July 2017 Moms

Baby books/memory books

I did a search but couldn't find anything relevant. Baby girl is a week old, and I need to get her a baby book/memory book! DS's was gifted to me, and I love it. It's Curious George and each page has pockets for keepsakes.  I also make photobooks, but I am seeking something a little more traditional, meantime. 

I have searched the Internet, Amazon, Etsy, etc. high and low, and can't find the perfect thing. Help a mama out! 

What baby books are you all using for your kids and LOs? Recommendations, please and thanks?!

Re: Baby books/memory books

• We haven't bought an official baby book yet. But we bought a calendar from Hallmark. I don't know how good I'll be at keeping up with completing a book, but the calendar has stickers for big events (first smile, first dr appointment, first ... whatever). And then each monthly page has a section to fill out something quick. H wants an actual book so we'll probably get one eventually. 
  • A few weeks ago I sat at Barnes & Noble for an hour, looking through every book they had!  I bought the Le Petit Baby Book (on Amazon, where it's $10 cheaper).  I loved the illustrations and its pretty simplistic.  Which I think will be a good thing.  I want a calendar too, like @ginger1228 mentioned.  My mom and I looked through mine, and she said it was so much easier to manage than the book.  It also helped when she looked back at the book to remember what happened and when.  I think this one is really cute.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved the Hugs and Kisses XO for my first two, but have been terrible about keeping it up after 18mos, so I haven't decided yet for this little lady. The pages are adorably simple though, asking for just the right amount of info
  • I bought a Carter's one for DS and now another for this LO (both at babies r us). I am bad at keeping it up to date, though, so one of my projects this week's is to scroll through my Facebook needed and fill in the gaps for DS's, and then get things started for hers.
  • This is the one that I registered for and got.  It's pretty basic but cute and easy to fill out.

She also had a birthday book (which I got) as a shower gift as well and I like it. 

ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• I didn't even think/know about this :( I'm going to order the Le petite it's so cute thanks for the recommendation @MrsMaggieMac15
  • This is the one that I registered for and got.  It's pretty basic but cute and easy to fill out.

She also had a birthday book (which I got) as a shower gift as well and I like it. 

I have the belly book version to this and it is very cute.   I never filled it out though  :D

I have the belly book version to this and it is very cute.   I never filled it out though  :D
    I have the Belly Book, too...and the Bride to Be book.  I am not good at pictures or scrapbooking or remembering anything but these books make it easy.  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Lurking here from September, sorry but I love my baby books so much I had to share. 

I have this one for my traditional baby book and I love it! www.mushybooks.ca
    I also have this journal which is a complete childhood with prompts for pregnancy up to age 18! 
    https://promptly-journals.myshopify.com/
  • We bought a CR Gibson First 5 Years book from Buy Buy Baby (also on Amazon for the same-ish price). It felt like a good balance between details we wanted to keep track of vs the amount of maintenance we are willing to put in. It's also a 3 ring binder, so we can add/remove pages as needed. 
  • I bought a typical baby book from Hallmark again. I was pretty good about filling it out until 10ish months. Then I started using a text service, Queepsake, that texts a question about my son and stores my answer. I now get the questions through Facebook Messenger, so they're daily (and the service stays free), but I don't usually answer every day. 
  • @ljd2010 That's cool.  Does it have the ability to turn all those answers into a book?
  • It's not a book exactly, but I'm really enjoying Tinybeans app. I've added all my family and some friends to it, and I can privately post as many pictures as I want, and everyone on the list gets them at the same time rather than me emailing multiple different people. Plus I can set people to be able to contribute their pictures as well so it ends up being a big collection of everyone's photos, all sorted by date. It's been really convenient. 

Plus they seem to have a partnership with MixBook where you can take those photos and easily make them into a photo book at a later date. 

I hope this doesn't come across as just a sales pitch, I'm usually somewhat more eloquent when I haven't been up with a 9-day old all night. Anyway, if anyone is seriously interested, you can use my referral code and we both get a month of Premium for free (not that I've found so far that I even need premium)

https://tinybeans.app.link/JN85UDpXZz?referralCode=EGR6M7
  • @chiquita928 Yes! I'm not sure if it's a one-time fee or comes with a paid service, but there's a way to make the entries into a book you can order. Also, I spelled it wrong before. It's qeepsake. 
  • I use the app Lifecake for pictures! It's free and sends comparison pics every few months. You can also make books from the pics too!
  • edited July 2017
    This is so awesome, ladies - thank you!!

I was deciding between the book @SquirttheTurtle  recommended and Le Petit Baby Book. I ended up getting Le Petit. 

I have sent ~daily emails to my son's grandparents since he was born, with photos and a little anecdote. (We live abroad so it's a way to keep everyone connected.) We have always bemoaned that you can't easily turn these emails into a book...so I am so excited to look into qeepsake and Tiny Beans. Thank you!!

ETA: I didn't realize the book had arrived already. My mother handed it to me after this post. I may be a little dumb sometimes, but La Petit Baby Book is not petite! It's fairly heavy and full of lots of info. I absolutely adore it - but it's way more detailed than DS's basic book. 
    Gonna take a nap and then start working on it. Can't wait!!
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I was just going to ask that you let us know what you think when you got it.   Thanks for updating us! I totally want to do a baby book this time around.
  • Shit- I forgot all about this...
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• I got this one as a gift: https://smile.amazon.com/C-R-Gibson-Milestones-Beautifully-Illustrated/dp/B00HWIWRSQ

It's very pretty.  Probably more detail than I planned, but it's cute and highly customizable.  It also takes standard 8.5 x 11 pages so I can easily add extra pages of photos if I want.  I'm sad the "extra" pages included are just white blank pages, rather than the colored pages that match the book.  They sell extra sheet protector pages that fit in the book too.

I can post pics of some of the inside pages if anyone is interested.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I was just going to ask that you let us know what you think when you got it.   Thanks for updating us! I totally want to do a baby book this time around.
    I started working on it yesterday and really love it! I also went back to DS's pretty bare bones book...and realize that I wrote in a lot of details that this Petit Baby Book covers. So the level of detail is perfect for me this time.

It's pretty out of character for me to be so sentimental but I love remembering these details. Flipping through DS's book made me realize how much I have already forgotten - and he's only 2! It's so nice to have a written record of all the adorable things that DS (and DH!) have said and done along the way. 
  • Mine came in yesterday aswell (le petit) and I love it! It's so cute, detailed and easy! Can't wait to fill it up:)