Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread- Week of July 10th

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread- Week of July 10th

• Welcome @mrspeeweesmom I hope your stay here is short :) Believe me, you are not alone when it comes to the realization that it's actually harder to get KU than you're led to believe in school.  I symptom spotted hardcore before joining, I still do to an extent, but *usually* am more realistic now :blush: 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • kmallskmalls member
    @mrspeeweesmom - welcome! I feel you on alllll of this. TTC is hard. Hopefully your stay here is short!! 

Also, my husband and I lived with my parents while our house was being renovated. That shit is stressful. I hope your finish line is in sight! 
  • Welcome! @mrspeeweesmom, I totally hear you on realizing this is all more complicated than I'd been led to believe! I'm kind of grumpy I spent so many years being paranoid about preventing pregnancy. I definitely find charting temps to be helpful. The more data, the better!
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @mrspeeweesmom.  Hahahha, Mean Girls for the win!  Pretty sure Health Class made,it out to be if you let a boy so much as look at you, your be knocked up :(  
  • Welcome @repratt1! I'm also a fantasy book fan. What are some of your favorite series?
  • repratt1repratt1 member
    edited July 2017
    @darkstar42 The Wheel of Time is my life! LOL! I have also enjoyed the Game of Thrones series (before it was a tv show. I'm hipster like that), and the Stormlight Archives.
  • darkstar42darkstar42 member
    edited July 2017
    @repratt1 I haven't read Wheel of Time, but I love Game of Thrones (of course before it was a tv show!) and the Stormlight Archives. I'm a huge Brandon Sanderson fan in general. I also love Neil Gaiman's work, and I've been enjoying the new American Gods tv series.
  • @darkstar42 so good to know a fellow fantasy lover! Did you know Brandon Sanderson completed the last two books of the Wheel of Time series after Robert Jordan died? You've got to read it!  It's the only thing keeping me sane right now, since I'm on summer break and have nothing to do. I'm currently on my 6th reread of the series! (I don't know whether to be proud of that or not)
  • @repratt1 I didn't know that! I'll definitely have to look into it. I'm on summer break too (college professor) and reading definitely helps keep me sane! Currently reading the Liveship Traders trilogy by Robin Hobb. I highly recommend her if you haven't already read them! Start with Assassin's Apprentice. :smile: Also, your wife's job sounds pretty awesome! Do you get free beer as a perk?
  • @repratt1 @darkstar42 I too liked GoT before it was cool.  (Does anybody else get a little annoyed when something moderately unknown that you love becomes uber popular?) And my aunt suggested Wheel of Time to me. I'll have to order a sample on my kindle. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @darkstar42 @repratt1 I devoured the Assassin's Apprentice series and +1 that rec even though I hated it by the end. Have either of you read A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab? I just finished it and have lots of thoughts. 
  • @darkstar42 All the free beer we can drink! I count it as part of her salary since we save so much money on beer each month! I will definitely have to check out Assasins Apprentice. I'm always looking for a new good read. Thanks!
  • @looeeze I haven't read that one. I'll add it to my list! I had no idea posting today would get me so many good recommendations!

@becausescience Yes, I get annoyed by that too, but at the same time, have really enjoyed the tv series. :p I think someone has bought the rights to WOT to create some sort of on-screen adventure, so you might want to get on with reading that one before it gets cool, too!
  • @looeeze I haven't read that! I'll have to add it to the list. Thanks for the rec!
    @becausescience I hear you on the annoyance when an unknown becomes trendy. I need this t-shirt to reflect my hipster-ness.
  • @repratt1 @darkstar42 Be forewarned, I didn't say I liked it ;) But it's gotten sooo many good reviews that it's probably worth a read. If you do, let me know! 
  • @acunamatada I'm so sorry for your loss. GL in your TTC journey!
    @repratt1 @darkstar42 I was thinking the same thing about free beer! 
  • Ages (you and SO): I am 24 and husband is 25 on Thursday!

How many months have you been TTC?: This month will have been the first month of actively trying but we have been off any kind of birth prevention methods for about 6 months.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? : having sex. Haha, I've been charting cycles since I was in my late teens so we are going by when my app says I ovulate and I worked for baby #1! 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have one daughter named Scout, a cat named Cecil, I stay at home with my daughter and my husband works in law enforcement, I love painting, sewing, makeup, IPAs, reading, crocheting, and karaoke.

• klpv415klpv415 member
    edited July 2017

@kmalls I’m slowly dyyyyying. Luckily, we SHOULD be moving into our new place next weekend, if not the following at the absolute latest. If not, I’m taking a sleeping bag and going to start sleeping on the floor over there.

@malaki1418 Good luck with the timing! That sounds super stressful.

@darkstar42 I definitely spent way too much time being paranoid about pregnancy when I was younger. Boooooooo. 

@cm716 Happy birthday! I vote for dirty thirty ;)  I’m definitely turning into the crazy googling person…

@lumosnox1 Good luck with the IUI process! What are you going to school for?

@jrm_14 Right?!? I was even privy to that urban legend where a girl was on birth control but got pregnant and the baby came out holding the birth control pill :expressionless:

@June2016BabyW I LOL’d about your dogs. I’m certain mine behave the exact same way if/when we bring a child into the home haha.

@acunamatada So sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck with starting the next cycle.

@repratt1 FREE BEER WHAT?! Let’s be friends :grin:

• @mrspeeweesmom I am going for a bachelors in sociology. Looking forward to getting started so I can get finished haha. And I feel you on being misled about how easy it is to get pregnant. High school health class should be a little more realistic in what they teach
  • Welcome @glitzandglitter! What are you studying in grad school? I'm two years out from grad school at this point, and also a huge Harry Potter fan. I'm reading The Cursed Child right now and I have... mixed feelings.
  • Welcome @glitzandglitter !  Another recent grad student and Harry Potter fan here! 
  • @darkstar42 - Thank you for the welcome. I am getting a masters in education. I have a little bit left this semester and then I am done in December :) I haven't read The Cursed Child yet - you will have to tell me if it is worth keeping on my to read list or not.

@wisewitch222 - Thank you :) What did you get your masters in?

@looeeze - lol sounds good to me!
  • @glitzandglitter Awesome! It must feel good to have the finish line in sight.

@looeeze A HP-themed GTKY thread sounds good to me!
  • Yay @glitzandglitter! Welcome!! 
    (TW--How old are your boys?)
  • @dukestar5 - they are 10 (almost 11) 5 and 3 :)
  • cm716cm716 member
    edited July 2017
    @glitzandglitter *tw
    we're going for baby number four too!

Also I fully support anything harry potter!
  • Hey there new folks! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

I had to bust in here with all this Harry Potter talk (we DEFINITELY need a Harry Potter GTKY). I LOVED the Cursed Child. I think the story really stands on its own outside of the HP universe. However, you have to take into consideration that it is a play. If you don't like reading plays, you may not enjoy it. That seemed to be the dividing line among my friends. My theatre friends loved it, everyone else not so much. I would love to hear your thoughts, @darkstar42!