March 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/20

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/20

• Options
    All you people talking about lunch meat and listeria.. I guess I'm a bad person because I bought some salami and it tasted like heaven. I couldn't help it and I don't regret it. 
  • Options
    babyequals8babyequals8 member
    edited August 2017
    Yumm the watermelon with Lime sounds good.  I've been craving avocado toast and chedder cheese dipped in coffee.  Boiled eggs are a no no I can't even look at them 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@becausescience a deep fried PBJ? Hmm that sounds very interesting!

I finally had red meat for the first time in almost two months last night. Steak tips with sautéed mushrooms and onion. It was delightful!

• Options
    @crossfitbabybump It was pretty similar to a grilled PBJ. (Like a grilled cheese but PBJ instead of cheese.) Sooo good.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    That sounds amazing right now! *drool*
  • Options
    Canned ravioli. Omg, baby. Really?
  • Options
    @becausescience Fair food FTW! Your fair sounds like it has a lot more options, though!

@barrelocarol I thought I was the only person in existence who felt that way about alcohol aside from my hubby. I just don't like the taste. And I can definitely do without the hangovers.  ;)
  • Options
    I just had a grilled cheese with tomato soup, and after a week of not being able to get through a single meal, it gave me new life!  I also followed that up with a slice of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I have a feeling the fall flavors are going to be a big hit this pregnancy. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Options
    Mac N Cheese sounds soooo good!! But not that cheap crap, the real stuff. LIQUID GOLD!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dont judge but I hate the taste of alcohol. I never developed a taste and my taste buds just can't handle it. But, i found butterscotch candies from.Trader Joes that taste like rubbing alcohol and they are delicious right now! 
    My first pregnancy I loved the smell of cigarettes, and would dream of smoking and would wake up with this huge amount of guilt that I picked up smoking while pregnant...I didn't I just kept dreaming it.

• Options
    @barrelocarol @chasingroygbiv I've lived in 2 wine growing regions so become kind of a snob and love wine, but liquor and beer both taste disgusting to me. Even "good beer".

@LivingTheDream I used to smoke cigarettes but quit years ago and the smell still makes me drool. I'm not worried about picking it up again, but it bothers me how much I still want one! I have dreams where I'm smoking ALL THE TIME. 
  • Options
    I just tried making my grocery list on an empty stomach... I should have waited until after lunch. Now nothing sounds good but I'm starving! Hurry up, 1 PM!!!!
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying sorry! lol try it though, it's good! Although I'm past the pasta craving now. This weekend it was toaster strudels!
    I haven't bought toaster strudels in years, but I just bought them this weekend! They have been amazing!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @hollyk224 I kid you not, I ate two boxes in a span of two days. No shame, either.
  • Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited August 2017
    @vflux33 @chasingroygbiv @LiveNLove44 Ugh, yes! Which is why I'm wondering what's the deal with me wanting things that taste like rubbing alcohol. Except actual alcohol sounds gross...

Edited, forgot a tagee
  • Options
    I've been snacking on stale lifesavers gummies and oh my lord y'all. They're so much better when they're a little old and stale (I know it sounds gross) than when they're fresh. 
  • Options
    Daily necessities for me are cottage cheese (must have for breakfast to keep nausea at bay so I can get to work) and salt & vinegar chips. And pickles! 
  • Options
    I just re-fell in love with this avocado dressing! I could eat it all over zucchini noodles and grilled chicken all. day. long.
    • 4 garlic cloves, halved
    • 1 lemon, juiced
    • 5 T. extra virgin olive oil
    • 2 medium avocados, quartered
    • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
    • 1 t. kosher salt
    • ½ t. black pepper
    • 2 medium zucchini, cut in half, and spiralized
    • 2 pints grape tomatoes, or mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved lengthwise
    • 2 ears of fresh corn, grilled, and corn kernels removed, or ½ large can of sweet corn, drained
    • ½ cup - 1 cup goat cheese crumbles (pasteurized)
    It's super rich and creamy, and the pasteurized soft cheese is amazing.
    This sounds amazing. Do you just blend it all together?
  • Options
    LiveNLove44LiveNLove44 member
    edited August 2017
    @skppks s yep! I use my food processor, and I blend avocado, oil, lemon, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. It's great on a lot of stuff! I cook up some zucchini noodles and then reheat some chicken from another meal (or grill new chicken), top it with the goat cheese, tomatoes, and corn, and mix it all together. It's SO good!!

