Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In: Week of August 7th

Good afternoon PGAL mommies! Sorry for posting this so late. I was out and about since early this morning and just got home. Hope you're hanging in there. This summer is FLYING by. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and Have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (I'm having cravings for sweets lol)

Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of August 7th

• Options
    nmd9168nmd9168 member
    edited August 2017
    How far along are you? 14 weeks, 1 day (Hello 2nd trimester!)

How big is baby? A lemon again, I guess? Pretty much 3.5 inches. On my Ovia app, it say the size of a troll doll lol. I loved trolls when I was little, so I'm gonna go with that. 

Appointments coming up? August 28th Prenatal Check-up

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically, still sleepy, but otherwise pretty good. Emotionally, anxious as always. Now I've gotta worry about my mom and mother in law having a WWE smackdown over the baby shower. They're already disagreeing on stuff and I just told my MIL we're expecting 2 weeks ago. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm looking forward to being able to feel the baby move and also finding out the baby's gender in September. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: (I've always got something to complain about) With the way that my mom and MIL are acting already about this stupid shower, I'd rather just go buy all of the stuff for baby myself. Crap like this was the reason why my husband and I had a wedding with 20 people. 

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (I'm having cravings for sweets lol)
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE. I'm also a big fan of donuts. lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7w 2d (and some change)

How big is baby? The size of a die!

Appointments coming up? None til the end of August.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically, I'm withering away. The volume on morning sickness has been steadily increasing. I just got prescribed Diclegis and I can't wait to take it tonight. I'm having a very difficult time functioning. TMI...At this moment I am attemping to puke and poop.

NO MORE ALL-DAY SICKNESS!!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant - People (read my mom) who ask am I ready to go when I am dying trying to puke! Leave me alone! I'm pregnant trying to survive here...no empathy at all.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (I'm having cravings for sweets lol) The thought of sweets right now makes me gag so I can't tell you...catch me in a few weeks.

:( 
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks tomorrow

How big is baby? The size of a lime

Appointments coming up? Had one today.  Baby was moving, good heart rate.  I had to see the nurse practitioner--and she mentioned a "bleed".  Freaked me out because my dr has never mentioned it.  After asking questions and following up with a nurse on the phone later--the nurse said it's been there the entire time, it's small and nothing to worry about, it should be absorbed by my body.  Buuuuuttttt---obvi, it makes me nervous. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Uhh, mixed emotions.  The baby was moving and everything in the ultrasound looks great.  I wish the nurse practitioner hadn't said anything about the blood spot in my ute. Ugh. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? 2 weeks---getting another ultrasound.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Anyone else have this happen?  It sounds like a SCH--but the nurse never said that?

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? I love brownies and ice cream.  Not together--but those are my two fav sweets!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    18w4d
    How big is baby? 
    The size of an artichoke or croissant.
    Appointments coming up? 
    Monday the 14th. Anatomy scan and MFM appointment to find out if the baby will have OI.
    I'm anxious. In a good way and in the nervous way. I'm hopeful that it won't be a repeat of last time, but scared of the "what if".
    One week from today - that anatomy scan and MFM appt.
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I know it's protocol to not offer more frequent ultrasounds because of insurance or whatnot. But I lost a baby at 21 weeks and I'm a mess over not feeling movement. I realize I'm probably overreacting, but waiting 8 weeks between appointments and not being able to hear a heartbeat for that long is nerve wracking!!
    GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? 
    Anything chocolate/peanut butter
  • Options
    How far along are you? Almost 39 weeks

How big is baby? 7lbs 8 oz... bigger than my previous 2 when they were born.
  • Options
    As usually, my bump acct isn't posting right. Will have to re-write. This is @KyCade3013
  • Options
    @magnolia305, yes. I have a SCH that was identified at the 5w or so Mark. At 7 weeks, my doc said it was still there and "stable." Said it might be reabsorbed by body, might cause bleeding, or might cause preterm labor (not extreme). These were all mights.
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ishmoney Sorry about all of the MS. =( Hopefully, it means good things for LO. At this point, eat what you can (even if it's just bread or ice cream) and take your prenatal vitamins. It should go away fairly soon. Mine was gone by like 11 weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nmd9168, I hope so! I started taking Diclegis last night. I'm trying to eat whatever I can. I had McDonald's last night for the first time in like 10 or 12 years! Yum/yuck!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nmd9168 sorry about your mother and MIL on planning your baby shower.  Hopefully things will work out!  It is exciting when you start to feel baby move.  I started feeling baby move this week-- it feels like tiny bubbles popping or that ticklish sensation from a drop on a roller coaster.  It's all very slight and only when I'm lying down or sitting still.

