Babies on the Brain

Help!

I had unprotected sex after missing 2 birth control pills then missed a 3rd that night I had sex. A few hours after the sex I noticed I was bleeding- withdrawal from birth control I assume. Does this mean I'm not pregnant or won't conceive?

Re: Help!

• kelsea212 said:
    I had unprotected sex after missing 2 birth control pills then missed a 3rd that night I had sex. A few hours after the sex I noticed I was bleeding- withdrawal from birth control I assume. Does this mean I'm not pregnant or won't conceive?
    Take a test in 10-12 days and then you'll know.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• kelsea212 said:
    Does this mean I'm not pregnant or won't conceive?
    We cannot tell if you are or are not pregnant, only your medical professionals can confirm a pregnancy or diagnose issues.
  • Loading the player...
  • The short answer is: no, it doesn't mean that.

The long answer is: I would highly recommend looking into getting a Plan B emergency protection pill if you wish to not get pregnant. You can get these for free from Planned Parenthood in your area (and they are good for up to 2 years, so I frequently kept a pack in my medicine cabinet just-in-case). In the future, you may want to look into a more reliable form of birth control so that you don't have to go through this stress again (maybe an IUD, patch, or shot, alternatively condoms are a great resource if you are ever concerned about the effectiveness of your chosen BC method).

It is possible to bleed and still be pregnant (either through random spotting or through implantation bleeding). Birth control pills do try to halt ovulation and tend to thin your uterine lining, but especially after missing so many pills in a row it is certainly not foolproof.

A pregnancy test is the only surefire way to know if you are pregnant or not, as signs and symptoms can vary woman-to-woman and even pregnancy-to-pregnancy.

• At this point, there's no way to know if you're pregnant or not. If you were in your Fertility window and missed 3 pills in a row, then it's possible. As a pp mentioned, you'll have to wait 10-14 days to be able to get an accurate reading on a pregnancy test. 

I'm also going to second what @jennycolada said about finding another BC method. There are several different types that don't require you to take a daily pill. If you don't want to get pregnant but forget to take pills, you might want to talk to your doctor about these alternatives.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and/or ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"