Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of 8/07

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of 8/07

• I feel like this question may have been asked before but unfortunately "Wet CM" appears like a million times when I search:

So today I am having wet CM and FF is saying that I'm "most fertile" now with this classification. However my other signs point to no O just yet including CP and OPK. At what point is it really go time?
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 so it is totally not confusing at all...lol
  • @nimmle I try to HIO at least EOD when I have any fertile CM (wet or EW) and I try to keep at it until I have the temp spike and CH to confirm O. I get multiple days or wet or EW prior to O. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @doxiemoxie212 Went by the grocery store after lunch and they did have maple water. It's delicious! Thank you for the recommendation!

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard oh yay! I'm glad you like it!

FYI if you ever buy them in any kind of bulk, make sure you definitely keep them refrigerated at all times because they go rancid out of the fridge pretty easily, and do NOT taste good when that happens (....I have learned from experience). 
  • @fishsticks-n-custard...maple water does sound pretty good...

I love your screen name btw!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dukestar5dukestar5 member
    edited August 2017
     I have a question about alcohol & BBT...sorry to change the topic from soy!

Alcohol generally raises BBT, right?  I'm wondering to what degree it would raise it. If I were to have a glass or two of wine, how much would I expect BBT to rise due to the alcohol? Just 1/10 or so of a degree? Or more? I've been carefully temping at the same time each morning and I've not really wanted to drink for fear it might skew results, but we have an event that DH really wants to go to this weekend and I might like to have a glass of wine.  Just wondering to what degree it might affect BBT.  Thanks in advance!☺️

Eta: words
  • My main "issue" with drinking @dukestar5 is mostly just that is causes a sleep disruption, that seems to be what really messing with the BBT for me! Can't really speak to what it may do outside of that scenario.
  • @doxiemoxie212 Huh. The one I found was actually in the non-refrigerated juice aisle. 

• @JennyColada I bet sleep (after drinking) impacts it. @adirat. Yes I should play around with it to see! I did drink more last cycle because we were at the beach and made margaritas every night, plus some wine.  I think that's maybe why my temps were higher.  @doxiemoxie212. So true! When I did a quick online search before posting here, it really sounded like it varied a lot by person. For some, alcohol had no effect; for others, bbt would increase or decrease, so no real pattern.  And yes, so hard to limit it to just one drink!
  • @dukestar5 I also get insanely high temps after drinking, even if I don't drink much. In my case if I have more than 2 I will disregard the temp. But you just have to figure out how it affects you by trial and error lol. I don't drink if I'm close to O or until O is confirmed. Any other time is free game to experiment!
  • So, this is my first month charting. I'm still super confused on my temps and if I ever even ovulated. Advanced gives me CH whether I include my positive opk or not, but FAM doesn't give them at all. I'm not tracking CM this month and opks aren't 100% reliable for me either (PCOS). Any thoughts on my chart?
    Interesting fact: Went to sleep at midnight yesterday. I woke up at 3:30am so I temped and it was 96.79. Back up at 5:45 for work and temped 97.07. I figured since I woke up, Why not see the difference.
    Last night I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 1:30, temped at 97.79. Back up at 5:15 and temped at 97.47.
    Even my variations are weird.
  • @dukestar5 most people do say they see a spike but I've actually seen a dip in temps when I drink. And not like 1-2 drinks, that's usually not noticeable. But several drinks will dip my temp about .6* from the days before and after. So I agree with testing when it doesn't really matter. But at the same time, just have some drinks and enjoy it  ;) you should be able to see a shift either way!
  • @stlgirl62331. Try to set an early enough temp alarm and just stick with that all week.  Then you can go back to sleep the days you don't have to get up that early.
  • @stlgirl62331 also thermometer literally under the pillow does wonders 
  • Thanks! I've never been one to sleep through the night. I'll have to start temping around 3am and see if it works out. I did sleep soundly last night though and woke up to 97.71 which is high for me 
  • Noticed my chart didn't post....
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b3fa0
    Yeah, that's pretty rocky. Are you %100 sure the OPK was positive? I would say it's possible you still haven't ovulated.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/lalala2004">lalala2004</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/stlgirl62331">stlgirl62331</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Noticed my chart didn't post....
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b3fa0
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Yeah, that's pretty rocky. Are you %100 sure the OPK was positive? I would say it's possible you still haven't ovulated.</div>
    </blockquote>
    ^^^WSS
  • *lurking*

