March 2018 Moms

Cravings & Aversions Thread

Re: Cravings & Aversions Thread

• @wisewitch222 Yeah, that makes sense. It was just a theory. I'm a FTM so it's all a guessing game for me (and thank god I have this board or I'd never know what to expect). The only definite conclusion I've come to is this 100% dairy free thing is NOT happening. I'm feeding all my cravings from here on out. Especially the ones with butter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I really want some chicken salad. Food in general doesn't sound good but I can't wait to have chicken salad at lunch! I'm so excited! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• I really want some chicken salad. Food in general doesn't sound good but I can't wait to have chicken salad at lunch! I'm so excited! 
    Best chicken salad recipe ever if you are interested in making y our own...

Boil two chicken breast
    Shredd the breast into pieces-season with salt and pepper
    1 cup chopped pecans
    Two cups of chopped green grapes
    Diced celery
    1 cup of mayo
    1 cup sour cream
    Add all ingredients together and mix
    Put in fridge to cool down and voila
    Just eat it with crackers and it is amazing

• I just want Taco Bell. 

I don't know what it is about Taco Bell and pregnancy. I never want Taco Bell if I'm not pregnant, but I crave it all the time when I am.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I could eat McDonald's chicken nuggets all day, everyday. Anything green is a no go for me right now, which is sad, because I love me some veggies and salad.
  • @hullabalou, this. I never ate Taco Bell until my last pregnancy. Like never in my life. And last pregnancy I literally drove from one Taco Bell to the next because I couldn't get enough!
  • KLmyzKLmyz member
    I don't have much for sickness food just sounds meh to me.  ( anyone else ?) Overly sweet or rich chocolate sounds like nothing I want to be part of.  
    So when I'm actually craving somthing or want to eat I try to get a good meal in, but I just feel like I can't be bothered to eat it's weird  ( I do becuase I have to !)  
    I've been forgetting to drink coffee lately ? What!?  So that's weird I guess
    If I crave anything its savory for sure. Been living off toast avacado tomatoes and balsamic reduction 

• @vflux33 your post just makes me want a sushi burrito bowl or sushi so bad. 
  • @becausescience That's what MH said about my aversion to salad and meat! 
  • I'm 5w2d and a meat aversion has joined the party!  I also had my first craving and it was Corn Flakes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kalawakalawa member
    Cravings...strawberries. I cut them up for my family and drool, but sadly, I am DEATHLY allergic to them. So, it's quite unfortunate.
  • Thank you @DDRRT1982! That sounds amazing

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• my aversions change daily it seems. what sounds good one day sounds terrible the next. 

DH and I just tried to go out for a nice dinner and I ended up leaving the restaurant while he got everything packed up. It was an Italian place and all the smells were so incredibly overwhelming. The poor server felt so bad - offered to change my meal free if charge ( the food was totally fine it was just me). I felt terrible. 

The only thing that is consistently awful for me is yogurt. Just the smell of it makes me want to be sick.

Cravings are just as random as the a versions.  What sounds amazing one day sounds awful the next.

I can't win
  • kjtbkjtb member
    Cravings: bruschetta, string cheese, slurpees
    Aversions: pretty much everything else

I'm pg with my first, so this morning sickness thing is a whole new world for me.  I'm one of those people who typically forget to eat a meal, so the idea of purposefully eating every 2 hours is a bit odd.  
  • @arhodes6, I was just going to say the same thing! I very quickly scanned it. I'm 4w4d and my nausea started last night. 
  • No cravings or aversions yet, but last pregnancy my cravings were pancakes, blackberries, pepperoncinis, and grapefruit juice. I'm interested in what they'll be this time around.
  • All I want is brothy-soup. In 100 degree weather. Go figure.
    I've also been wanting smoothies. I'm basically on a liquid diet
  • GG620GG620 member
    @vflux33 I sound exactly like you. I ate supremely healthy (watched my macros, lots of veggies and protein) and now veggies and protein make we want to gag. The only thing that is appealing is bland carbs. I try to choke down some healthy foods for baby but man it is so not fun. I just want hawaiian rolls and philly soft pretzels please

