March 2018 Moms

Making the announcement!

I have been so anxious to announce this pregnancy to my family, but want to do it in a fun way. Thought about getting a shirt that says sister on it for DD to wear and just have her wear it next time we are with family without saying anything to anyone and seeing how long it takes for someone to notice. Has anyone else announced yet? Or have any fun ways to go about it? I'd love to hear ideas! I can't decide if I should wait till the end of this trimester.. but it's so hard keeping it from my mom! Especially since I'm so bloated I feel like I look 16weeks!

Re: Making the announcement!

• Maybe just tell your family first and friends and everyone else after the first trimester? Check out Pinterest, they have TONS of cute ideas for spilling the beans! I couldn't contain myself, so my parents knew something was up, lol. But make it something personable that maybe has to do with something your mom likes? Maybe if she likes wine, give her a bottle of wine with a note saying something like, "drink a glass for me, I can't until March 2018." Or I saw this one with a cute baby onsie that says, "Shall I call you Nana or Grandma? You better decide before March 2018!"
  • Loading the player...
  • @tennislove30 We're going to do the "shoes announcement," too, except just with the kids' shoes and their respective years (2006, 2007, 2012, 2018) :smile:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hadn't even thought about holiday cards! Kind of excited to stalk Pinterest for that now. I'm a little over 5 weeks and we aren't planning to tell for awhile just because DS's first birthday is this week and his party is next weekend, and I want this time to be all about him. Plus I'm not ready to deal with all the family hype yet of me being pregnant again and wanting to talk about it 24/7. I kind of like having a secret with DH :)
  • @runnergirl2015 another 3 boy mama!! IM surprised by how many of us there are here! How old are yours? Mine are 6, 4.5, 2. @EricaD777  (I hope that's the right Erica d) does too, and I think there's were a couple others I saw. I don't feel like it's that common to have a bunch of us!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Love that @antoto

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• pghctwife said:
    @runnergirl2015 another 3 boy mama!! IM surprised by how many of us there are here! How old are yours? Mine are 6, 4.5, 2. @EricaD777  (I hope that's the right Erica d) does too, and I think there's were a couple others I saw. I don't feel like it's that common to have a bunch of us!
    8, 5, and 2; so really close to yours! 
  • MLD912MLD912 member
    We Facetimed with my parents last night and said DD wanted to show them her new shirt, which said "Big Sister" - it took a minute for them to get it :) DH is more of the social media person, so he'll probably announce later, definitely after first ultrasound, maybe later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We bought DD a shirt from target that says "I'm the new big sister" and we FaceTime all of our family. It took a long time for most of them to notice, and some we even had to point it out. I'm gonna compile all the videos into one, and post that, the ultrasound, and our family photos where DD will be wearing a nicer big sister shirt for FB. Photos are on the 2nd, and ultrasound is next week so anytime after that, we are good to announce. 
  • We had our 2.5-year-old wear a "big sister" shirt. It was a hit.
  • We will probably tell parents after the 6 week scan, and other family around 12 weeks, sending out the picture of the 12 week ultrasound. For friends/the public, last time we announced after we found out the sex, so I think we'll do that again this time. I'd like to do it around Halloween, with a picture of DS dressed up in a costume and me next to him with my bump "dressed up" in a corresponding "costume," like Batman & Robin (or Batman & Batgirl, depending on sex), or pilot & copilot, and think of a clever caption like "sidekick arriving march 2018."  I'm not sure of the details yet since it'll depend on what we decide for DS's costume, but if it looks weird with the bump dressed up and then I'll just do a plain black tee.
  • My friend, who is really good at photography, is coming to DD's first birthday party next month. I've already asked her to take some family photos. We plan to put DD in a shirt I bought a couple weeks ago that says "only child status expiring soon." We'll take a family photo of her in that shirt and announce on FB that she has a secret she'd like to share along with the pic. I haven't decided if we'll announce around 14 weeks or wait until viability like we did last time.

For our parents we just put DD in the shirt and no one ever got it until we pointed it out. We'll probably tell extended family either at DD's party or a few weeks later.
  • We've already told our family with a shirt that says "promoted to big brother". We had to point the shirt out to everyone. We've told our closest friends. Last time, we waited until 18 weeks to announce on social media (we actually announced on March 9 last year, which is when I think my due date may be, so pretty cool) with DS and we'll probably do something similar this time. We'll probably start to slowly tell friends as we see them around the beginning of the 2nd trimester.
  • pghctwife said:
    @runnergirl2015 another 3 boy mama!! IM surprised by how many of us there are here! How old are yours? Mine are 6, 4.5, 2. @EricaD777  (I hope that's the right Erica d) does too, and I think there's were a couple others I saw. I don't feel like it's that common to have a bunch of us!
    8, 5, and 2; so really close to yours! 
    @pghctwife yep! That's me. :smile: My boys are 6, 4, and 2. Little balls of energy (that I don't have lol)

BFP #1: 10/15/10- DS born 6/29/11

BFP #2: 6/26/2012- DS born 3/11/13

BFP #3: 2/26/14- MMC and D&C 4/11/14

BFP#4: 9/1/14- MC 9/6/14

BFP#5: 10/3/14- Due Date 6/15/15

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • With DS 1, we just posted an ultrasound. With DS 2, we had DS1 hold a picture that said "Only Child Club expiring March 2013." With DS 3, my boys wore Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts while I had Thing 3 on mine. I came up with some cutesy Dr. Seuss -like poem. 

With this one, I was thinking something along the lines of the Connect 4 game...3 blues in a row, will this be a connect 4? or a ninja turtles themed something or other. 

BFP #1: 10/15/10- DS born 6/29/11

BFP #2: 6/26/2012- DS born 3/11/13

BFP #3: 2/26/14- MMC and D&C 4/11/14

BFP#4: 9/1/14- MC 9/6/14

BFP#5: 10/3/14- Due Date 6/15/15

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @megpeg I also have one of each and was thinking of something similar with the tie breaker! Cute. :)
  • kitandcatkitandcat member
    edited July 2017
    @runnergirl2015 I love that idea so much!!! 

Im excited to think of something fun. For DS, I handmade some cute cards and gifts that I mailed because my family is all over and they opened them while face timing. And on social media we did a Cubs theme with a baby jersey with our last name and balls that had the due date inside a glove. I am so excited to do something cute with DS! When I told DH, I got a "Big Bro" shirt for DS and when DH got home from work, DS walked over to him, wearing the shirt and shaking a ziploc bag with the two tests! LOL! It was super cute!!