February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions...better late than never

I saw this thread on other BMBs and thought it's a good idea; sometimes questions in the ticker change threads get lost, or aren't seen by everyone. So this is a thread for everyone to post their questions in a central place. Any questions?

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Questions...better late than never

• Options
    Are these questions for everyone to answer, like gtky, or pregnancy related questions? I confuse easily. 
  • Options

Lol @lainikins I think it's pregnancy related questions but I love your honesty 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will be honest, I much prefer questions in their own thread. When there are multiple questions being asked in one thread, I find it hard to keep track of who asked what, who to answer, and when people tag people to answer then, what the question even was. I end up not really following these threads as well. I would rather be able to scan down the thread topics and see what the questions are. I can also see if someone has the same question as me instead of asking it for the 35th time, but they were buried is different threads. This could just be me and the fact that I confuse easily, but just putting my opinion out there. 
  • Options
    eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited August 2017
    @lainikins LOL pregnancy-related stuff! And yes, for anyone to answer.

ETA I get it your concern, but I worry the board would get clogged up with random questions, and drive-bys or newbies would post the same question as in a previous thread because some don't bother to read through old stuff. My thought is to make it a weekly thread so it doesn't become massive, and I wouldn't be angry if someone asked a question that had been asked a few weeks before. I'm also all for board consensus, so if others agree with individual threads that's fine.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    In my experience posts like this become massive with several unrelated side convos, no one actually gets a decent answer and still makes their own thread to actually get an answer.
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    In my experience posts like this become massive with several unrelated side convos, no one actually gets a decent answer and still makes their own thread to actually get an answer.
    I will add--there are a few people who never quote or tag whoever they are answering/talking to.  Like, when someone just writes. "yeah, I agree!!"  Who are you even talking to??  Tagging people is easy.   

In saying that...I sorta like when threads take on a life of their own, though.  Spices things up.  I say, lets see where this goes! 
  • Options
    Here's a question that's not worth its own thread- will I have to buy new shoes? How bad is that foot swelling really? As Feb. mamas obviously flip flops and sandals will be out of the question (at least here in Chicago). 
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    Here's a question that's not worth its own thread- will I have to buy new shoes? How bad is that foot swelling really? As Feb. mamas obviously flip flops and sandals will be out of the question (at least here in Chicago). 
    Mine haven't in my previous pregnancies. 
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie, this is why I quote everything when I respond. Not because I like to qfp everything, but simply out of pure mobile bumping laziness. Tagging random screen names via mobile increases he chances I tag the wrong person. 

This thread may not get too crazy long since our group appears for the moment to be on the smaller less active side. 
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    By halfway through a lot of my cute shoes were too tight: wedges and peep toe booties, but flats and sneakers were fine.
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    My feet grew half a size my last pregnancy and never went back.  I just ordered a pair of Tieks and I really hope the same thing doesn't happen.  

@meatball37 When I mobile bump, I quote everything.  I sometimes screw up tagging people on my computer, too!  So many people with similar names!
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    Ahhh I did not even think about this! Mine did swell, but I just flip flopped it with a July baby. I did not even try my shoes to see if they were too tight. My guess is they would have been. Here in New England, I am going to need my feet to fit into boots and my boots are already on the tight side. 
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    My feet grew half a size my last pregnancy and never went back.  I just ordered a pair of Tieks and I really hope the same thing doesn't happen. 
    Oh no! New question then: If they grow, can I have my feet shaved back down to my original size after pregnancy? I have so many shoes....
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    mblomq2 said:
    I was pregnant in summer last time, and swelled a lot. I picked a few shoes I didn't care to ruin and wore those. They stretched as I swelled. When I lost all the water weight, I had to toss them. :( I should find a picture of my swollen pregnant feet for you guys. It shocks me even still. 
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    Oh no! New question then: If they grow, can I have my feet shaved back down to my original size after pregnancy? I have so many shoes....
    I know, it was awful.  I am still restocking some of my shoes...
  • Options
    babymakes9babymakes9 member
    edited August 2017
    mblomq2 said:
    My feet have always remained the same.  I think its just the luck of the draw if your feet swell up or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @mblomq2 I typically wear flip flops, lol but I'm in Texas and year round isn't unheard of. That being said, my feet did swell with each of my pregnancies. My first by far was the worst and it was with a girl. I'm not sure if it was bc it was my first and I wasn't as active or if it was bc it was a girl. All my boys weren't nearly as bad on me swelling wise. Another girl this time so we'll see. The cold weather may actually help keep the swelling down. Mine was always worse when it was hot!
  • Options
    @mblomq2 I had an end of January baby last time and had minimal swelling. Wore my same shoes the whole time, never experienced going up a size. This time, I already feel puffy. Not my legs necessarily but just puffy. That probably doesn't make sense but I'm definitely puffy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    julievdm12julievdm12 member
    edited August 2017
    mblomq2 said:
    I never did. 

ETA I've had 2 April babies and I live in Ontario, Canada so I only know cold, winter pregnancy. 
  • Options
    mblomq2 said:
    I didn't have to buy new shoes, but after I had dd I had to throw all the ones I was wearing out- I had massive pelvic instability and on one side mu shoes were more worn that they other! And from memory there were some shoes that weren't wide enough, but mine never changed in length! So the sort answer is- everyone is different and you won't know until it happens to you!  :D
  • Options
    My feet blew up like balloons both times. As of now I'm just planning to buy a cheap pair of boots and flats. Hopefully I won't need to :/. I'm wondering if the heat of the summer made it worse. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     Question: Anyone else's doctor give them a weird food breakdown? I asked my doctor today if I could have protein shakes and was told no,  that to much protein was bad for pregnancy.  Then he said i need to eat the following breakdown: 50% carbs,  40% fats,  10% protein.  Does this sound right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
       @mamaof5already  50% carbs? Wtf? I know that the fetus takes proteins and convert it to help with growth. Like I don't know the exact science behind it but they need protein. good carbs offer energy but 50% of carbs is really a lot. Like everything is ether a carb, fat, or protein. If your intake is mainly fat and crabs, not only will you put on extra weight but the extra carbs will convert to sugars that will store in your body. That seems off. When I was watching my weight with DS I had 10% healthy fat, 30% good/slow carbs and 60% protein. DS came out fine and I lost 30lbs during my pregnancy and had an extremely healthy pregnancy 
  • Options
     Question: Anyone else's doctor give them a weird food breakdown? I asked my doctor today if I could have protein shakes and was told no,  that to much protein was bad for pregnancy.  Then he said i need to eat the following breakdown: 50% carbs,  40% fats,  10% protein.  Does this sound right?
    My doctor has not said that before. She wants me to take my prenatal and eat decently. :/ 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already - Just 10%!? It's pretty necessary for fetal growth, especially the brain. There are numerous studies that cover the effects of protein restriction during pregnancy. I usually stay between 15-20%. When my NP asked about my diet, I told her I eat a version of paleo and track my macros. She gave me the thumbs up and even mentioned the amount of protein is a great range. (80-100g)
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @mamaof5already my doctors general info sheet is similar : 60% carbs (good ones obvs), 25% fat, and 15% protein. Thats the generic guidelines, but in person he just said eat what i can keep down and eat as healthily as I can, and drink loooots of water. I havent gained anything so far, so hopefully I stay on track and have a healthy weight gain and pregnancy.
  • Options
    Hey everyone I have a question, is anyone else breaking out like crazy?! Sorry if someone else has mentioned this. I'm 13 weeks today and some days I feel like it's going away and then the next morning I wake up and I'm just acne galore. And today it's just the worst it's ever been, it really plays with my confidence because I never really broke out before pregnancy 
    Any tips? Suggestions?  :(

• Options
    hr1116 said:
    Hey everyone I have a question, is anyone else breaking out like crazy?! Sorry if someone else has mentioned this. I'm 13 weeks today and some days I feel like it's going away and then the next morning I wake up and I'm just acne galore. And today it's just the worst it's ever been, it really plays with my confidence because I never really broke out before pregnancy 

