Making the announcement!

Re: Making the announcement!

• Options
  • Options
    @djones6607, thanks! I love it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    orbmaker said:
    Any nurses out there? I work in the Emergency Department and I keep wanting to just come out with the news to make avoiding potentially unsafe situations less awkward (already told a handful of people when I was like, "uh, no, cannot go in that room with the chicken pox kid..."). That said, I'm only 7 wks+change and don't have my first doctor's appt til 8/22. 

I'm also just a TERRIBLE liar and keep inadvertently outing myself to friends by not drinking at all in social situations (we just love those campari spritzers all summer...). But I'm with a few above who think that if a loss were to happen, we'd rather grieve with the support of loved ones than alone in secret.

For that reason, we told our closest friends and immediate family not long after the first positive test(s... I took like 35 of them). 

I was fantasizing yesterday about a pregnancy announcement along the lines of "Our president's not the only reason I've been feeling nauseated these past few months..." :P
    You should notify your coworkers at least. That way if you get a chemo/radiation patient or such they know not to assign them to you. 
  • Options
    @orbmaker I usually tell my director early because of needing a second radiology badge for the baby. Then everyone finds out when you wear the lead jacket and skirt. I'm mostly on outpatient right now, so I haven't had to wear that. Only my supervisor knows. If I worked on the floor I would tell my supervisor pretty quickly too.   
  • Options
    @orbmaker I tell my department quickly bc I am exposed to a lot of stuff being a RT.  It's not ideal, but it has come in handy when protecting the baby.  In our department, we try to absorb some of the workload for pregnant women so they are exposed to less radiation and infectious diseases.
  • Options
    @djones6607 lurking from Feb bec, did you use an app for the rainbow? That's beautiful 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• Options
    @alemarie1 my husband used photoshop.... I'm sure there has to be some app that has a rainbow sticker that could work as well though!! 
  • Options
    kitandcat  We're big Cubs fans in my family. Cubs theme is a great idea! I'll have to come up with something for my mom, especially. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm not at all sure why... but I'm really really nervous to tell my parents. Just my parents - no issue with anyone else. 

They will be so happy - I have no doubts about this.  I have zero clue where this anxiety is coming from.  I told them last year when we *TW* miscarried so they are aware we've been trying. 

I don't know - I can't think of a way to do it that feels right. 
  • Options
    I'm doing something simple. Getting my mom a picture frame that says "I love Nana" with the ultrasound picture in it. Easy, inexpensive, and cute. :)
  • Options
    @maureenbioni I can totally understand that. I'm so glad you were able to overcome your difficulties in sharing the news.

I think where we are slightly different is that - I'm not worried they will be disappointed or that they will react poorly - I am positive this news will be met with total joy.  Despite this - I'm so so nervous to say something. it's ridiculous really....

• Options
    @maureenbioni I'll look into that.  sounds interesting.  thx
  • Options
    bb3vj3n said:
    @maureenbioni I can totally understand that. I'm so glad you were able to overcome your difficulties in sharing the news.

I think where we are slightly different is that - I'm not worried they will be disappointed or that they will react poorly - I am positive this news will be met with total joy.  Despite this - I'm so so nervous to say something. it's ridiculous really....

I was really nervous, too, with absolutely no reason for it. I'm 37, married, and this is my second child. I knew my mom would be overjoyed, but I was still shaking and nervous to tell her. It's so strange! 

I was terrified to tell my parents! I'm 34 and this is baby 3, but my mom has made comments about how she didn't want me to have 3 kids (even though she did), and I was worried she would make comments about how close together my babies were. Luckily she was excited!
  • Options
    @JamieK1882 my ILs were worried about us having three because they are all about making the right choices financially (first) and personally (second). If I was that worried about it, we wouldn't have had any kids because kids are expensive. I'm in it for the love and cuddles :smile: I'm glad to hear your mom was excited despite your apprehension!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Livenlove44 yes I agree! I've never heard someone say they regret having kids, only the regret of not having them
  • Options
    Still haven't told anyone.. even our kids. Clock is ticking with the kids. Mama's belly is just starting to get a little "chunky." 13+2. I keep thinking ok.. today's the day! And then I panic. Soon. Seriously. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 Good luck! 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    @maureenbioni I love SMNTY! I remember that episode, and similar feelings went into us telling people really early. (Well, that and my BIL's wedding on the west coast, and I knew the whole family would be questioning why I wasn't drinking over the 6 day trip.) I/we definitely felt like there's so much stigma and silence around loss, and we wanted as much support as we could get if something happened. I still haven't made an "official" announcement to coworkers and social media, but it's great knowing our close friends and family are praying/sending good energy/there in any way if we need it.

• Options
    @crossfitbabybump that is so sweet! I love it
  • Options
    @LiveNLove44 - AHHH!!! So cute!!! Love it! :D