November 2017 Moms

Nursery/ Guest Room Ideas

Anyone have any nursery/guest room ideas?

We will be moving in to a 3 bedroom house soon,  My first DD will be 5 when our second DD is born. I plan on having them sharing a room in the future, but not for another 1 1/2 or so.  

My plan is to have the baby in me an SO's room for the first couple of months then transition her into the nursery/guest room until 1 1/2 or 2. during this time if we have overnight guest the baby will stay in our room. And eventually I will have the girls share a room and use the extra room as a guest room/ den.

We will be living 2 hours away from family, so often when they come to visit they will be spending the night

Long story short, I need ideas. When I look on Pinterest it's mostly guestrooms with a crib thrown in. Anyone have any inspiration pics or actual pics? 

Thanks in advance!smile

<3 

Re: Nursery/ Guest Room Ideas

• Is a murphy bed an option for the space? Sometimes you can look on Pinterest for space saving furniture and find all kinds of clever ideas.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm in the same boat. We only have 2 rooms so guest room and nursery will be one and the same. We're also 2 hours from family. As of now I'm planning on using the front half of the room for baby and the back half for guests. We have a blow up in there right now since our guest bed is in storage..

I haven't decided if I want to try to split it up and make it 2 different spaces - use the decor we had in our old guest room for the back side and use new decor for the nursery or try to combine the 2? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ariasbabyblog I'm thinking of doing a full size day bed and decorate it with pillows so it looks more couch like
     <3 
  • @kaitlinliz does the old decor match the nursery colors. I would try to tie everything together 
     <3 
  • Not really looking to divide the space, just want it to flow together, I think a daybed or pull out couch will be the best route.  
     <3 
  • I would love something like this but they are pretty pricey 
     <3 
  • @BrooklynMommy83 no lol! Guest room was black and red (Rutgers University colors) and the nursery is gonna be beach themed but we're looking at turquoise and yellow. I just think those 2 colors for the guest side is too kiddie 
  • @kaitlinliz I definitely think the beach them could be combined for both spaces, maybe using a cream, beige and turquoise color scheme on the guestroom side.

<3 
  • @BrooklynMommy83 that photos so pretty! The bed we have is black but can totally be downplayed by a bedspread. Do you think the yellow in the nursery would look out of place with the beige and cream in the guest part tho? I don't want it to look like we just threw it together. Especially since people will be staying with us once baby comes