@adirat Have you tried Primal Kitchen mayo? They have a chipotle lime one that is awesome! They only recently started stocking it in the organic section of my grocery store, but you can get it online too. You could also try making your own, it is pretty easy. I've used the Whole30 recipe for making mayo, but I like to add a bit more ground mustard powder and lemon. To me it tastes like Hellman's mayo sort of.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I've been mostly lurking over the last week, as I'm benched and out of town with slow internet, but my chart is driving me crazy and I'm hoping for some help with it! Two days ago ff gave me crosshairs for cd 16, then yesterday it took them away again! Any ideas on why that happened? Looking at the chart, I do think I likely O'd on cd 16. The missing temps are due to alcohol (crazy high outlier on cd 9), ER visit that caused me to be awake all night (cd 14), and a 4am wake up time after a terrible night sleep (cd 18). I'm benched due to being on ibuprofen, valium, and oxycodone, so I'm hoping our timing for sex was indeed terrible. Any and all input is welcome! I will do my best to respond, when internet speeds permit.

• @lalala2004 yeah I'm sure it was positive. But, last month I got positives even with the digital and failed to ovulated. I was diagnosed with PCOS after that. That's what led me to decide to temp instead. If I take out the opk and don't use any other fertility signs, I get crosshairs on the Advanced setting, But not FAM. So I'm pretty confused... Its totally possible that I did just fail to ovulate. :(
  • @darkstar42. I definitely see a shift!  I'd say cd15 or 16 is a safe bet ;)
  • Actually now I lose my ch without the opk. So I guess I probably didn't ovulate again. Sigh 
  • Actually now I lose my ch without the opk. So I guess I probably didn't ovulate again. Sigh 
    I'm sorry. But you're not out until you're out. Keep HIO and maybe you'll see an ovulation shift this cycle after all. Do you have a history of long cycles?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Actually now it takes my ch away lol
  • Sorry didn't mean to post the last comment and it won't let me edit. Stupid mobile lol
    @lalala2004 my cycles were always regular until the last one and I guess this one. To put it simply, it sucks. I'm now benched until further notice. That's why I was praying I even ovulated. So frustrating 
  • Why are you benched now @stlgirl62331 ???  I feel like I must have missed something...
  • @BusinessWife I need to schedule an xray and possible surgery. Not life threatening but it does need to be addressed, and I just want to get it all out of the way now. 
  • Ladies, I have thoroughly enjoyed lurking lately, but now I need to dive in. I'm still new to charting and thoroughly pissed at it right now.

We focused all our energy on CD15 based on last months cycle, but then it looks like I O'ed on CD19. Fine, our timing is still good. But today, after two days of a spike and then a lower temp, FF is a huge jerk and moved my O date to CD24. I refuse to believe!!

I'll be the first to admit I'm bad at charting - my temping times are totally inconsistent because *TW* my DS either has me up at random hours or just ruins my sleep most nights *end TW*.

But even so - can someone please reassure me that it still looks like I'm 8dpo and not a mere 3 (therefore with no hope at all based on timing!)?!

end rant. I'm sorry. I really value all of your opinions!! 

• @Puddlewonderful Are you tracking any other signs like CM, CP or using OPKs?

• @fishsticks-n-custard I'm super new to it but trying to track CM. I'm pretty sure I saw some EW on days 16 and 18 but not positive enough to rely on it. Going to do OPKs next month because the ambiguity drives me nuts. 
  • @puddlewonderful if it is lubricative/slippery when you wipe front to back and/or clear, and ESPECIALLY if you finger touch the paper and it stretches, put E.  Any of those things
  • @Puddlewonderful NP!  Technically if it's clear but not stretchy, that's W, but FF treats E/W the same.  Fertile type cm.  conversely it also treats C and S the same if that makes it easier for you in the beginning.  So so if it is cloudy or creamy or if it really doesn't stretch much, maybe only a quarter inch or less but breaks, then you can put the C or the S and FF treats that the same way - as cloudy creamy sticky - it is all non fertile cm.
  • @Puddlewonderful merely based on O signs I do think you O'd on CD 19 because you had a sustained shift and I can see a difference above and below the coverline. I think the temp on CD 24 is just a dip that happens sometimes. This is solely based on your temps though.