December 2017 Moms

Randoms 7/6 - ???

Me: 29  DH: 31
Married 10/13/12
TTC Since 8/2016

Re: Randoms 7/6 - ???

• I failed my 1hr glucose test last week so I'm sitting at my OB's office now going through the 3 hour test. I feel like hell, my head hurts and I'm starving.

Yet I still feel like this is a better option than being at work! 
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • thatlauragirl FFTC? I didn't really mind the 3 hour test with DS. They put me in a room that had a comfy chair and I had a book - it was kind of relaxing! But the lab messed up my blood samples and I had to do it a SECOND time. I didn't feel the same way the second time haha.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Lol, I would rage against the machine if I had to repeat it again!!! But, yeah, I can think of worse ways to spend a Thursday morning than sitting on a couch playing with my phone and reading magazines!!
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*

• I'm ready for my steak siggy (from baby sizer) to go away. It's boring and doesn't even look appealing. Two more days!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • We don't eat steak often, but luckily I don't think DH knows the meat rule (otherwise he'd be like, "Everything you eat must be burned to a crisp!" because he's nuts). He grilled burgers on the 4th and asked if I was okay with pink and I was like, "Sure am!"
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared not-well-done burgers are NOT a thing in Canada and I honestly just cannot comprehend it. I mean this is coming from a girl who ALWAYS orders the steak tar tar and likes my filet mooing. But rare ground beef? Something about it just makes me gaggy! I thought it was unsafe for even the general public? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak It's basically just less dry than a well-done burger. There's no raw ground beef texture or anything.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @kvacmak there is some greater risk of e. coli with ground meat, so in a lot of fast food places and some restaurants, you can't get burgers less than well done. Most people I know eat their burgers med. rare or at least some pink when they cook them at home or at restaurants that will allow you to cook them that way. (me, I'm not into red meat, so I don't eat burgers.) Most people I know don't worry about it much; the biggest scare over burgers was mad cow (which was never really an issue in the US anyway) and then it doesn't matter how much you cook it. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • i love pizza and i love that gif. OMG just thinking about it makes me want pizza ASAP lol

my random is my landlord is the cheapest person of all time. she has a huge 3 bedroom 3 bath house in the fancy part of town yet continously plays the victim. we moved in on 6/30 the lawn wasnt moved, the built in microwave does not turn on, their huge gross stains on the upstairs carpet, we dont have keys to all the doors (including the front door!) and the baseboards and walls have chipped paint and huge marks/stains on them. her excuse is that she is a stay at home mom  and not a professional landlord. even worse her husband just sent me an email saying that he was too busy to respond to my emails or call his handyman or make keys or mow the lawn because he is an important lawyer with an important case this week.

ugh im so annoyed.

my other random is that ive been getting the same headache everyday on the dot at 330 - 430 pm since i turned 14 weeks LOL
    wtf 
  • My natural deodorant kept up very well (Native brand) pre-pregnancy, but isn't cutting it for the constant 100+ weather here in central TX. Any recommendations for non-aluminum, paraben free deodorant that can take the heat+preggers hormones?
  • Incredibly happy for you, @flowerpower5838!!!
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*

• @flowerpower5838 - What a relief!! So happy to hear you got good news!

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  •  It's early in the season but this is shaping up to be the best Big Brother season in a LONG time.  Like, since Janelle's season.
  • So maybe a little tmi but I haven't been able to poop for a week and my husband thinks it's hilarious.... I wanna punch him. 
  • My Friday morning random is that elastic waistbands are the best.thing.ever!! It's really a pity that only small children, pregnant women and the geriatric crowd get to enjoy them.
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*

• @kater622 DH and I have tickets to Incubus in a couple weeks, but we've been thinking about selling them. I'm just not sure I'll be able to enjoy it for 3 reasons... 1.) my constant, unending bathroom needs (and how much I despise public bathrooms), 2.) the fact that it's in the middle of the week and we're trying to save our PTO for December, and 3.) that the venue doesn't allow even small purses (I have needs!). But I'm super bummed because I LOVED Incubus in high school and was so excited when I bough the tickets (before the BFP).
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• tamaraaaa said:
     It's early in the season but this is shaping up to be the best Big Brother season in a LONG time.  Like, since Janelle's season. 

