TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Check-In Week of 8/7

13»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 8/7

• Options
    @justsuzie- I have been regularly been checking our rescue groups around us.  I like to actually visit the puppies and see what they are like before I purchase.  I'm hoping one of the leads emails me back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Yah, we made a blind adoption.  I asked for a calm puppy and got the craziest dog ever!  So maybe we should have done what you are doing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today is the anniversary of our first loss. Sad day
  • Options
    @Mack2342 sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what you're feeling, in dreading that day
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @Mack2342 So sorry for the sad day. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 sorry for the sad day.
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry @Mack2342 - I dread that day more than my edd
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  It was very sad day for me. My mom, my aunt and my niece happened to be in town so that was nice and an added distraction.  My mom was very comforting she has also had a loss so she totally understands.  Different sadness for me than EDD. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I'm sorry for your sad day. I'm glad to hear you had people you love around you.
  • Options
    Yes it was good they were here.  MY DH had spent the day with a friend that was out of town.  So today he asked if I had a good weekend and I said for the most part. He asked what was the bad.  I'm like really do I need to remind you.  He says well I know but I want to make sure it wasn't anything else.   Really?!  He just doesn't get it 
  • Options
    sorry the DH doesn't get it@Mack2342 - men just don't get it sometimes.  I use to cry a lot in the beginning and DH was always trying to come up with ways to fix it.  I had to tell him to stop and just listen.

• Options
    @vlagrl29. Usually DH is pretty good. I'm not sure if it because he forgot or what
  • Options
    @Mack2342 glad you had a good day despite the sad anniversary. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake Exact same feelings here.

I had 5 friends (some close, some really acquaintances) give birth the week of my mc, then 2 the week after. One good friend was on the day my mc was confirmed. Three of them are in my local moms group that I see multiple times a week. None of them know about my mc, but it is going to be so hard to see them once they're back. One friend accidentally got pregnant with both her kids and complained about this second pregnancy the whole time. I was jealous her whole pregnancy because I wanted it so bad, then when I do get pg I have a mc. It's not fair.
  • Options
    @justsuzie that's great! And probably much needed!  
  • Options
    That's great @justsuzie - how random is that!
  • Options
    @justsuzie That is so neat about meeting that woman!  I love that, and I hope it brings you both a lot of support...having "real life" friends that understand is so awesome.
  • Options
    @justsuzie it is always so nice to talk to people who get it!
  • Options

justsuzie RPL people tend to bond easily over their losses when/if they start talking about it! I’ve made several ‘instant’ friends over it. It’s really nice to have these connections, although sad that we need to. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @Mack2342 I'm sorry about the sad day, but it's good that you had your family there this weekend. I had my D&C on a Friday and my mom and sister were in town visiting me that weekend, and it was really great to have them there as a distraction and support. Ironically, we were going to tell them that weekend that I was pregnant, but after the obvious turn of events, that didn't happen. All the thoughts and hugs coming your way!