August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 7/24

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments 7/24

• Options
    Ultrasound today showed a 6 lb 10 ozer at 39 weeks. Because everything is proportional and blood flow is good, it just means she is petite. No cervical check since OB is OOT. Still on for induction in 7 days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @JDBtwinmama!! I'm intrigued to see how the birth weight matches up! 
  • Options
    Good luck, @JDBtwinmama !!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    That's so exciting, @JDBtwinmama! Best of luck!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    Exciting!!! @JDBtwinmama!! I hope tonight goes smoothly! Good luck!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama good luck, prayers sent out your way.
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    @JDBtwinmama have a safe and easy delivery!
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!   Apparently my doc didn't tell the hospital I was coming, so this could be a while
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama best of luck! Can't wait to read your birth story and hear how everything goes. I'm being induced on Sunday so I'm right behind ya!
  • Options
    Warm wishes, @JDBtwinmama!! And @tova24, I'm in the same boat -38 week appt today and was barely 1cm and still at -3.....he's taking his sweet time!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had my endocrinologist appt. this morning to check out my thyroid levels one last time before delivery. Everything there looked great. Since I haven't been there since before my glucose screening, she asked about that and I mentioned that I failed the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour. She immediately started going off that they need to provide me a test kit and that I need to start monitoring my blood sugar throughout the day, blah bah. I was stunned because I thought the whole point of passing the 3 hour means that you don't have gestational diabetes. If that wasn't the case, then everyone who fails the 1 hour, would automatically need to be monitored. I pushed back because this is exactly the opposite of what my OB told me and what I've heard from all of the other people I know that have failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour. Then she started making me feel terrible that I am putting myself and my baby at risk because I could still be glucose intolerant and she started listing all of the issues that could result. Now I'm just really upset and plan to talk to my OB at my appt on Tuesday. Way to make a super pregnant lady stress out over this! 
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 I wouldn't be worried about GD. If you passed the 3 hour test, you should be fine. Even if your numbers for the four blood draws were borderline, I'm sure your OB would have said something. If your OB would want you to follow the GD diet and all, join us over on the GD thread and we'll all be happy to help
  • Options
    I have a hx of GD and my OB wasn't worried when I passed the 3 hour. In fact, an Endo here in my city won't even see you if you pass the 3 hour because that means you do not have GD! Yes, maybe watching what you eat and eating in moderation is helpful once failing 1 hour but don't even stress about it! @mrsjqg1024
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 I wouldn't worry about it.  I failed 1 blood draw with the 3 hour both with this pregnancy and with DS2.  Failing 2 blood draws is GD and failing 1 is glucose/carbohydrate intolerance.  I do have to follow the same diet as someone with GD and I test my blood sugar 4x per day, but that's because the GTT showed that I obviously have some issue processing sugar during pregnancy.  I've been able to control my numbers both times through diet and it never developed into GD.  DS2 was born at an average size and this baby is measuring even smaller than him.  

Since you passed, I would assume you're fine, but if you're really concerned, you can just follow a lower carb diet for the rest of your pregnancy.  Basically, each meal and snack should have a good balance of carbs and protein and you should eat every 2-3 hours to maintain your sugar levels.  I'd speak to your OB before doing anything though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @megaroo82 @brookedeyo @MetsGirl18  Thanks ladies for talking me off a ledge. I guess it was more that she was making me feel like I was making a bad choice for my child when my OBGYN is not concerned at all. I am going to chat with my OB on Tuesday and see what she recommends. If she thinks checking my glucose throughout the day couldn't hurt, then I'll do that. I just don't understand going through the pain of taking the 3 hour test if the Endo doesn't even look at that. And also, this would be a total non-issue if I wasn't already going there for my thyroid. Geesh--only 4 more weeks either way!!

• Options
    @mrsjqg1024 I'm so sorry your endo laid into you that hard about your failed GD test.

I also thought the whole point of having both a one hour and three hour test was to help determine if you really have gestational diabetes. If just failing the one hour was a concrete indication of GD then we'd have a lot more women on the boards with the diagnosis! Do you remember what your 1 hr number was? Was it borderline or high? As others mentioned, if you're concerned then look at loosely following the recommended diet for the remainder of your pregnancy. Or at least cutting out excess sugars that aren't balanced well with fat and protein. It's honestly only a half terrible diet ;)

I'd take some deep breathes and try to relax until you can talk to your OB about the conversation. If your OB isn't too concerned, I wouldn't be either at this point. Maybe an additional u/s would be in order to help you gauge the growth/size of the baby.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @Mango517 My 1 hour was 158 so I didn't fail by that much. And all of my numbers for the 3 hour were well within the range. I do have a 36 week ultrasound also scheduled for Tuesday, right before I see the doctor, so hopefully that will also tell us if baby looks real big. I agree though, if just failing the 1 hour was an indication of GD, then why have women also take the 3 hour? I do love my desserts but could try to cut back at least for the remainder of pregnancy. It's only 4 more weeks so hopefully everything will turn out fine! 

• Options
    Had my appointment this afternoon and they are not going to put me on bed rest just going to let me progress on my own. If I dialte to a 5 cm like my last two they will go ahead and send me over without hestiation since my labor were fast the last two times. So good news. He is definitely ready just waiting on him to say when. Just praying I can at least make it to 37 weeks. 
  • Options
    37 week appointment today. Fundal height was still low and smaller than last week but the dr said it was probably just a difference in how her and the last doc measured or that baby has dropped lower. Ultrasound still showed 30th percentile so at least we're maintaining and estimated weight at 6lb 2oz and after feeling my stomach said baby has likely dropped lower. I'm glad she didn't offer a cervical check because the last one gave me cramping for a few days.