TTC After a Loss

TTCAL week of 7/17/17

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)
2. Status?
3. R/R?
4. Describe your dream job? Is it what you currently do or something you'd like to do?

Re: TTCAL week of 7/17/17

• Hello!  Not new.  CP December 2016

Status - summer break :)

Rave - We leave on vacation in 2 days and will be gone a week.  I'm very excited.  I've been cleaning the house and doing laundry all day today so I don't come back to a messy home.  Rant - DH was digging a little bit yesterday and tweaked his back.  Hoping that it doesn't mess up fun time sex during vaca.  He says it won't.

I'm doing what I want to do currently which is be a mom and musician.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Not new
    2. CD1 
    3. I have a short week at work, I only work today and tomorrow hallelujah! 
    4. I want to bake. My sister and I both love baking and we have been putting together our favorite recipes and coming up with a plan to open our own bakery in a few years, so excited
  • Loading the player...
  • pghrenpghren member
    2. CD 17
    3. I got major sunburn on Saturday and have been in much pain ever since 
    4. I'd love to work for a think tank advising government lawmakers on health policy issues. I don't want to be a politician, but I wouldn't mind being the expert opinion. 
  • pghrenpghren member
    @vlagrl29 have a great vacation! And don't get any sunburn! 

@pumpkin0913 I am a big baker too; that sounds pretty awesome
  • edited July 2017
    @vlagrl29have a great vacation! 

@allowachick sorry about your sunburn 

Eta spelling

• 2. Status?TWW waiting to test until Saturday at 14 DPO 
    3. R/R? DH just gave me a great massage! Also I met my niece's baby this wkd.  The baby is beautiful and I enjoyed holding her.  My niece was not able to take her to family party because baby had to stay longer in hospital due to jaundice.  She did take her to a graduation party yesterday SMH

4. Describe your dream job? Is it what you currently do or something you'd like to do? I used to think my current job was my dream job.  As I child I wanted to be a federal agent and that's what I am but it's no longer dreamy lol.  I would love to be a stay at home mom! 
  • @vlagrl29 Enjoy your vacay! Hope it's awesome and rejuvenating! 

@pumpkin0913 What's your baking specialty? I've been starting to get into baking more since binge-watching the Great British Baking Show. I'm enjoying it, but am still intimidated by a lot of recipes. 

@allowachick Policy is an interesting field. I keep toying around with going back to school to get a degree in economics to do research into public policy. I'm guessing you're in the health field already? 

@Mack2342 I'm sure it's not as glamorous as I'm imaging... but "federal agent" sounds pretty bad ass. 

1. Long-timer lurker, newbie participant
    2. WTO
    3. R/R DH saw the OPKs in the bathroom and said "that time again already?" Already? It feels like 2 months instead of 2 weeks. Makes me realize that TTC is just wishing my life away in 2 week increments. 
    4. Dream job would be to open a cheese shop. Apparently becoming a certified cheese monger is difficult and you have to work handling cheese for a certain number of hours and then sit a certification exam. But man, just thinking about spending my day surrounded with beautiful golden cheese wheels makes me think it might be worth it...
  • @leahcimmichael I'm all about cookies, breads and cupcakes. My sister is the pie lady. We both enjoy trying different things, I recently made some scones for the first time. They turned out delicious even though they were a little funny shaped lol. And I love your dreams of cheese  :)
  • @pumpkin0913 My philosophy with baking is if something looks a little funny, I just eat it faster to destroy the evidence. I've never made scones before. Breads in general are a bit intimidating. Knowing how each dough should feel, which ones to knead, how long to proof... I applaud you! 
  • @Mack2342 it's that "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" thing....
    @leahcimmichael that is an awesome dream job!

1. Not new. 
    2. TWW with bfn on Sunday, cramps starting. Twiddling my thumbs waiting for AF.
    3. I'm in New Mexico working this week and it's so much fun to come here! (Even the whole "workie" thing). I've been coming here since 2011. And on Friday I go to NY to see my family!!
    4. GTKY: Samantha Brown stole my job with the Travel Channel. Bitch.  ;)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • 2. Status:. 18dpo, finally got a positive OPK

3. Rant: My husband was promised a raise this month by his boss, and now the bastard is backpedalling.  He now wants a presentation to prove his value to the company.  Ugh.

4. Describe your dream job:. I am a weirdo and love to do backroom number crunching.  I would consider my career very fully realized if I could be an Underwriter.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @leahcimmichael fed agent = not glamorous lol. 
  • @Mack2342 I figure your job is a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy (like most jobs) but the title contours up dark suits, sunglasses, and car chases  :D
  • @leahcimmichael lol you got the first part right but no dark suits sunglasses and car chases.  Some agencies maybe but not mine.  
  • @vlagrl29 have fun on your vacation!

@pumpkin0913 I also love to bake! People tell me I should make my decorated sugar cookies for a living but they are so much work I'd have to charge a fortune for them to even make a profit. 

@allowachick sorry about the sunburn. Those are never fun. 

@Mack2342 I need a massage so bad! DH tries but just isn't very good at them. 

@leahcimmichael mmmmm...cheese!

@amberruka I've never been to New Mexico...just the old one ;-)

@ngolimento he shouldn't have to give a presentation to show his worth. A good supervisor would already be aware of his contributions. His boss sounds like an ass. 

1. Old as dirt

2. WTO CD2 so ugh...

3. Today is finally the day of my RE appointment. 5 weeks post-op and we can now finally create a plan to move forward. Im nothing without a plan. Lol. Also this was my first real af after my laparoscopy and D&C. It wasn't too bad! I really think removing my endo has made things quite a bit better for me. 

4. My dream job would be to not have to work. I don't mind working, but hate knowing that I have to, or stress about losing my job to budget cuts. I would either start my own non-profit or would do tons of charity work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364 I love doing charity work too!   
  • @MooFish2364 I agree. Plans make me feel like I have some control in this process. Hope your appointment goes well today and that you come up with a great plan for getting a take home baby! 
  • 2. Status? Benched. CD 14

3. R/R? Not much going on right now. I'll be MIA a lot of next week as I'm going home to help my sister out after her tonsillectomy.

4. Describe your dream job? Is it what you currently do or something you'd like to do? Um, I guess I have it, although I'd like to move to a different unit of my job. Ideally though, I'd love to get paid to lay on the beach and travel the world. LOL.

@vlagrl29 Enjoy your vacation!

@pumpkin0913 YAY baking and bakery!!!! I love baking, and sometimes when I start a cake/project I’m all like “Wow, this is amazing. I’m so talented, I should be a baker for a living.” And other times I start a cake/project and halfway through it I’m like, “Wow. This is absolute shyte. I’m a 2-bit hack and I can’t believe I even thought about doing this project and that it may work out.”  HA!

@Mack2342 @leahcimmichael HA. I thought the same thing... when people from the FBI came to look at some classified records my repository holds... I imagined dark suits, sunglasses, well put together people. The people who showed up looked like they went into the ghettos of Baltimore and yelled "Who wants a security clearance and to work at the FBI?" and then just handed them out without checking!?!?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer lol yup I wear jeans to work most days and look like a bum only if I'm in the office or have to go to court do I dress up.   My friends said that when they conducted my background check the person that interviewed them was dressed in a suit and looked very professional.   
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited July 2017
    Another pregnancy announcement on FB this morning for another December baby.  But you know what I'm not crying nor irritated.  I can only hope that will be us one day announcing.  Until then I enjoy life.  I was happy before trying for another baby and I can sure as hell be happy now.
  • edited July 2017
    @leahcimmichael that's a great philosophy!

