March 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

2»

Re: GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

• Options
    @triplejplus1 lol! I didn't even realize.
  • Options
    DDRRT1982 we also decided to have kids and *then* decided to get married. We even have a named picked out for a boy that we talked about 4 years ago! lol

@shawnnaO thanks, it's good to hear the kids will probably turn out alright. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ksmwaltersksmwalters member
    edited September 2017
    I clicked "other" because "mutual friends" isn't weird/complicated enough.  :D

So my DH's cousin and I went to massage school together, and became close friends (in large part because of my connection to her then boyfriend/now husband, who is also from GA - we went to school in CO). After school we both wound up moving to GA. Her (now fiance) was suit shopping for their wedding with her uncle and cousin - now my FIL & DH. She invited me over for BBQ with them and I of course accepted bc FREE FOOD. They weren't trying to set us up but within a few weeks we were dating. So I met my future in-laws the same day I met my future husband. It made the "this is my girlfriend" dinner way less stressful, that's for sure.  :D

ETA: She actually met HER husband through my DH/her cousin, because they went to college together. So they always joke that they were just returning the favor by introducing us. 
  • Options
    Love reading these for some who joined us late.  It was a blast from the past today when I got notifications for this thread.  Hard to believe it was started almost 2 months ago.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    I met my SO at a bar in our younger, partying days..boring! It was my friend's birthday and she had just found out she was pregnant. She hadn't told a soul, and my other friend had a surprise party planned for her, so she went anyways. She gave me all her drinks that night...and with liquid courage decided to talk to a group of guys on the dance floor...the night ended with me eating pizza with 3 women, trying to FB creep my now SO. It worked apparently...
  • Options
    College sweethearts ftw. I moved from Texas to North Dakota to be closer to hs sweetheart in the air force and go to nursing school. That relationship lasted less than 4 months after I moved there. Decided to go out with my suite mate to my first college homecoming dance and SO saw me there. Apparently he liked what he saw,  but was afraid to approach. So his friends talked him up the following couple of days, but he was never around. The day I was like EFF this, he's not real he came strolling through our dorm hall. All I saw was pretty eyes and muscles and was hooked. Started dating about 6 months later,  engaged after 3 months and married after 3 years.  The absolute LOML.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    High school sweethearts  <3 . I met my hubby at 15...we split up at 19 to focus on university and he promised to call me when he got into post grad school. So around 23 yrs old I got a call...and we reconnected. The butterflies were all right there again, my heart was so full. Married at 36...baby at 38. :) We can't wait to enjoy life with our little baby boy! So much love, respect, trust, and happiness to share. 
  • Options
    Also late to this thread! My DH and I met in the states working for Club Med in 2004. We were both in relationships at the time. Fast forward to 2008 when we were both single and working for Club Med in Japan together...the rest they say, is history! 
  • Options
    hollyk224hollyk224 member
    edited September 2017
    We met on a dating website. We quickly learned though that we had a very good mutual friend in common so that made it not as awkward! We went on our first date in January 2011, got engaged in October 2011, and got married in June 2012. We got our fur baby in August 2012, had DD in September 2015, & this baby is due on 2/26/18.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    Late to this game, too, but we met through a mutual friend. I came home to Texas from Virginia in April 2008 to go camping on the infield at the NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway and my friend was supposed to pick me up from my parent's house. He was running late, so he sent his friend to get me and that was it. We were inseperable all weekend and I was devastated when I had to leave to go back to Virginia that Monday. We did long distance for 4 months, then I moved back to Texas and in with him in August, we were engaged on Christmas Eve, and got married in August 2009. We got our fur baby in July 2012, had DD in October 2015, and LO #2 is of course due March 2018. ❤❤❤

P.S. This is one of my favorite threads!!
  • Options
    @amylonghorn our babies are about the same! We had DD Oct 15 as well! and #2 due in March! So crazy to think she's about to be 2! 
  • Options
    We met in college algebra class as freshman. We were sitting next to each other and had to share a quiz (with our own scantrons.) He grew up in same area as me, and we became friends quickly since we realized we knew some of the same people and even were at the same hotel on prom night (we attended different high schools.)

We remained friends for a while, probably 6 months or so, when we started to realize we had feelings for one another. We dated for 7 years all through college and after college as we started our careers. We got married in 2012 and had our son in 2015!
  • Options
    We were both working at the same fishing lodge for the summer. I arrived with two of the guides, and he looked right at me and said: "Those boxes aren't going to unload themselves." The rest was history.
    JGL
  • Options
    HS sweethearts. I was 15, he was 16. I saw him playing basketball and knew I had to meet him.... the rest is history
  • Options
    I was young and dumb and got into a stranger's car. I was outside the bank in blizzard weather bawling because of life and my ride had bailed after I got to said meeting point. He said he could drive me home and he had a cute little fast car (SRT4), I was into making dumb decisions and said yes. He asked me if I wanted to smoke a joint at his house and I asked why. He said he liked that even in the dead of winter I was wearing my chuck taylors. We found out he worked down the street from where I was living and almost every day when I was done work/school, I would walk to his work with a tea. Blah blah blah kids.