Yeah my face is doing the same. Some days all cleared up, other days it reminds me of early teenage years. From what I've read it is all due to hormones. Best treatment is same as what it was as a teenager. Wash your face daily or 2 x if you have a mild cleanser, try to avoid touching your face with your hands, and use minimal makeup when you can. Nothing is really helping, just hoping it passes as I head into 2nd trimester. 
  • Options
    No clue on if it is right or not, but if it is then I am totally winning! Love carbs, love fats, protein (mostly meet) makes me want to gag. Living on Mac and cheese seems to fit this diet well. 
  • Options
    @mamaof5already I read at least 70g of protein a day is recommended. Sadly, I'm falling way behind that because the thought of chicken and eggs makes me ill. I'm hoping to feel better in second tri and that it won't be too late by then!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I found out a couple years ago that my insurance plan covers visits with a nutritionist.  It's one of those things I would never have thought about being covered... I don't know how common that is, but it is worth looking into.  Anyway, I am going to ask my Dr. for names of nutritionists who specialize in prenatal nutrition at my next visit.
  • Options
       @mamaof5already  50% carbs? Wtf? I know that the fetus takes proteins and convert it to help with growth. Like I don't know the exact science behind it but they need protein. good carbs offer energy but 50% of carbs is really a lot. Like everything is ether a carb, fat, or protein. If your intake is mainly fat and crabs, not only will you put on extra weight but the extra carbs will convert to sugars that will store in your body. That seems off. When I was watching my weight with DS I had 10% healthy fat, 30% good/slow carbs and 60% protein. DS came out fine and I lost 30lbs during my pregnancy and had an extremely healthy pregnancy 
     that is like the complete opposite of what my doctor said! He said to much protein was bad for pregnancy, and baby needed fats to grow.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    @mamaof5already my doctors general info sheet is similar : 60% carbs (good ones obvs), 25% fat, and 15% protein. Thats the generic guidelines, but in person he just said eat what i can keep down and eat as healthily as I can, and drink loooots of water. I havent gained anything so far, so hopefully I stay on track and have a healthy weight gain and pregnancy.
    I haven't gained anything so far yet either.  But they say that's fibs for first trimester. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hr1116 said:

My face looks awful. Worse than ever in my life before. 
  • Options
    hr1116 said:

My face looks awful. Worse than ever in my life before.

*stuck in quote box* 

Out of all my symptoms, THIS has been the toughest to "hide." Plus, if I don't wear make-up to work I'd catch so many side-eyes and "are you sick?"
  • Options
    I've never done a good job of taking care of my skin. I've also never had super bad breakouts (non pregnancy), but right around the time I got pregnant I started making sure to wash and exfoliate my face daily (or as often as I could). I bought this olay exfoliator brush and regenerist cream and my face hasn't hardly broken out at all. Even with the cream sometimes leaving a little bit of residue I rarely breakout when all of my other pregnancies I got breakouts pretty bad. 
  • Options
    My face looks like it did when I was 13 and not in a good way.  And the bags under my eyes are horrible.  It doesn't seem to matter that I wash my face and take off my makeup as soon as I get home.  If I don't wear makeup my acne is better but coworkers ask if I'm okay.  
  • Options
    Is anyone already having hip and pelvic pain?  I developed SPD third tri with my first, second tri with number 2 and I'm already feeling like the front of my pelvis is going to split apart.  I ordered a new hip brace that should be here tomorrow.  Anyone have any other tips?   

• Options
    hr1116 said:

I'm not breaking out a ton, but way more than usual. My skin is very oily though. I take a shower every morning and now I take one at night also because I just feel so icky at the end of the day. 

I use cetaphil and a wash cloth morning and evening. I take my make-up off as soon as I get home and it helps a bit.
  • Options
    hms1219 said:
    Is anyone already having hip and pelvic pain?  I developed SPD third tri with my first, second tri with number 2 and I'm already feeling like the front of my pelvis is going to split apart.  I ordered a new hip brace that should be here tomorrow.  Anyone have any other tips?   

Yesssss me tooooooo! I also had pelvic separation in my first pregnancy, I think carrying DD is bringing it on earlier this time around! I'm so shattered. It's already so sore, I'm not looking forward to once I start gaining more weight. I've been going to the gym, but I think it honestly makes it worse. I've no advice, there isn't much that can be done, gosh it sucks!