or friends support.  I'm freaking out every other day with false contractions as insurance doesn't kick in until one day before my due date!

Sorry for the bitch session... this time last pregnancy I had no symptoms, sleeping 10hrs a night and brisk walking up and down hills for 30mins a day!! 

I want this pregnancy to be over - but at the same time I want him to come only when he is ready /
  • @ailynk it sounds very stressful to not have your health insurance in place until due date! Hope the little guy hangs out in there for you until it kicks in!!

My biggest complaint right now is the itchiness. It just won't stop. My whole body is just soooo itchy. I've had 2 blood tests and my bile and LFTs and everything were fine so I'm not sure why I'm still so itchy! I've been eating a low fat, high soy diet and keeping my skin moisturized as my Dr suggested and nothing is helping. Am I allergic to this baby?!?!
  • @jenn622-2 is there a rash with it? Or just itchiness? 
  • @jessieR358 no rash, just itching!
  • jenn622-2 said:
    @jessieR358 no rash, just itching!
    That sounds awful! So sorry.