January 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 8/8

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

Do you know baby's sex? Have you felt baby move yet?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?

Re: FTM Check-In 8/8

• Options
    Food: I think Id like to have an endless supply of filet mignon. I used to eat it three times a week, even fed my dog filet three times a week. Now its too damn expensive and I really miss it
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    17 weeks, 4 days

Had my blood draw for the quad screen and a quick BP and fetal HR check last week and everything went well! Got my results back over the weekend and everything came back normal. Also finally got cleared from my UTI back in May. Not an appointment, but we're scheduled to do a hospital tour tonight. I think I'm going to reschedule though because it's so gross and rainy out today and I'm recovering from a migraine not to mention it's still way early for a tour. 

Yep, we're having a girl! No movement yet. I'm getting impatient but I know it could still be a few weeks. 

Rants/Raves?
    I don't think I have anything to rant or rave about this week. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Nada.

This is so hard! My favorite food is crab cakes but I don't know if I'd want an endless supply. Maybe really good french fries? I've been craving fries lately so that might be influencing my choice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gusgus14 *lurking STM* Where are you delivering? I'm just curious - you don't have to share if you're not comfortable ;)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @missblaze - St Francis Eastside! It will be super convenient if I go into labor while at work because it's less than a 10 minute drive from my office.
  • Options
    @gusgus14 Sweet! I was going to deliver there, but had to change when I left my OB and went with midwives. I'm delivering at GMH now.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @missblaze - Nice! I didn't even realize there was a St. Francis campus over here (the only one I knew of was downtown) but the location is perfect for us. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    17 weeks, 3 days

Not until the 21st! Ugh. 

Sex: Won't know until the 21st - anatomy scan (or possibly even the 30th - next doc's visit). CAN'T WAIT.
    Movement: about a week or so ago I was convinced I was feeling baby. Felt like little random tiny gas pains in my lower abdomen. My mother said that's what it felt like for her. I discovered this first when driving and listening to Drake really loud, the baby seemed to enjoy it (or hate it). It's been awhile since I've felt the same feeling so maybe it was just gas? I dunno. 

Rants/Raves?
    Not really...just really want to know the baby's sex. So if this was a whine/advice prompt I would just whine about that. I don't know why this is soooooooo important to me. I thought pre-preggers that I would probably be on team green but as soon as we got the BFP it's kinda all I think about it. Must be my type A, over-planner personality coming out. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    How do you help your partner feel that he/she is part of this pregnancy? 
    Also, can we talk about this "making way" for organs B.S.? I felt like my whole upper abdomen was being squished yesterday. Stretching helped... I know it's only going to get worse, but holy moly! 

No brainer - tacos. 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Options
    @ollydolly it was really hard for DH to feel involved with my pregnancy with DD until he was able to feel her move. After that, he really liked talking to her or playing music and trying to get her to move for him. For now, he gets me my cravings and gives me back rubs  :D
  • Options
    @ollydolly MH has struggled too with feeling involved. I've tried to include him, by getting him to "celebrate" weekly milestones with me. AKA talk about how big baby this week, and the changes baby is going through. He actually really enjoys it, as he finds it interesting learning about new things like that. But tbh, I think he won't feel part of the pregnancy until he can feel baby move.

How far along are you? 18 weeks 5 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? None this week. Had my monthly check up last week. 

Do you know baby's sex? Have you felt baby move yet? Finding out the sex a week from today! <3 I think I've felt it move. It is like little bubbles of gas in my stomach. But it doesn't happen very often, so I'm not 100% convinced I'm actually feeling it move.   

Rants/Raves? Two of my coworkers are out this week leaving me with a ton of work, and not enough time to accomplish it all. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not this week. 

GTKY: If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Avocados. I love them but they tend to go bad real quick so I can't keep a lot on hand. 
  • Options
    Best part of this thread, by far. I'm with @darkrose88. Avocados or guacamole please.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks 6 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Anatomy scan on Monday!

Do you know baby's sex? Have you felt baby move yet? No and no, but I'm not feeling terribly impatient...yet

Rants/Raves? It's like someone flipped a switch. In the last 7 days the hormones have gone nuts, none of my clothes fit anymore and I've *got* to have my snoogle to sleep (much to DH's dismay - although he tolerates it like a champ). 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not that I can think of...I mean is it normal to have so little questions so far into the pregnancy? 

GTKY: If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Peaches - fresh from the orchard or farm store not this picked green so it ships well stuff found in Walmart. I even have my own preferred variety...
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker