December 2017 Moms

GTKY: What were you doing on your due date, last year?

So, I was scrolling through pictures on Facebook looking for DD's smash cake pictures to share in the UO thread when I came across a picture I posted on my due date last year. I thought it might be fun to think back or maybe share pictures, if you're comfortable with that? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY: What were you doing on your due date, last year?

• Loading the player...
  • NME44NME44 member
    Enjoying the day after my birthday? I was probably at work or something.
  • NME44NME44 member
    Didn't occur to me to look at my phone. I forgot we ran a freezing cold night 5K on my birthday, so we were just hanging around the house the next day. 
  • @flowerpower5838 Love the card! I think we were at our local Mexican restaurant a couple days before Christmas last year too, haha! 

@peachy13 So sorry to hear that. At least this year, that day will be much more joyful. 

@NME44 I didn't realize you were due the day after your birthday! My cousin was born on my uncle's birthday and her sisters son was ALMOST born that day too... He just came a few hours too soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • peachy13 Oh biggest of creepy internet hugs to you! 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @djd0404 That's awesome, on both counts! I used to drop some serious cash on a friend's kids because she was struggling financially through the holidays and it felt so good, knowing you're making someone's Christmas morning a little more special, even if you're not there to experience it with them. And I came in second place at my last ugly Christmas sweater party, pre-baby. Hell if I can find a picture of it though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • whiska said:
    I'm so excited for this Dec. 7 to possibly be gigantically pregnant in a very festive house, or cuddling my newborn next to the tree :love:  
    YASSS! I am beyond excited to have a little baby for my most "festive" time of year!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Christmas Eve, which means church service followed by Mexican food.  I'm bummed at the prospect of missing out this year.  Part of me secretly hopes baby comes a little early because I'd love to have a cozy, special holiday season with them versus spending it all in an anxiety cloud waiting to go into labor!
  • @ktcakes87 I hear that. I gained TWO lbs while I was pregnant with DD, after losing 30 lbs pre-pregnancy. I felt great and was super excited to continue losing weight while breastfeeding, so I could be nice and fit for baby #2. NOPE! I'm apparently one of the women who gain like crazy while BFing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was the Friday before Christmas so I was likely doing last minute shopping. Then I probably came home and enjoyed some adult beverages heh
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• sjissjis member
    DD was due on my birthday and I was having a pedicure and a lunch at a French cafe. But she decided to be two weeks late and waited right after the Broncos lost the Super Bowl to be born.
  • 12/18/16 was spent hanging out after DH''s company Christmas dinner... they guys get pretty heavy into the wine, so Sunday is usually just a lazy day to lounge and get ready for the holiday week!
  • @kirss I'm on mobile- not able to see your photo. Just says displaying Facebook jpg. Just FYI Would love to see the decor!
  • KirssKirss member
    @balletnerd I think I fixed it? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kirss, if that's second place, I MUST see first place. That's amazing! 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • KirssKirss member
    @ameliabedelia-2 I didn't take a pic of 1st place, but I'll tell you I was HOSED! I think she had her door wrapped in gold paper with a string of lights, and she made a mail box that had candy in it, and when you opened it it had a monotone Christmas carol playing, think 2000 ringtone. Also, I found out that a lot of people I work with have zero knowledge of A Christmas Story, and I felt super pervy for having a leg in fishnets strapped to my door. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My photos tell me I went to barre class, snuggled with my puppies, and teased my dog by making her think I was going to let her eat off my plate, but I definitely did not.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  •  :D These pictures are great, guys!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cait5413 I always get excited over any type of snow since it isn't a guarantee here either! Except the past few years we've randomly had gnarly snowstorms that leave us housebound for days... That gets old pretty fast.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared we had two instances of snow/frozen rain last year and I was so happy. I bundled up DD and took her outside to "play" in her first snow. She was like, "WTH, mom. It's cold out here." Of course, she was only about 4 months old, so I guess it wasn't that exciting. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017