Stuck in the box... I agree, it's been nutso!
  • tamaraaaa  I am LOVING this season of Big Brother! 
    MJDsquared  - I loved steak before BFP, now I can't even stand the smell of it, it's the only food aversion I have this time around, so I wasn't loving that  ticker when I was 14 weeks either!  
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • @djd0404 That is a bummer! I can't believe the venue won't allow a small purse or bag, that seems pretty unreasonable! I almost didn't buy tickets for the show because I figured I wouldn't have that much fun being pregnant. But we went to a Jimmy Buffet concert at the same venue last month and I actually had a blast. I made sure to nap and stay hydrated throughout the day, so I wouldn't have to drink a lot of water (and pee!) during the show. After that concert I went home and bought the Incubus tickets. I saw them a few years ago and it was one of those moments I will never forget!
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think my cubicle neighbor wiped down her desk with a Clorox wipe and the smell is really getting to me (not making me sick, but it's just super strong and unpleasant). That's never happened to me before.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • failuretoflyfailuretofly member
    edited July 2017
    @SierraGood your husband is mean. If I go like 2 days I want to cry. I feel for you!! 

@kater622 when I was pregnant with DS we got tickets to Foo Fighters. DH actually stood in line for 4 hours to get them. Then he ended up being out of town when the show arrived... and my pregnant emotional self couldn't comprehend going without him, so we sold the tickets and I still regret it. It was an amazing show.

ETA
    My random is I am so surprised to figure out I can see baby move from the outside already!!! I have to be in the perfect position with the perfect lighting but it's definitely baby!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @MJDsquared I've been having weird smell aversions like that too.  Clean fresh sanitary smells that shouldn't bother me make me want to scream.  I especially hate my deodorant and my Mrs. Meyers hand soap right now.  

• MandaynoMandayno member
    edited July 2017
    @tamaraaaa I could talk Big Brother all day! HUGE fan and so excited about this season!!!!!!!!!!! 1) Raven drives me crazy, 2) I can't stand how fake Jessica is, 3) Paul is a rockstar!!

Who is your all time favorite and all time hated?
    My favorite: Jordan
    My Hated: Rachel

Edit to add what I forgot.

• @Mandayno I totally agree with all your points.  I like Matt so it's annoying me he's in a showmance with Raven.

Jordan (and Jeff) are my all time favorites too! I definitely didn't like Rachel, but not sure if she's my all time hated.
  • NME44NME44 member
    @kvacmak, I felt a kick from the outside yesterday that I couldn't feel from the inside. Apparently my placenta is anterior and to the right side. I was shocked.

my random is that we never did FFFC you guys.
  • Favorite ever is Janelle, for sure.

I didn't watch Rachel's season, so I missed all that fun... There were only two or three seasons I've ever missed but that was one.  I'll have to think about my most hated.

Raven is annoying but I don't see any of these showmances lasting at all.   WAY too early!  I like Matt and Mark, and I think they'll jump the Cody ship fairly easy since they are both nice to everyone.  Hate Cody, still haven't forgotten about how terrible Josh is either.  I wish I could see Jessica in the house without Cody, because with him she's a nightmare but I think she's kinda stuck now.  Otherwise I like everyone else-it's a great mix of normal people this year that just kinda works.  
  • @tamaraaaa you are so right about Jessica!! She COULD potentially be a good player but I think screwed her game for being so committed to Cody this early. I mean guys, three showmamces from week one??? No way they won't last!!! The girls are crazy for aligning so early, but I think they intentionally did it to try to be power couples like jeff and Jordan or Brendan and Rachel. Makes me crazy because I love like Alex who is an "outsider" because she's not a power couple!!!! 

@TigerCakes I'm also with you on Matt. I like him and he seems like a good guy but I Raven just ruins him  hahaha

• @eazybreezy225 nnnoooooo.  that ain't right. bahahahaha 
  • I booked tickets for the Metallica next month back in Feb. Now DH thinks I should not go since he is worried that the baby's hearing could be impacted by the loud music. 
  • @yodalsgreen haha you'll be fine. If you're not, then I'm DEFINITELY not, because I'm seeing them in August lol
  • When I was pregnant with my daughter I owned a cheerleading gym.  Between the loud, terrible music daily and jumping around at competitions for my entire pregnancy it's a miracle she's (semi) normal.
  • Oh man, I just remembered I'm going to Lady Gaga in August and can't drink.   :'(