TTC after 35
Options

Very confused!!!

Hi, I haven't been on here in years. My baby is now 7 years old and I'll be 36 in September. I had my mirena removed last February since it had expired. I decided I didn't want another put in and my husband and I haven't been using protection. My last few cycles have been normal and on time. As of right now, I am 11 days past when I should have started my period. All the tests I've taken have all come out negative with the exception of 2 that turned positive hours after they were used and I haven't had a positive reading since. I've had blood work done and it was negative. I have very sore, tender breasts, nausea on and off, exhaustion, a few food aversions, very moody and emotional, I wake up in a pool of slobber (which I hadn't done previously), but no extra discharge and no positive test results. Has anyone experienced this and still was pregnant or am I just losing my mind? Sorry for the long post. 

Re: Very confused!!!

• Options
    hi :) that definitely  sounds frustrating.. a pregnancy test is not valid outside of the timeframe in the instructions, the lines you saw were most likely evap lines... and if a blood test came back negative i would say it's safe to say you aren't pregnant..... if you are concerned about not getting your period i would say make a DR appointment to see if they want to jump start it with progesterone... good luck! 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah, I finally set up an appt to check to see what is going on. I'm now 20 days past when my period was supposed to start, so there's definitely something going on even if it's not pregnancy. When I take my bra off, my boobs hurt so incredibly bad and feel like they weigh a ton. I'm just praying that if I'm not pregnant, that it isn't anything serious causing this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please let us know what the doctor says @JCaldwell0331 ! I feel like I'm going through something similar, but I was using BC pills earlier this year and decided to come off because of high BP. I'm 7 days late right now and my cycle had been perfectly normal with AF starting right on time the past 3 cycles. So I'm at a loss as well! I turned 40 in January. I will have another blood test for pregnancy on Friday if AF still doesn't show and then if that's negative, I will probably be making an appt with OB to see what's going on! Let's check in again about it! 
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • Options
    JCaldwell0331JCaldwell0331 member
    edited July 2017
    I sure will! My appt is July 31st. Earlier today I started spotting but it's very light and pink in color. I don't know if this means I've started my period or what's going on. I'm typically a heavy bleeder during the first couple days of my period so this is abnormal for me. Right now I'd be in day 69 of my cycle and 21 days past the projected start date of my period. I'll update you on Monday after my appt. Let me know what the blood test on Friday shows for you! 
  • Options
    Okay! I hope it's nothing serious for either of us! Will be in touch. I almost passed out in the shower today. Haven't felt like that since my last pregnancy. I kept making the water colder and colder but didn't seem to help. Just don't feel good today. 
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Oh, goodness. Glad you didn't pass out! That's very scary. Well, I'm definitely not pregnant. I started my typical heavy bleeding during the night but I've been having some pain on the right side of my abdomen, so I'm keeping my appointment on Monday anyway to see what all caused me to have such a long cycle and what's up with that pain. It's enough that it makes my stomach feel bad but not enough to make me want to seek medical attention right now and it's not a consistent pain. It comes and goes. Take it easy and be careful. Talk to you again soon. 
  • Options
    And mine started today! 10 days late. It's been on time past 3 cycles. I'm still going to check in with OB too because I'm having much stronger than normal cramps and abdomen pain as well. Hopefully we can get it figured out!
    ----
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I meant to write on Friday to see how your appt with the ob went. We had a crazy weekend with our water heater deciding to die. lol Oh well, tis life. Anyway, the ob thinks I have PCOS. Had a bunch of labs done today and should have all of them back in a week. What did your ob say?
  • Options
    Any word from OB yet?  I got tested for PCOS at my last in-office visit with OB and didn't have that. I hope you're feeling better -- any news?

They just wanted me to come and do more blood work (check my TSH), I'm going to have to wait until my annual appointment in Sept. to get checked out. But thankfully the pain I was experiencing went away, I guess being off BC pills for 4 months now, my cycles are getting a little off track again, but I was happy to see today with my OPK test that I am ovulating (as it was "high"). 
    ----
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I've gotten all my test results back but haven't heard from the woman who saw me. I emailed her Friday afternoon, though, to let her know of my diet change and increased water intake. She wasn't my regular ob and wasn't very nice so I'm not really surprised I haven't heard from her. Thankfully my mom is an RN. Lol Found out that my test results were all in normal range except I'm very dehydrated and I'm on the higher end of the normal scale of testosterone. I have the most wonderful chin hairs....especially since I have very dark hair. I have changed my diet and I'm drowning myself with water. I can go an entire day without hardly drinking and now I'm trying to force 72-96 oz (24 oz water bottle) of water down me a day.