@dpjennifer @moofish2364 every time I bake I always say "man I love baking, I wish I could do this for a living" finally DH had enough of hearing that and said do it. Then I just started obsessing over it and now my sister and I are really doing it!
  • @vlagrl29, sorry about the fb pregnancy announcement. Those suck, but glad to hear you handled it well
  • rklinge0rklinge0 member
    edited July 2017
    1. Not new nmc before thanksgiving
    2. Tww I assume period will be here by the weekend. That will be 4 weeks since I stopped my b.c. pills.
    3. Rave: I actually got to go swimming last weekend twice. Gotta work on my tan. Also got to see my first adult movie since 2014, we saw the big sick.
    4. I teach and I really enjoyed my job this year, I had 4 students and I felt like the mama duck and had her little ducklings following her around. But my favorite teaching job I did was a maternity leave(adoption) and I worked with primary special education. Those kids progressed so much during that time both academically and socially. I also coached cross country for 3 years, got paid to work out. 
    @ngolimento I like working with numbers, did a math intervention job a few times. 
    @allowachick did you mean more about health insurance? If so that would be interesting especially with what's going on right now. 
    @pumpkin0913 I like baking and cake decorating and am not bad at it but for me it takes so darn long to decorate birthday cakes. 
    @vlagrl29 have fun on vacation. 
  • pghrenpghren member
    @leahcimmichael @rklinge0
    It's not what I do now, but I'm back in school and health policy and economics are part of my nutty plan
  • mrschxmrschx member
    Introduce yourself (if you're new) Yep, still new. I have an into up, but short version is that we lost our son to a placental abruption at 39 weeks in April.
    2. Status? Benched for the next month at least. But, a big development is that I have actually been noticing things that resemble a cycle.
    3. R/R? Ranting about my house this week...you just want a new deck and all of a sudden you are coordinating plumbers, electricians and irrigation people for the all the neglected stuff the last owners left you. Oh well. Rave - I had a great happy hour with some friends tonight, and massage tomorrow afternoon. Yes! Doing great things for me!!! What I need right now!
    4. Describe your dream job? Is it what you currently do or something you'd like to do? Ok, well, when asked what I wanted to do when I grow up my answer was always "to be Rainbow Brite". So since that job wasn't open I opted for interior designer. Probably my dream job if riding a unicorn on a rainbow with the color kids isn't an option.
    @dpjennifer @pumpkin0913 baking is just so out of my realm of abilities. Please please bake amazing creations into the world!
    @vlagrl29 Yes to vacay. Enjoy! 

• 1. On the new side, 2nd tri MC in early June.
    2. CD14...most likely ovulated today (screaming positive OPK yesterday, plus EWCM, plus ovulation pain), but feeling bummed because I ultimately decided to bench us for another cycle because after 6 days of TEBB at the end of this past AF, I don't feel like things are hormonally in the right place quite yet.  I 100% know it was the right call, but I still feel so damn sad and crappy about "missing" our first TTC month.  Hoping that next AF will be normal and we can get back on track in August.
    3. Rave: got to spend yesterday riding roller coasters with DH for my birthday date day celebration...so much fun and no lines!  Rant: still ended the day feeling crappy because the only reason I got to ride roller coasters is because I am no longer pregnant.  Blech. In general having a tougher time dealing with my loss this week than I had been over the past few.
    4. I think I would make an excellent midwife.  I often feel like I missed my calling on that one, and perhaps someday I will go down that path, but a more realistic dream "job" for me is to be a homesteader.  I'd love to feel more capable in self-supporting my family by growing/raising our own food, etc.  

@vlagrl29 Have a wondeeful vacation!  I hope it's a restful and rejuvenating time.

@pumpkin0913 Opening a bakery sounds amazing!

@allowachick FX for you in your TWW now!

@leahcimmichael Haha, yes, wishing my life away in two week increments is the perfect way to describe TTC.

