Baby Names
Options

Eloise or Eleanor

atackatack member
edited July 2017 in Baby Names
can't decide on the first name if it's a girl.  DD loves eloise and I love that she had a say in this potential name.  I'm 20 weeks and we are team green.  
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Eloise or Eleanor 38 votes

Eloise Catherine
68% 26 votes
Eleanor Catherine
31% 12 votes

Re: Eloise or Eleanor

• Options
    I know so many baby Eleanors! I much prefer Eloise, as long as she doesn't go by the nn Ellie because that is super popular too
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I like Eloise best, but agree that you should just say no to Ellie. It's become so overdone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And if you go with Eloise, she'll have a whole series of books that she'll share a name with. Most kids love that.
  • Options
    I know so many baby Eleanors! I much prefer Eloise, as long as she doesn't go by the nn Ellie because that is super popular too
    This.
  • Options
    atackatack member
    It won't be shortened.  If she has a nn eventually for like sports or shouting her name it would just be Elle - but not what she'll go by!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    atack said:
    It won't be shortened.  If she has a nn eventually for like sports or shouting her name it would just be Elle - but not what she'll go by!
    Nice! I absolutely love Eloise with no nickname (can't get DH on board). Eleanor is just kind of meh to me, especially with the popularity and that all of them go by Ellie.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20