March 2018 Moms

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

edited July 2017 in March 2018 Moms
It's GTKY Tuesday!

How did you meet your SO?  Answer the poll below and share the details!

Me: 30 H: 30
Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? 103 votes

Online Dating Site
19% 20 votes
Through Mutual Friends
18% 19 votes
At Work
9% 10 votes
High School Sweethearts
12% 13 votes
College Sweethearts
15% 16 votes
Random Meeting at a Bar, Store, etc...
10% 11 votes
Other
13% 14 votes

Re: GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

• Loading the player...
  • I taught with one of his close friends and she introduced us! We were engaged within 6 weeks.  :#
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited September 2017
    I met mine in 2001 at his college dorm.  We use to go over there to drink and hangout on his futon.  Lame.  He wasn't very social with me, but he tells me stories now of what he thought of me.  We ended up reamaining in touch here and there over the next decade.  We met back up after I moved back from finishing my degree for a beer.  I did not consider it a date.  However, he was actually someone I never thought he was.  He had a lot of personality and humor.  We connected. We've been together ever since.  Since we are both a little older we kind of just laid expectations out there and decided to have kids before we got married.  I've been married before and I wasn't as much looking forward to that as I was having kids.  We are married now, but kids came first.

Edit for errors
  • edited September 2017
    Omg this thread is great! 

I had just moved to the area and only knew how to get to a few places. I ran to cvs quick on my lunch at work and there was only one cashier and a super long line. I turned around to the guy behind me and said "wow I can't believe they only have one cashier, I hope I'm not late back to work" - I married that guy I turned around and talked to

edit: my fingers are fat
  • npkatnpkat member
    edited September 2017
    My husband and I met our freshman year of college(2005) in chemistry class. We were both on the nursing path so we had at least 1 class together every semester. We became pretty good friends. I was roommates with one of his fraternity brothers so we hung out outside of class that way. Never dated, but almost did. Might have hooked up a couple times :#  We ended up starting nursing school at different times so we didn't see eachother too often the last year or so of college. Fast forward about 3.5-4 years after I graduated college... had not seen each other all that time, both had been in very serious relationships(his ending most recent) and we saw each other out at a local bar. Started catching up and never looked back. We've been married for 2.5 years and together for over 4.5 years. It's been so much fun! I can't wait to finally bring a baby into this world with him!  <3
  • We met in NYC via okcupid and hit it off. I had just finished nursing school and we were both kinda underemployed that summer and hung out/had sex constantly. We moved in together after 4 months, got engaged after 1 year, married after 2, and pregnant by 3 :)
  • I guess I missed this GTKY from July like the rest of you! :D  
    I met my SO in 3rd grade. He moved from PA and came to our small town. My class only had 21. I dated very few boys and those probably don't even count because we were so young. So DH is about the only person I've ever been with. We started dating my Junior year and dated forever while going to different colleges. Made it through that with a few minor rough patches and finally got married 6 years later. This year was our 6th year of marriage, so we've officially been married as long as we dated!