@amberruka Sorry about BFN, still crossing my fingers for you until AF shows her face.  Glad you've had a good time in NM...I love that area of the country!

@Mack2342  Just a few more days!  So hoping for great news from you come Saturday!

@ngolimento  Yay for positive OPK!

@MooFish2364  How did your RE appt go?  Were they able to give you a plan that you feel good about?

@dpjennifer Hope your trip home goes well!

@rklinge0 That reminds me that I need to go swimming STAT.  Our city pool around here closes in a couple weeks (when school starts)...it stay hot here until October so I always think it's such a drag that they close it so early.

• Thanks for all the love ladies! We leave early tomorrow so I'll be MIA for a week. I am so excited to make some fun memories.  Just what our family needs.
  • @rosemaryandthyme Ugh! I totally understand how "look at me doing this fun thing I can do because I'm not pregnant" can just remind me that I'm supposed to be pregnant. 
    Sometimes I feel like it's a bad break-up and I'm all dancing in the club, flirting with cute guys, reminding my ex what he lost... but at the end of the night I inevitably end up crying in the bathroom with some other drunk girls. Cause I'm not ready to move on. 
    Did I take that metaphor too far?  
  • Having trouble tagging folks while mobile bumping throw morning. For those of you who wished me luck wth my RE appointment, thanks so much! It was kind of a bust. We waited over an hour and a half to see him and he basically wants us to try for another few months now that he has removed my endo. Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of meds that they can't give me since I ovulate on my own. He said with endo before surgery our chances were only about 3-4% each cycle and now after surgery we have about 7-8%. Not good considering that the average couple has a 25% chance each cycle. I just hope it works for us. We did get pregnant once even if it was over a year and a half ago. We definitely cannot afford IVF. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw, @MooFish2364 so sorry to hear.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @MooFish2364 I'm so sorry you appointment was disappointing. I know you were hoping for something more solid in terms of a plan. It amazes me that for as common as fertility issues are the medical community seems to have so little solid advice. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you are in the 7-8% and get your BFP soon. 
  • @leahcimmichael No way, that's an awesome metaphor!  It's like there's always this big stupid cloud following you around taunting you with, "this is supossed to be fun but it's noooooot"...
  • @MooFish2364 Oh, boo...I'm so sorry to hear that your appointment was lame :(
  • I'm sorry @MooFish2364 I hate when you walk into something expecting one thing and being completely let down. Fx you'll get your bfp soon
  • If surgery doesn't work can you take clomid @MooFish2364 - hope you get bfp soon.
  • @MooFish2364 sorry you didn't get the answers you were hoping for.  Well hopefully you don't need further assistance but maybe in a few months if needed he will give you more options.  IVF is something we will not do either but the IUI I would think would give you a higher chance and it's not that expensive 
  • Thanks for the replies guys (still having trouble tagging on mobile). I really hope that we just get pregnant naturally. My Re doesn't seem like it's a big deal so hopefully he's right I it just happens for us. He told me to start using OPKs again so I'll have to get back into that routine. He doesn't want to see me again until I'm KU or if I'm not ovulating for some reason. 

I have been seeing him since January and so far have only had a few tests done. I was really hoping more would have happened in that time frame; however I'm really thankful that there is nothing else wrong other than endo. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I picked up wandflos after joining this board to see when I would ovulate however there is always a faint line... is this common for you ladies? I am trying to track when my next AF will come (D&e was done a month ago) and I feel like I can't get a good reading with them!
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @Knottie1458315846 OPKs read differently than pregnancy tests...there will always be two lines, and a positive is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line!  Anything else is a negative.  This is because the hormone it tests for, LH, is always circulating in small amounts, but surges prior to ovulation.  Hope that helps!
  • @rosemaryandthyme thanks for your response! I feel like mine always look relatively dark (even though I am getting negative pregnancy tests so I'd hope it's not left over hormones messing with it.) I guess I'll know when I get a true ovulating line!
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow