August 2017 Moms
Options

Twat Tuesday

Who's a Twat?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Twat Tuesday

• Options
    First, sorry if I overrode anyone's usual weekly post, but I really need to vent about not one, but TWO twats today!

1) People of the CTA, I'm looking at you. You twats. I'm obviously pregnant. So pregnant that strangers stop me on the street or the grocery store to exclaim and ask when I'm due. So when the rush hour train is packed, it's 80* and muggy and hell and the air conditioning can barely keep pace with the mass of humanity, and you're staring my bump in the face from the comfort of your seat, offer a preggo your seat goddamnit. I'm especially looking at you, dude in SCRUBS, a medical professional who should totally know better. 

2) My second twat is a Realtor trying to sell my parents a house. Now, part of this is totally my parents' fault. They're trying to buy a new house and despite me and my sister telling them they pay nothing to agents as buyers, they decided to put in an offer themselves with the assistance of only an attorney and communicate directly with the seller's agent. Yeah, the seller's agent, who doesn't work for them. So the house inspection didn't meet my parents' satisfaction levels- the costs of repairs in the short term could be an additional $20-$30 grand, so they backed out. Rather than use their attorney, they wrote to the seller's agent directly... who scared and angered them by telling them falsehoods about "defects" and yadda yadda. So my parents were freaking out that they couldn't get out of the deal because of this bitch. My sister and I both had to calm them down and get them to stop talking to her and only talk to their attorney who will have no problem cutting out of the deal and getting their earnest money back. Gawd. Even if you are the seller's agent, do you have no morals in intimidating and scaring senior citizens? Bitch. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My twat is other drivers. I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver but other drivers are getting on my nerves. I won't go into details on every single occurrence, but today I was in the left turn lane where I had a green light and not a green arrow, so the other cars coming had the right of way before me. Well there was a full line of cars coming and this guy behind me kept laying his horn on me because I wasn't going to turn in front of this line of traffic! Sorry, but I'm not going to get in an accident the day before I deliver! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @DeansGirl14 those CTA riders are TWATS!!!!!! Who the hell doesn't give a pregnant lady a seat? Hello! Manners!!!!

My cube mate is a twat. He's back from his honeymoon and is ruining my plans for being lazy and reading at my desk. Grrr. I actually have to work  :/
  • Options
    I'm a twat. I made chili last night. I made it the same way I always do, but it's way spicier than normal. I can't stop eating it. 
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I dont know what the CTA is, but Im assuming its some sort of train system, and I totally agree!  Train riders, in general, are twats to pregnant ladies!  The night I did my maternity shoot, we took the train in, and it wasnt a full train, but all the seats were taken.  It was like 85 and super high humidity, to the point that you could see the sweat dripping on my face.  Not a single person offered to get up for me.  Luckily, it was a short trip, but I was still baffled.  

I would like to call out the twat at the ice cream place last week.  I was walking into the store, and didnt hold the door for this guy (who I didnt see), and he started to loudly complain about how women are such hypocrites, expecting men to hold the door for them, but they never do the same.  The place was packed, and mainly full of women with children, and a few were giving this guy a dirty look, so I turned around, so he could see my huge bump.  I said that I was sorry, I didnt see him, and left it at that.  Well further down the line, I was grabbing the puppy ice cream from the freezer, and it was a challenge becuase it was so low to the ground, and instead of offering to help me grab one, or even hold the freezer door for me, he PUSHED around me to pay first, and mumbled something, but I didnt hear it.  However, the cashier did, and she gave me my whole order for free!  Im not one to make a scene, but wow that guy was rude. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010
    That dude is a douchecanoe!

"CTA" is Chicago Transit Authority- the El trains and the busses. We also have the Metra that goes to the suburbs (with a few stops within city limits). 

For some reason I can't muster the gumption to ask anyone to give up their seat for me. I do try to offer my seat (when I'm not pregnant) to elderly and disabled though. Public transit is like a lawless place. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I figured CTA was some sort of train system.  In Boston we have the T, so I just assumed, but couldnt remember where you were from, to put the letters together!  I also like to give up my seat when I can, but I just never realized that it would happen so infrequently for me.  I think its happened twice.  Though my favorite is when other women let me cut them in a bathroom line! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @DeansGirl14 when I lived in Chicago and took the el everyday, I noticed that everyone was lifeless zombies that were zoned into their phones. The would have an empty seat by them but wouldn't move their bags! i always gave up my seat to elderly, disabled, pregnant, or parents with children. It always bothered me that others wouldn't do the same! I bet it's really bad right now with the Taste of Chicago! 
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I feel you on the el...I get on the brown right after it comes through the loop to go home, it is always packed. If there is another train w/in 4 mins I wait b/c it is almost always less crowded. But, I am on it for almost 45mins and some days people are great, others I don't get a seat until 20+mins in because enough people get off. The other day some guy literally cut in front of me at the doors to get on first and take the last seat. Ugh packed public transit.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Twat of the week is my anxiety / depression/ mother.  After this weekend's episode with my mom the anxiety/ depression has really amped up 200%. Having a bit of a hard time controlling it and really sort of annoyed by everyone around me. I really hate that my mother can push my buttons like this.  It doesn't help that she was suppose to come help me get some of the house in order, but I am still so angry I can't even talk to her.  I should probably "get over it" as my sister and father suggested it, but can't for somereason.  Trying to avoid meds, but can't seem to shake to stupid headspace I'm in.    