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @GG620 Lol yes! I feel like my body is reverting to a kid's cravings after trying so hard to eat like a responsible adult. Just the thought of salad and the texture of meat makes me cringe and gag. I'm worried I'm not getting enough protein. Thank God for PNVs or there would not be a lot of vitamin action going on... I did manage to eat an avocado today though! Very small victory. 
  • I usually eat chicken, fish, and eggs as my protein sources, but with my second pregnancy, I craved red meat like crazy. It was the strangest thing! Maybe my body just knew I needed more heme iron? :smile: With both DD and DS I craved V8 juice. I crushed cans of it daily. I couldn't get enough red sauce and salsa, but it could only last for the first half of pregnancy or so since my reflux got so bad both times. :frowning:

This time Gatorade or something like it is amazing. I try to go low-sugar most of the time, but holy smokes, the regular is so good. I HATE drinking calories (unless it's a beer, in which case, that's out for now, too), so I think I'll be watering down some Gatorade for awhile. It just tastes SO GOOD.

So far random things are gross to me right now. DH leaves food on his plate when he's finished, and if I see it when I'm doing dishes, I gag. I threw up at softball the other night and I had just eaten egg bake, so now that's out for me. Boo. Last time I couldn't stand bell peppers, and I'd be bummed if that happens again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Aaaannndddd I am officially done with apples. liked them for the longest time. just threw them up. never again. -_-
  • I haven't had any aversions just yet, but this morning someone walked by me at work with pancakes, and all I could think about all day was a big stack of fluffy buttermilk pancakes. 

I've also been craving French fries like crazy. And pizza. 
  • This thread is making me so hungry! I'm all about mangos with chili powder right now....so delicious! Ice cold, too! 
  • I couldn't stand the smell of Greek yogurt before I was pregnant. Now it's 100x worse. The smell immediately makes me gag/dry heave or basically vomit
  • tirolatirola member
    The only real aversions I've had so far are fried foods. The thought of French fries, onion rings, burgers, etc makes me gag. 

I am constantly craving lemonade. Preferably pink lemonade. I have to remind myself to drink water too because otherwise it would be lemonade all day every day. 
  • beatingxheartbeatingxheart member
    edited July 2017
    Edit: I am hungry all the time but I cannot eat much bc I am full of...
  • tlcl13tlcl13 member
    tirola said:
    I am constantly craving lemonade. Preferably pink lemonade. I have to remind myself to drink water too because otherwise it would be lemonade all day every day. 
    I probably drank 2 gallons of Newman's Own Pink Lemonade the week before I got my BFP (and I wish that was an exaggeration). Now I still enjoy drinking it but water is the only thing that quenches my excess thirst! 

Most days I want all kinds of chicken, especially spicy chicken. 

However, today is the first day that I don't feel like eating. I literally cannot think of a single thing that sounds appetizing. Maybe a smoothie? Blah. 
  • This whole thread makes me want to vomit. All the sudden, as soon as I hit 7 weeks, everything is an aversion/puke trigger. I never had any aversions or cravings with my son, so this is totally new to me. 
    I have no cravings. Basically, I choke down bland snacks to stay alive. I cut coffee cold turkey because it was a trigger, last time I was able to have a cup of half caff a day and all was well. Someone tell me this passes :cry: I want food again! I don't even feel thirsty. 
  • moeneemoenee member
    I am having serious cravings for tomato sauce and ground beef. No food aversions yet.
  • @moenee that was totally me with my last pregnancy! I don't really do ground beef, but I was eating shredded Italian beef like my life depended on it. I attributed it to my body wanting more iron :smile: I drank V8 like crazy, too, and anything with marinara was a win. I kind of liked those cravings!!

• moenee said:
    I am having serious cravings for tomato sauce and ground beef. No food aversions yet.
    Sounds like a sloppy joe night to me! :wink:
  • @Gingermom15 solidarity. I have no help other than to say I'm around 8 weeks and I haven't had coffee since before my BFP, and nothing sounds good. I'm barely eating. 
  • Thankfully my addiction to fizzy drink has deminished completely during this pregnancy. I use to not be able to go a day without it, now I just don't want it.
    i have been drinking heaps of lemon/lime juice though, which is good.
    i am a vegatarian but the other day I was craving pepperoni pizza so I had that
  • I have waves of really wanting something salty. I just wrapped two pickle planks in a sharp cheddar cheese slice and it was amazing. 

• I hated my cravings with my first but now i miss them. At least they guided me and were well tolerated! 

Now, it's such a gamble. I eat something and genuinely can't tell if I'm going to vom or not. Spoiler alert: it's usually a vom food  :/