November 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Names Part 2!

Re: Baby Names Part 2!

• Options
    What about the first name Cece? For your brother. Cece is a nn for Cecilia. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about the first name Cece? For your brother. Cece is a nn for Cecilia. 
    I have thought about that but I'm not sure I like that name. This is difficult! My boys were so easy to name. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I think it might be a mouthful with both names ending in -y and a long e sound.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Okay. Finlay Cecile?
  • Options
    @cwalker042 Clara? Kind of a combo of Clinton and Charles. 
  • Options
    Hubby and I came up with a name we like Mera. What do you think of Mera Charlie as her first and middle name? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    how about Lindy
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I like Mera Charlie a lot, very pretty. 

I am struggling with a boys name because my DH is Icelandic so we have to find a name that works in both places. So far our thoughts are Leifur, nn Leif, Ragnar (not sure of nn potential here), Einar, Berger or maybe Elias (my DH likes Elis more but I worry it sounds like a girls name outside of Iceland). Would love input. 
  • Options
    @cwalker042 Mera is beautiful! It seems so simple, yet I've never heard it before.
    @ames011 Leif is a great name. I love Elias too. I have seen "Ellis" for a boy, so maybe Elis isn't too feminine. I can see how it could be confused with Elise, though.

(I haven't posted on here in a couple months... was definitely a better board participant in the first trimester! Trying to get back in the swing of things. Sorry if I seem like an intruder!)
  • Options
    I have never heard of the name either. It means princess in Arabic. It's also short for Meredith, which is Welsh/Celtic for "magnificent chief or protector." I'm thinking of spelling it Merah because both of my boys have 5 letters in their first name and both have two syllables. I want to keep with that trend. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I like Mera I haven't heard it before. I also like the meaning for it.
  • Options
    @ames011 I like Lief and Ellis and Elias. All are cute!

@cwalker042 Mera is pretty. I taught with a gal named Mirah!
  • Options
    I wanted to name her Charley/Charlie but DH doesn't like the name. Even before my brother died I wanted that name for my girl. I thought about having her middle name just CC after my brother but nothing is sounding good to me right now. 
    What about Cece for a first or middle name?
  • Options
    Didn't finish reading before replying obviously. Merah is pretty!
  • Options
    @cwalker042 I had a student who spelled it Meera.
    @YesOuiCan Welcome back! :)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @YesOuiCan welcome back and thanks for the feedback. That's exactly my fear with Elis, they pronounce it Elise and I'm not sure I can do the double Ls in Icelandic.

Sounds like the other choices might work for the English speaker's tongue which I was worried about. Thanks all. 
  • Options
    @ames011 Leif is a great name 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    This is our 4th boy. He's going to be Tristan. Our others are Emerson, Garrett, and Hunter
  • Options
    We are really struggling with our boy's name. The two names we like best are Cameron and Evan. These are also the names of children from our small group at church, so pretty close friends that we see often (weekly). We also had Grant as a name, which we still like, but not as much as the others so that makes it hard to choose. KWIM? Any suggestions? We like mostly traditional, strong, short names. Our last name is tough - begins with an O (not Irish though) so names that end in a vowel do not work. Help! Thanks!!
  • Options
    Our name also ends in an O. DH likes Ronin, trying to find a middle name is tough. I think Ronin Levi. I want a saints name or biblical name as the middle like my DD Cayden Kassia. 
  • Options
    Lately I've just been throwing names at my DH trying to get some kind of response. He usually looks at me with a blank stare for a few seconds before going "meh". Look dude, I'm sorry I don't like Jessica, you are perfectly capable of thinking of other names you like. Help me out man!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ariasbabyblog You could tell him if he doesn't want to help think of alt to Jessica then you will fill out the birth certificate with whatever names you want! Jk lol
  • Options
    DH is STILL set on this one god awful name and no matter how many times I say it makes me wanna throw up he just doesn't get it! I gave him a list of names and he won't even look at them. And then gets mad cuz I shoot down his ideas. He doesn't think how they'll sound calling him every day multiple times. And I don't care that there's nicknames, my child will be made fun of in school with the names he comes up with. I'm not one for common names but his are wayyyyy too bizarre. 
  • Options
    So I'm bringing this one back from the dead. I need help and I just wanna scream or cry in frustration. DH and I have finally decided on a name. It's of Irish decent but the spelling will cause people to pronounce it wrong ALL THE TIME. I pronounced it wrong in 3 ways before finding out how to say it. He's so dead set on the spelling because "in Irish if you change the spelling you change the meaning" um I tried looking up different spellings of it and they ALL mean the same freaking thing! I also looked up how others pronounce it and people's comments proved to me that no one will pronounce it correctly. Seriously how do I get him to change the spelling? Why are men so goddamn stubborn?
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz that’s a tough one, but if you’re not able to get him to change it, best thing you can do is have your kiddo love the spelling and what it means. He’s going to probably have to pronounce it a lot, so helping him feel proud about it may help it from annoying him too much. I have a name that I have to spell often. I don’t mind it because I love my name. 
  • Options
    DH and I still haven't figured out a name. We realise that we are mean people (joking) because we think of a name then think of the mean things kids will say. We have no one to make him after. Today I used Baby name genie and it threw out the name Hunter which DH said he likes. I like Ethan, Connor, Cameron.  He's such a pop culture guy he only thinks of famous people with the same names and shoots them down. Haha. Pray for us. 
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz My name is always misspelled and mispronounced and it is extremely frustrating. If you can steer him away from it completely, good luck!

• Options
    Lol I really like the name but when I couldn't even pronounce it and when I look it up and only people of Irish decent can pronounce it correctly (I am and I still pronounced it wrong!) It's just frustrating. Idc if we use the spelling I came up with, but the original is just difficult. And I'm afraid he'll be made fun of if people think the names I thought it was lol 

IDK if it's my hormones or what. And since we're not telling people the name, I can't even ask input on it, like "how would you pronounce this" cuz I don't wanna hear that they hate the name or something lol 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort that's hilarious! It took us until I'd say month 7 to finally agree 
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz it’s definitely harder when you aren’t telling anyone because then you can’t use the power of influence lol. 
  • Options
    Ugh I kno! I've been complaining to my one friend lately about it n I just keep getting, well what's the name lol! She's kidding but does wanna know. It's just frustrating 
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz I totally agree If you don't want to hear what people think don't tell them your name for baby. The name we have chosen can be pronounced 2 different ways. HD and I made the mistake of telling only our parents and his mom is not a fan of the name we choose and told HD how she felt about the name and how people will always get it wrong. However we have chosen to keep the name for this little one because we both like it  but it was kinda disappointing to hear she wasn't a fan. I don't think she would have said how she felt if baby girl was here and was already given the name. 

Hopefully you can settle on a name/spelling that works for both of you. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort You're not alone! We don't have our names picked out either. We have a very short list for a girl (down to 3 or 4 names, and I have a definite favorite) but we're still working on names for a boy.  There are about 4 names that we agree on at the moment, but we're still wondering if we're missing the right one. In any case, we'll make the final call after baby arrives! I think we feel a tiny bit less pressure because we don't know the sex, so we'd be making the decision after the baby is here regardless. (I love the name Connor, btw.)
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort - no need to feel bad.  We're big proponents of the playground test.  If your kid is going to be crucified by kids at school because of his/her name, change the name.  We're not telling anyone names either.  But, like @kaitlinliz, one of our boy names is an Irish variation on a name.  Not so much of a variation that people won't know how to pronounce it, but enough that it is not common.  I worry a little bit.  Then again, I just love that spelling.

We have been telling people the names that are specifically on the "will never use" list.  Both sides of my family are like that scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding "Nick, Nic, Nick, Nico, Nikki, Nicholas ...."  I have too many aunts, uncles, and cousins with the same names floating around (very unfortunately also duplicated on my husband's side) that we've made it well known those names will NOT be considered.  At all.

• Options
    @curiousfool1 that is our family. We have more Christopher/Kristafers than we know what to do with. So I said we absolutely were not doing that. And my family is a big Italian family with Donna's and donnys, Diane's, etc - again refuse to do a common name like those. 

@kdw89 I've never seen him so adamant about anything before in my life. I really don't know if I should just give in. It took me a while to like the name, I was driving to work n went goddamnit it's actually cute lol! But I'm not a fan of the spelling for the reasons I said. Idk if I should just give it to him and when people can't pronounce it, he can't be mad. 
  • Options
    This will be baby #2 it's a girl we decided on Mackenzie. My DS is named Matthew.

• Options
    So DH is driving me up a wall! We've talked about this name for weeks now just trying to decide on the spelling. I figured since its the ONLY name we agreed on that it was the name we were using. He left me a list of 5 names (the one we have been talking about wasn't on it) and all of which are awful btw. So I text him asking what that was about n he said he hasn't decided on a name because his top choice I'm not letting him use....um no no you're not deciding on a name, we are...and we did decide! Why now is he changing his mind? 7w to go and I may kill him. 
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz that’s so frustrating!