January 2018 Moms
Options

Nursery Ideas Thread

Share your ideas, inspiration and photos for your January babe's nursery!

Re: Nursery Ideas Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@gusgus14 Love it! I'd go with beige.

@EmilyLove25 I just LOL'd at "I highly suggest looking at it if you are an animal."

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @gusgus14 YES! If this one was a girl, I was for sure doing something with flamingos! Have you seen the Jellycat flamingo. DD has it and I am obsessed: 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options

I love this idea @EmilyLove25 - we are going with an ocean theme for the twins room so i'll have to see what animal options there are... !!

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 - I hadn't seen it. That's so cute! 
  • Options
    Loving these ideas! For rugs, check out Pottery Barn TEEN. They had a lot of cute options and I didn't think to look there first.
  • Options
    So cute ladies!!!

@gusgus14 I'd do the beige too to lighten up the navy!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @KatieEl - that's what I'm thinking!

@auntieraindrop I say go for it if that's the theme you want to do! I've bought several dinosaur/monster clothing items out of the boys section and we're having a girl haha
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop @gusgus14 anything is girly with a pop of pink/purple or a bow in her hair is my motto!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 one reason I like the dinosaurs idea is because I think it will last them a good few years, into school age, I would think. We don't have a ton of extra money, so if I don't have to redo the room for a while, so much the better. 
  • Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 - thanks, me too! It has so much storage and I love the line. There are more drawers inside the cabinets and it was $100 under what I budgeted! Also, love your travel theme and super love Rifle Paper Co anything. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 love that crib! Where is it from?

@emilylove25 such a cute flamingo! Love the feathers.
  • Options
    @britmanering73 OMG I need those book ends! Like yesterday. OMG MUST HAVE.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @libbberty Target! It's not the one we originally picked but once I decided on a wood toned dresser instead of white, I went on the hunt for a new one and I love this one. 
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    @Mudge85 we did an ocean theme for DS and loved it. I'll look up some old pictures and post the
     when I have time. 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    These are so cute! DD's room is navy, mint, gold and pink. We're hoping to move in Feb or March, and even then the kids will share a room so I haven't decided what to do yet for decor. But I'm loving all of your ideas! @gusgus14 the flamingos are amazing! I would definitely go with the beige glider, and a floral rug would go well with the crib sheet.
  • Options
    All the inspirations are so cute. I'm waiting till the AS to start planning.

Currently we have a black wooden crib and that's about it.
  • Options
    (I don't have time at the moment to find all the pictures, so I'll edit this later on or do another post when i can!)

For the dresser and cribs, we chose the Kendall line in white from Pottery Barn Kids. We're painting the walls a cool grey. We bought a dark-ish grey plush-like/(shag-like?) rug from Ikea, as well as a small round white rug to put under the rocking chair (since wood on wood isn't the best idea for upkeep/avoid scratches!)

The bedding is going to be nautical themed; the boy's will be light blue and navy, and the girl's will be pink and navy. We haven't gotten to thinking about accessories or wall decorations yet, but we will get there eventually... :smile:
  • Options
    @jakobaby love it! We almost got those curtains, too. Did you see they also have a changing pad cover that has a floral print on top and the gold polka dots on the bottom?
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I didn't see that! We need a new changing pad cover for sure!
  • Options
    I've changed my mind. I can't leave the bunnies and the hearts alone. Totally love the idea of removable wall paper too. Look at this inspo
    https://greenweddingshoes.com/a-pink-bunny-nursery-with-target-emily-henderson/

• Options
    @jakobaby omg that paper is so cute!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @cyanope no ideas right now, but that room is amazing!
  • Options
    @cyanope I agree that it doesn't seem overly girly. In fact I feel like it's already pretty gender neutral with a few minor exceptions here and there. I love it regardless!