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @littlebug2010

I probably would have lost it on the guy.  Kudos to you for apolozing in the first place.  

As I was walking into the grocery store the other day I had an older (60 ish) gentleman who was walking behind me complain that some people "walk too slow".  I stopped abruptly, and turned around to show him my huge belly all while telling him he could "f-himself" under my breath.  Not onky did he not apologize, but he demanded to know what I had said to him.  I just turned and walked away.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Lauradi1010 I was probably more sarcastic in tone, but I get super flustered when I get put into situations like this, and can never think of what to say. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @littlebug2010,

Normally I would have been flustered and stunned, but I was having a bad day and it just slipped out.  Had I not been upset over other stuff I probably would have bust into tears as well.  Gotta love pregnancy hormones.  I almost never know what to say in awkward situations.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Lauradi1010 Bursting into tears is always a concern of mine! Im a bit surprised I didnt in that moment, but I was also pretty focused on ice cream! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    My husband is the twat today. He drove my car yesterday and now I can't find my keys. I checked all the usual spots and even called him for more suggestions--no dice. I had to ask a coworker for a ride to a meeting and might have to do the same tomorrow if the keys still aren't found. I guess I'm a side-twat because I kept putting off making a spare key for my car. I'm certainly paying for it now. Guess it's a rest and watch Netflix day since I can't go anywhere now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @SpotConlon that is rough! 
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    The twats are my neighbors who are out on their porch loudly talking and laughing. Woke us up but DH fell right back to sleep. An hour later, I ended up going outside to tell them to be quiet. Our complex has rules about things like this but it's never been a problem in the almost 3 years we've lived here. Now I'm up reading in the living room

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited July 2017
    A little late, but my SIL was the TW. She and MIL stayed with us over the weekend, and helped themselves to ice cream. SIL ate my flavor, and yesterday I discovered she left me with less than a scoop. Not cool, girl. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @MrsVP614 oh hell no!!!! 
  • Options
    I know it's not Tuesday, but I guess it's twat Thursday. DS had his followup for his tubes today and I almost punched someone at the ENT. They also have allergists on staff and the girl in front of us was getting some testing done. She appeared to be in her mid 20s. Apparently she had around $700 left before she met her deductible and was freaking out when they tell her what she owes. So she calls her mom up there. They tell her they can work out a payment plan and to just pay whatever she can afford today. Great. But no, she has to stand there and have the receptionist explain how a deductible works and the process of her payment plan being worked out, interest details, etc. Meanwhile, I'm standing behind them 36 weeks pregnant with a 32 pound half asleep toddler in my arms. They're taking up all the counter space with their giant designer bags so I can't even lean on the counter. Just please move out of the way and let me take 2 seconds to check in so I can sit down. They also parked in a space next to me when there were plenty of others and I had deliberately parked there so I didn't hit anyone's door getting DS out. Please move your giant 4 door jeep elsewhere. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @SouthernMama15 I hate people and their billing questions! Just call the office like every other normal person! 
  • Options
    @tova24 I can understand because she was there for an appointment and probably felt blindsided, however, please ask to speak someone in billing. There was a woman being very rude to the new receptionist at my OB appointment yesterday and I'm just done with people having that sort of attitude. Do they really think the receptionist is the one who comes up with pricing or policies? 
  • Options
    @tova24 and @SouthernMama15 I hate it when people are rude at the doctors office.  My mom used to be one of those receptionists, and I just cant imagine yelling at someone who most likely cant do anything for you.  My mom doesnt work front of house anymore, but she has had to go defuse situations all the time because people get pissed.  She worked at the x-ray/imaging department at the local hospital. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 it just reinforces my opinion that everyone should work a public job just once. I worked in the service department of a car dealership once and while my title was cashier, I also scheduled appointments, handled loaner cars for warranty work, helped with parts sales, and lots of other stuff. People used to cuss me up and down about the pricing or how long it took for repairs. Not my only public or customer service job, but definitely the one where I put up with the most crap. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @SouthernMama15 I worked for a plastic surgeon as his admin and did scheduling. I literally have seen it all and heard it all! Once I even saw a patient's skull (his staples had popped ). That job taught me so many lessons 
  • Options
    My mom is a medical claims attorney so she essentially goes after insurance companies etc when they don't pay and are supposed to. The billing issues I have heard or the run around people are given and the lack of understanding on clients parts is just crazy. Half her job is explaining to her clients what they are being billed for, what codes mean, who they need to talk to and talking to billing depts. She hates how people treat everyone at the Drs offices b/c it honestly has very little to do with them. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I know it's Friday, but the driver who parked so far over the line this morning at the hospital parking garage making it impossible for me to get into the driver's side even if I was a size 0 is a huge twat.  I specifically parked in a spot where there were no cars on either side of me and the garage wasn't that full first thing in the morning.  To come out of my appointment and have to squeeze into the passenger side of my car and then climb over the seat wasn't something that I was expecting to do today.  I also had to squeeze around the front of my car to push the twat's side view mirror in because I would've knocked at least one of our mirrors off by pulling out.  If you can't fit in a spot, don't park there.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers