Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing Check In Week of 7/24

Re: IF Treatment and Testing Check In Week of 7/24

• @beachbunnyxo123 yay!! If I were in your shoes, I would have wanted to find another clinic as well. I hope you are super impressed on Monday and feel good about moving forward with them! 

@KariAnn323 we're supposed to get the results in 3-5 days! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Loading the player...
  • @BertieMeetsGertie I hope so too!! Hope that you get YH results soon and that they come back great!!! 

@50Wife so sorry that can definitely be a lot to all take in that's for sure. What is your med plan this cycle are you just talking about the trigger shot for the IUI or are you doing injectables? If just a trigger I'd be surprised that they talked about needles usually the hcg shot comes ready to go 
  • Does anyone here have experience with Metformin and want to share?
  • @aurora1973 So sorry girl.  It doesn't matter how many day 1's we have.. they always suck.  Let yourself cry today. 
  • @aurora1973 Sorry for CD1, it sucks no matter what. Hugs, and as @Redpuma119 said, let yourself cry today <3
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Does anyone here have experience with Metformin and want to share?
    My recommendation is to make sure you are on the extended release and that you don't start with the full dose right away. Eating carbs will make your stomach pain worse but eventually that all went away. I was only ever on extended release but I've heard the non ER format can cause a lot more digestive issues. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I'm sorry, friend.  BFNs just suck balls.  Yep, our plan is: second verse, same as the first.  The only question is whether I will have another IUI and one at home insemination or if we will do two at home inseminations because we'll be traveling.  I'm hoping to get a referral from my midwife for someone in my hometown to do it, should I O while we're there (which is looking likely).  What about you?  Another IUI?
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• adiratadirat member
    50Wife said:
    (stuck in box)

I am also terrified of giving myself injections...the re nurse told me people get used to it after a couple times but I don't see how that can possibly be true. 

• @adirat No advice on the hysteroscopy, but I'm excited for you and this next step! 

@beachbunnyxo123  I'm sorry about the BFN :neutral: Hugs
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @beary67 Thank you! I'll make sure to ask for the ER!
  • @RVAmom315 that sounds like a great plan!

@Aurora1973 so sorry for AF :(
  • @beary67 Thank you! I'll make sure to ask for the ER!
    A few more things I thought of--I always took my Metformin with dinner and that helped.  I also took a total of 1500mg (extended release).  To ease into it, I would take 750mg for one full week and then after a week I added in the other 750mg pill to get my 1500mg total.  I did have some digestive issues the first week or so but got adjusted quickly!  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @adirat were your tubes blocked?  My HSG was pretty bad cramps as they got me set up - like I couldn't believe how quickly I went from 0 to bad cramps - I get my period cramps in my thighs and that's exactly where they were with the HSG.

But with the hysteroscopy I was fine during, but probably about an hour later is when I started to get decent stomach cramps.  When are you having that done? Do you have it scheduled? Maybe take some tylenol right before or after to help with any cramps you might get.

Yea they should definitely be able to tell you right then and there. My Re had like an old old looking TV connected to the camera so he could see it.  I couldn't see the TV - you're literally laid so far back and then your legs are in the way so you can't see anything that's going on (if you'd even want to see up in there...)
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @beachbunnyxo123 they said it's going to be novarel
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Oh, I think I read where you said that later.  That is so awesome that you have the consult so soon!  FX AF waits long enough for you to be at CD3!!!
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Thanks so much for the love, @TravelingCouple and @purplg8r <3

• @Hollyyyyy At my last appointment, my RE said that I could try metformin and see if anything improved.  I posted about this a while back, but I don't have PCOS, but PCOM. I'm not overweight.  I have high AMH and too many follicles on each ovary. Also, my prolactin is high so I just started meds a few weeks ago for that.  Also, AF is super regular. So it's a shit show over here.  My RE wanted to get started on the cabergoline prior to throwing any other meds into the mix.  I was fine for a few doses, but it has started kicking my ass.  Hence why I wanted to feel out how other peoples experiences were before I added something else in. It makes me nervous but I am ready to get the show on the road.
  • @Redpuma119 Ahhhh. So not to sound like an idiot, but what is PCOM? I have PCOS and am kinda all over the map too...high AMH, irregular cycles, NIR and not overweight. We still haven't done an u/s to see if I have the "string of pearls" cysts on my ovaries. We will do that when I start Femara (now next cycle...hopefully :'( )

I hope if you try the Metformin, that it does work for you. I was pretty concerned about diarrhea and nausea, but really didn't have any issues. I think the ER does help, and then taking it with a healthy meal. Good luck!!
  • @Hollyyyyy Don't feel like an idiot! I hadn't heard about it either.  It's polycystic ovarian morphology. So some of the symptoms of PCOS are there, but I don't have the syndrome.  I still don't know if I understand it fully.  I didn't have the string of pearls, but I had around 15 on each, which the dr didn't like.  And thanks for the info on metformin.  I was hoping I could just take it at night and sleep through it!!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) IUI with clomid and ovidrel 

How are things going? Moderately patiently waiting. I imagined these 2 weeks would fly by since I'm fairly busy but here we are not even a week and the 

Any questions? Anyone using natural resources like pineapple/vegetarian diet to assist?

GTKY: What languages do you speak? Any that you wish you spoke? English and a little French and even less Portuguese. Wish I spoke more French since my husband and MIL speak it well.