March 2018 Moms

Randoms - Week of July 31

Re: Randoms - Week of July 31

• Guys...it's my birthday month  :D:D
    Mine too :D I need to go to Starbucks for my birthday month drink.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @becausescience My daughter has Down syndrome so she qualifies for OT, PT, DT, and speech pretty much just based on diagnosis. Your child's pediatrician can put in a referral for an OT evaluation if you think he/she needs it. I would start there! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kiki75 I don't feel pregnant either, although I'm really sick. It still hasn't even sunk in yet that we will have another baby. Just feels like a dream still. I think once I start showing it will feel more real 
  • @justkeeptrying samesies!!!! And yep... Definitely celebrate all month  :D
  • gh515gh515 member
    edited August 2017
    @vaewelch I am with you completely. <3 I hope any anxiety you're feeling about that encounter ebbs quickly; it's not like you need anything else on your plate!
  • @becausescience we had her evaluated for both at once because she wasn't meeting milestones such as crawling or rolling (PT), and she refuses all solid food and won't hold her bottle (OT).

the PT is working wonders, but I haven't noticed any OT improvement yet unfort. She's actually gong for a swallow study on thurs to see if that has anything to do with it. She will only eat purees. Any solid food and she gags and throws up (and she's almost 10 months).
  • I'm CERTAIN of my conception day, but have no real idea on the first day of my last period and therefor I'm not 100% on how far I am. I know my dr. is stuck on going by the period date, but I also believe they'll give me an ultrasound at the first appointment so that should clear it up. I'm hoping I'm as far as I think I am because so far I'm feeling way better than I did with my first two and hoping I get to by-pass the morning sickness. I always said morning sickness was the worst part and I wouldn't mind being pregnant again if I could just skip that.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • @MrsBalletStar05 If you know your conception (I'm assuming actually ovulation not conception?) just add two weeks for how far along you are. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @vaewelch like other PPs have said, I don't feel much besides very ill as well. Additionally, *TW I think due to PGAL brain I am sort of actively remaining detached* Many women take a long time to feel attached, even after baby is born and that is completely normal.  I think your friend is a TW and they know nothing (Jon Snow)....sorry too much GOT talk lately ha

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Thanks everyone.  I think part of the reason is she has been trying to conceive for months now. I was talking to DH last night, and we think it might be jealousy.  She has kinda withdrawn from us since she found out.  I'm just going to give her space for now. Like you all said,I don't need more stress than I already have.
  • vaewelch said:
    I don't know if this belongs under randoms, but I don't know where else to put it.  Had a friend ask me if I was feeling maternal yet (I'm 8 weeks), and I said no.  She thought that was odd.  Now I can't stop worrying if there is anything wrong with me.  I've been miserable wise this entire pregnancy (it's my first), and now I'm worried I won't be a fit mother.
    You'll be fine! It's not odd at all. I don't think what your friend said was appropriate. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't really feel very maternal until well after my daughter was born, and I turned out to do momming just fine. :)
  • @antoto, you're totally right. Context makes a big difference.
  • WTF baby names board. I ask for suggestions and I swear they made up names. The women on there are cray.
  • gh515 said:
    My DH and I agreed to get a puppy and put down a deposit a week before we found out I was pregnant (I just went off the pill in late May and never got a period in June, so assumed it was going to take me a while to ovulate/get pregnant). Puppy comes home in 3 weeks. Now I'm very excited for baby and puppy, but am admittedly overwhelmed at all the life changes... I also left a 7 year career in teaching for the business world in June. Head spinning. But PUPPY.

Oooh, congrats on the puppy! We just brought home 2 puppies, the week before we found out we were expecting. Aaahhhh! My thought is that they're preparing me for random late-night/early morning wake ups :neutral::neutral: yeah that. Thanks pups! 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I've caved today and bought the snoogle and an at home doppler. I'm so weak to my cravings and shopping demands at this point, anything to keep me distracted from how yucky I'm feeling.

• Oooh, congrats on the puppy! We just brought home 2 puppies, the week before we found out we were expecting. Aaahhhh! My thought is that they're preparing me for random late-night/early morning wake ups :neutral::neutral: yeah that. Thanks pups! 
    Ahh, TWO puppies! That's awesome! And good for them to have a playmate around all day. I've read having companion dogs can make training them/keeping them healthy easier... though certainly not if you have two pups to clean up and care for on top of kids! (; How fun either way! <3 
  • @mdfarmchick It brings a smile to my face to imagine your DS and pup "growing up" together. So sweet. And impressive to reign yourself in on getting another... I feel any animal lover could be quick to adopt a zoo if in the right mood. 
  • @bb3vj3n I don't think anybody started it this week.  Go for it!
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • I read the sticky note with board organization, bit wondering if it's posted anywhere who is in charge of starting the different daily threads?
  • Guys. Thanks for letting me lurk on a previously closed thread. Made me feel like I was back in July16. 
  • @hullabalou woah woah...what's this free drink at starbucks thing in your birth month? Also my birth month and love free anything!
  • @kalawa I was wrong, you can only use it on your actual birthday I think. I thought it was good any day of the month :( But you just download the starbucks app and it should give you the reminder a few days before your birthday.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hullabalou Perfect! Haha my birthday is this week...I am taking advantage of this. 
  • @hullabalou thanks for the tip! Definitely taking advantage too!
  • I'm not sure I understood the mess about the FB group on that awful "modesty" thread.  Anyone care to break it down?
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• antoto said:
    Ugh all the loss threads right now are making my heart so heavy.   :(
    I'm just now seeing them.  It's definitely the hardest part of being in a community like this.  
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***