February 2018 Moms
Options

Moms of multiples!!!

2»

Re: Moms of multiples!!!

• Options
    we lost our twins sons at 19 weeks 3 years ago( from this Friday) and we also have a 2 year old son. our first set of twins were also di di
    this is so exciting!!!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only onw! I'm definitely up for a weekly check in! 
    congrats!!!
  • Options
    we lost our twins sons at 19 weeks 3 years ago( from this Friday) and we also have a 2 year old son. our first set of twins were also di di
    this is so exciting!!!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only onw! I'm definitely up for a weekly check in! 
    congrats!!!
    I'm so sorry for your loss. And praying for healthy twin pregnancies for us both! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    congrats!!!
    I'm so sorry for your loss. And praying for healthy twin pregnancies for us both! 
    thank you! I have been trying to look at it more as meant to be. we are meant to be the parents of twins! 
    I am definitely still in shock that there's 2 babies!
    we are telling our family on friday!
  • Options
    I found out this morning at our first ultrasound we are having twins too! I am 5w4d with di di
    this is our second set of twins
    Congratulations!!!! 
  • Options
    @Karissa764 congrats!! im sorry to hear about your previous loss.  What does "di/di" mean? 
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    @Karissa764 omg wow! Second set of twins!! How amazing! Congrats
  • Options
    Ashoes123 said:
    @Karissa764 congrats!! im sorry to hear about your previous loss.  What does "di/di" mean? 
    dizygotic means two sets of everything..fancy way of saying fraternal twins lol 
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    Congrats @meatball37 and @Karissa764!!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    starla said:
    Congrats @meatball37 and @Karissa764!!
    thank you!!
  • Options
    meglw99 said:
    I am pregnant with twins too! :) they're fraternal. 
    Congrats! Yay to the three of us! 
  • Options
    Thank you!! Congrats to you too! Looks like yalls were natural? Mine are from Ivf. My first transfer we transferred 1 embryo but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so this transfer we transferred 2! I am still shocked after infertility for so long. 
  • Options
    meglw99 said:
    Thank you!! Congrats to you too! Looks like yalls were natural? Mine are from Ivf. My first transfer we transferred 1 embryo but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so this transfer we transferred 2! I am still shocked after infertility for so long. 
    congrats! yay for there being 3 of us now!!
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    Congrats @seltzerinstead!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    congrats @seltzerinstead !!!! I was in shock too! enjoy every second!
  • Options
    Congrats @seltzerinstead!! Did you have any thought that you were pregnant with twins!? 
  • Options
    Thanks y'all. Well I did say to my husband a couple of times "what if" and I'm 34 so I knew there was a higher chance. Was super surprised when they said they are prob identical! 
  • Options
    @seltzerinstead congrats! I'm due 2/10 but staying on the feb board. Mostly because when the babies are here, and we start a fb group, their milestones will still match up with their birth date. We had plenty of women on my last board deliver a month early (one even three months early). Just food for thought. 
  • Options
    How are all the twin mamas doing this week? Do y'all know how sure they can be about identical vs fraternal twins at a 10w US? Our sonographer sounded pretty confident that ours are identical but still curious. Not that it matters much, 2 babies at once are still 2 babies at once! I have another US and first bloodwork in 11 days at 12w, and am so excited to see the twins again! Still can't believe it
  • Options
    How are all the twin mamas doing this week? Do y'all know how sure they can be about identical vs fraternal twins at a 10w US? Our sonographer sounded pretty confident that ours are identical but still curious. Not that it matters much, 2 babies at once are still 2 babies at once! I have another US and first bloodwork in 11 days at 12w, and am so excited to see the twins again! Still can't believe it
    They seemed pretty positive that ours were identical. I do think it matters in terms of early delivery. With identical twins, since they share the same placenta, they typically don't let you go beyond 36-37 weeks due to placenta deterioration. 
  • Options
    Singleton this time, but with my twins, the US showed everything completely separate - amniotic sacs, placentas.  The doctor said 95% chance they are fraternal.  They could've separated almost immediately and actually be identical twins, but extremely unlikely.  These girls came out looking exactly alike.  I painted their toenails when they were little to tell them apart.  Actually, they were so tiny at first, I only painted their "big" toenails.  They were color coded.  I still don't know for sure if they are identical or fraternal and they are 11 years old.  There was no medical reason for insurance to pay for a genetic test.  My ex thinks fraternal.  I think identical.  They are within 1/2 inch in height and only a couple pounds different.
  • Options
    Hi all, I've been MIA from the forum lately, life has been crazy. At my 7,8 and 9 week u/s there was only one but at my 12 week they found a second. Most likely not viable, measuring WAY behind the other and no heartbeat so not a twin pregnancy according to my OB but part of me is wondering what my 18 week u/s will show. Congrats to you all, I look forward to reading how the rest of your pregnancies go :-)
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    Thanks. @meatball37 starting to worry about all the increased risks with twins and extra problems that come with preterm birth. 

@olitwinturbosnprincess that is super interesting. How many weeks were you when you delivered your twins?
  • Options
    @seltzerinstead  I made it to 37 weeks.  (A little pre-term labor at 25 weeks, but got that under control and no restrictions after.)  They were considered full term, but so tiny.  Just a bit over 5 lbs each.  They looked like little skeletons with none of that 40 week baby chubbiness.  One had trouble keeping her temperature up, so we did skin to skin and she did great.