September 2017 Moms

Keep feeling the milk letdown feeling- still have 5 weeks left

This is my second baby so I know what the milk letdown feeling feels like and I am feeling it all the time now. Will ask my OB about it next week but wondering if any of you second or third time moms feel this? I will be psyched if this means breastfeeding will be easier this time. I struggled so much with first LO to produce enough and am hoping not to have that issue this time, hopefully my body is more prepared this time! 

Re: Keep feeling the milk letdown feeling- still have 5 weeks left

• JustBored10JustBored10 member
    edited August 2017
    *Removed for TOU Violation*

@mc123mc I hope this is a good sign for you!  I also had trouble producing milk with my first due to a  removal of 3 different lumps from my breast when I was younger. So far I have felt nothing except pain and burning sensations here and there.  Keep us updated!
  • Loading the player...
  • mc123mc said:
    This is my second baby so I know what the milk letdown feeling feels like and I am feeling it all the time now. Will ask my OB about it next week but wondering if any of you second or third time moms feel this? I will be psyched if this means breastfeeding will be easier this time. I struggled so much with first LO to produce enough and am hoping not to have that issue this time, hopefully my body is more prepared this time! 

Seeing that you do not produce milk until after a few days PP I don't think this is a sign either way. Your breasts may be producing colostrum, but that isn't a sign of how easy it will or will not be. I hope it is easier for you tho. 
  • @labby18
    Dont you dare tell her what her breasts are or aren't doing, she KNOWS she's producing milk okay?!?! Because science.

• What is this shit on @wyomama0427 day or what? I personally have missed you. But to answer your question, I'm still nursing my toddler and he doesn't get milk just colostrum. Like said you don't produce milk until after baby comes. My milk basically disappeared when I was 5/6 months. 
  • labby18labby18 member
    edited August 2017
    @wyomama0427 lol

Of course her breasts must be doing whatever she thinks they are, how dare I suggest differently, forgive me. 
  • What is the "milk letdown" feeling? 
  • What is the "milk letdown" feeling? 
    It's a super tingly feeling when you letdown, it's very strange. 
  • I have felt the letdown feeling a couple times and was actually worried I was leaking, but I wasn't. I didn't have any issues BF with my first, but I have no idea if I felt letdown when I was pregnant with him. 
  • lilpootslilpoots member
    edited August 2017
    Ladies, colostrum is a form of milk. Anywho. I was just thinking about asking the board if we should start a breastfeeding support thread. I know some of the moms here are still breastfeeding and some of the moms here have had their colostrum come in early. Now is a fairly regular time for colostrum production to begin.

Oh and some of the moms who have had their babies are bf right now.
  • @lilpoots I think that's a great idea. Breastfeeding is so awesome for some and so sucky for others. Regardless of which camp we end up in, I think we could all use all the support we can get.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @lilpoots I think that's a great idea. Breastfeeding is so awesome for some and so sucky for others. Regardless of which camp we end up in, I think we could all use all the support we can get.
    I'm totally team feed your baby. I just know how hard it is, especially in this country, to get breastfeeding support. 
  • @lilpoots I like that idea! Some FTMs may have general questions we can help with pre-birth and then it will definitely be nice to have once all our LOs arrive!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • On the June 2016 board we had a breastfeeding support thread. It was among the most active threads throughout the first year.very helpful to many folks.