ETA fix tag
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh man. After nothing sounded good and water is becoming a struggle, I had a lemon shakeup. It was PERFECT. A little lemon, some ice, and just enough sugar. 
  • Options
    @jerseygirl9090 my last pregnancy I avoided it bc there was an outbreak of Listeria that year so I was nervous, but my doc says it's ok so I have been eating it this time.  I can't avoid everything!!! But ohhhhh how I miss brie cheese, I don't know how I'll make it 9 months
    Brie and hummus are no-nos now? This is getting ridiculous. I'm the worst pregnant lady ever. I probably eat a ton of stuff I'm not supposed to. I'm tired of "them" trying to put pregnant women in a bubble.
    Late to the party... more like I'm tired of companies and their piss poor food handling. A huge part of the time this stuff comes from them and staff cutting corners to either save some money on labor or be lazy. That's how it got in ice cream, hummus, cut cantaloupe, etc. Just do the right thing! Sure, most people can fight off a little listeria, E. coli, etc. no biggie but there is a portion of the population that can't and it's your job to protect them. 

On the soft cheese front, I asked OB yesterday about it. She went to school with a listeria expert so she's more cautious than most. She said maybe the occasional pasteurized mozzarella is okay (and maybe occasional baked Brie because it's heated) but she's against any spreadable cheese, even if it's pasteurized. She also said Mexican cheeses like queso fresco are definitely out.  :(

bb3vj3n said:
    currently munching down a poutine and a Coca cola... not healthy But so satisfying
    I did not know that poutine is referred to as "a poutine" I thought it wouldn't have the "a" in front of it like "currently munching down some teriyaki". Thanks for the inadvertent poutine language lesson. :smile:

@sarahhedger7 I would just be careful about the source and slicing and stuff. I mean, part of the issue with salami and other ground meats is that everything has been exposed (unlike a steak where the middle hasn't been in contact with anything) which is why (for non pregnant people) a medium rare steak is no problem but they do recommend well done burgers. But, if I were going to do salami, I'd get high quality, whole, and then slice it myself or have the deli slice it and only get what I would eat that day. Part of the problem is when it's sliced and then packaged, if slicing exposed it to listeria, it has an opportunity to grow and multiply while it's sitting in there, kwim? But if you slice it yourself, you know your knife was clean and it goes straight in your mouth, so even if there were a few on there, there isn't that opportunity for proliferation. My intention is only to let you know how to minimize risk. Not to make you feel like you shouldn't or like you're getting side-eye. I hope that came across. :)

AFM, I had hot wings last night because they sounded so good and then a mini Blizzard.

Except that's a lie. It sounded so good. And tasted so good. Then I felt like crap all night. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Feeling guilty for having Italian pasta salad for lunch today. I microwaved it first but it has 
    tricolor rotini 
    salami 
    pepperoni 
    tomatoes 
    peppers 
    and Italian salad dressing.

but it was so yummy though  :p
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    I am thinking a taco salad for lunch and a low carb homemade pizza for dinner. Not sure about snacks just yet.... I am REALLY craving the low carb fat head pizza. I cant wait!!!
  • Options
    In and Out for lunch
  • Options
    sweet and sour skittles!
  • Options
    I find myself in a weird situation. Not really that nauseous, but I'm hungry without an appetite. Like, I know I want food and my stomach is growling but NOTHING sounds good. I'm living on PB&J right now. I force myself to eat real food too and my stomach thanks me afterwards but I'm just not used to feeling this way. I've always been the type to know exactly what I want to eat. 
  • Options
    @kiki75 Yeah, slicing it personally is a great suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. It's just hard not having an appetite because when I actually do crave something (like salami) it just makes me want it that much more. 
  • Options
    Apple cinnamon cheerios for breakfast, pizza for lunch, & KFC for dinner!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @HappyMonkey817 I've been regularly eating a ton of fruit and a ton of bagels. I imagine them fighting it out in my stomach, but the bagels always win. :confounded:
  • Options
    @sarahhedger7 Oh, I feel you. I'm in a lot the same situation as you. I'm not nauseous or throwing up, I'm just not hungry. Nothing sounds good. Things don't taste good. And when I do eat, I just feel kind of cruddy afterwards. My OB's office did end up telling me that even though I'm not really nauseous, to go ahead and try 50mg B6 morning and night and then to add the Unisom if I was still feeling off. It's worth a try and can't really hurt. :)

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    With the help of Diclegis, small omelet today, yogurt cup, sour cream and onion chips, a frozen waffle soon, and not sure for dinner. Tryna get anything in me to gain weight back.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    guys ... Im caving and sending DH to get me a cold cut sub. it's the only thing I want to eat.  I'm struggling with the guilt right now. but I want it so so so bad
  • Options
    ishmoney said:
    With the help of Diclegis, small omelet today, yogurt cup, sour cream and onion chips, a frozen waffle soon, and not sure for dinner. Tryna get anything in me to gain weight back.
    Hooray for progress!
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n Do you have a Blimpie's or Jersey Mike's? I've heard those are better because they slice the meat fresh. :)

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    Thanks, @HappyMonkey817! It's been a trying 3 weeks!!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bb3vj3n said:
    guys ... Im caving and sending DH to get me a cold cut sub. it's the only thing I want to eat.  I'm struggling with the guilt right now. but I want it so so so bad
    @bb3vj3n I did the same thing like 3 times last month. Get it from a reputable, well established place, and you should be good.