@ishmoney I hope the Diclegis helps you!  I had to take that as well because I had terrible nausea and vommiting.  I ended up losing weight during my first trimester and only now I'm starting to enjoy foods again. My MS didn't subside until about 16 weeks or so.

@magnolia305 I'd be nervous too.  I'd get (and still do) get worried about everything little thing.  To keep myself sane, I try my best to trust my doctors.  My family practitioner said that if I stress too much, my body releases stress hormones and that can get passed on to baby.  If my doctors seemed fine with whatever issue I had (i.e., I spotted early on and I had a few cramps off and on), I tried to not worry so much about it. 

@mmegoodman I hope your anatomy scan goes well!  I had mine today.  I still get nervous and worried too.  I just found out that I have an anterior placenta so it's a little tricky in feeling baby's movements.  I do feel them sometimes but not as often as I'd like.  What's helping me in between appointments is my fetal doppler.  It allows me to listen to baby's heartbeat whenever I get anxious --it really helps me feel at ease and not worry so much.

How far along are you? 
    19 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? A mango! Baby is in the 67% percentile for his size :)

Appointments coming up? I just had my anatomy scan today!  I was extremely nervous going in, praying for a healthy baby.  Baby looked great and we found out that we're having a BOY!!!  My husband is ecstatic.  I'm eager to start buying baby boy things!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Everything is bittersweet at the moment.  This week, my husband and I would have welcomed our first baby, but I had an MS in January.  I'm mourning the baby that I lost and at the same time I'm so happy and thankful for my healthy baby boy!  I've been having mixed emotions the entire day, going from being extremely excited about my little boy and then in tears thinking that I would have been having my first baby this week --it's tough.  I'm just glad to have this good news to keep me afloat.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to entering my third trimester!  Short-term wise, I'm happy for each week that passes by.  Seeing success stories on our board gives me hope and it makes me more and more excited to welcome my little bundle of joy.

Rants/Raves/Questions: For weeks my parents and inlaws have been bugging me and my husband about when we'll find out about the gender.  In addition to that, they keep asking about potential baby names and throwing in their suggestions.  While I know they mean well, it's just plain annoying.  I was happy to let them know we're having a boy this morning --but their lists of potential baby names and their opinion of names, drives me crazy.  My husband and I do have a name in mind, but for now, we wan to keep that to ourselves.  The last time we had a potential list going around, our parents had their own comments and opinions of what we wanted and it just ruined the experience for us.  They weren't too thrilled about our name choices and to be honest, we're not thrilled at all with their name suggestions either.  They had their chance to name their children, I just wish, they'd let us breathe and pick our own freakin' baby name.  --Rant over.  I just had to let that one out because it's been bugging me for awhile.  I'm not sure how to tell them nicely to leave it be and that we'll tell them our baby's name when we're ready.  They tend to get really sensitive.  :/

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (I'm having cravings for sweets lol) Since I'm starting to like food again, I have been craving more sweets lately.  It started off with acai bowls and rice krispies treats.  Now, I want chocolate lava cake! 
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • Options
    nmd9168nmd9168 member
    edited August 2017
    @laurenjt808 That is very exciting news! Congrats on finding out it's a baby boy =D. Mixed emotions are a-okay as this week would be rough either way. As far as the baby names go, I get the frustrations. I've been asked a few times already and I'm only 14 weeks. We're still trying to figure out what names we want, and when you tell people that, they decide that's an invitation for their opinions. I just try to block them out because they're usually terrible suggestions anyway. Although, my husband's best friend keeps trying to "buy the rights to name a baby boy" (if we have a boy). Of course he is joking because he has suggested Balthazar and Star Lord. I'm okay with those types of opinions. lol 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    5 weeks tomorrow.

How big is baby? Sesame seed

Appointments coming up? Not until the end of the month :(.

Pretty up and down, so I guess unstable.  I just found some spotting and my temp dipped this morning, so I'm freaking out.  Thankfully I did a pee stick and got a strong strong line, and I know I tend to bleed while pregnant due to a pissy cervix.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Hearing the HB

Rants/Raves/Questions:. I'm really feeling irritated by how damn hard we have to work for some damn privacy.  Everyone always has their nose in my vagina, watching me like a hawk to see if I am KU.  It's stressful, and when I MC, it makes me feel like a giant failure to everyone.  I really wish we could wait until the end of first tri to announce, like last time.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (I'm having cravings for sweets lol). Yes.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry- my stupid profile is broken