UO Thursday 6/29

13»

Re: UO Thursday 6/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    edited June 2017
    Friends > BBT > Seinfeld

eta: I actually really dislike Seinfeld, but I've probably seen every episode. Love both friends and BBT
  • Options
    Currently on my TV: Seinfeld.  

I think Seinfeld is funnier than friends, but I think I enjoy Friends more overall.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    GraysonsMamaGraysonsMama member
    edited June 2017
     in general to many of the above posts, i think there's a HUGE difference between people whose feelings are hurt over a difference of perspectives verses people who are just mean to each other.  

@peachy13 i hate seinfield!!
    i love Friends and can rewatch forever. 

@splsmama2016 i agree about the rules. i could really give 2 shits if people post "dumb" things. i'm in some fb groups where people post US pics all the time and its never yelled at by other members. its just for fun. FUN. just like a lot of the other dumb shit we "approvingly" post about on these boards. 

UO..... when people say the bump is scientific/fans of science based knowledge. kaaay.

UO... I dont really find the board to be slow like a lot of people are saying. seems to have ebbs and flows to me.
    I think I may love you :blush:
  • Options
    Hahaha
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    But really we talk about gas and mother in laws and reality shows. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    sjissjis member
    Ok I'm a little late to this thread but Seinfeld all the way. I enjoy Friends like a nice hot cup of cocoa when I'm feeling nostalgic, but the content of Seinfeld is way more relatable and contemporary. Anyway, since Seinfeld ended I've also been a big fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David (co creator of Seinfeld) is hilarious!
  • Options
    So everyone talking about older boards having been better. Were they as structured as this one? I mean I get wanting to be organized but reading the "Read First" was like a not fun first day of school. Takes some spontaneity out of posting new stuff. I don't I was never bothered by 100 ultrasound posts on my other board. Its just people being excited. I guess all the rules feel against that kind of excitement. Meh.
  • Options
    @darkfyre The first day of school isn't supposed to be  fun. We're all still excited when people post in the Ultrasounda thread. This way, it's streamlined so there aren't 100 of the same exact thread. This way, we don't miss out on threads about losses or questions in the MOTN about other experiences when you're not getting a call back from the doctor quickly enough. And I don't really think anyone was talking about the boards of yore being better in terms of organization. The reason it's like this now is because of the sheer chaos that once was. I think they were better because there weren't as many SS's complaining about how mean everyone is, snark was on point, and admin was less ban happy. Not to sound rude, but if you're looking for spontaneity and excitement, a pregnancy board isn't really where you're going to find it. Maybe try a Facebook group? I know that me and the vast majority of the women here are looking for support and connections with women who are walking down the same path. We're still excited about the new ultrasound pictures, but none of us need a dedicated thread just for our little black and grey blobs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    On the TV topic, Seinfeld > Friends, but Curb Your Enthusiasm > Seinfeld. I never got into Friends. I guess that relates to my UO: I'm kind of a TV snob, especially when it comes to sitcoms. For a long time now, I hardly find any network TV sitcoms funny. They are predictable, cheesy, mostly commercials, just bleh. I feel like I lose brain cells watching them. I'm not opposed to mindless TV; I like some mindless reality TV. I don't know what it is...not my type of humor, I guess?

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    facetiousness. try typing that out ten times fast. LOL

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    /Meh whatever. It just seems overly top down for a social situation. (I have done a lot of boards over a lot of years this is a first that was quite this organized) I'll come to like it or not. But my point was there seems to be a lot of complaining about how lacking this board is and I was wondering if maybe that was a reason.

• Options
    @darkfyre - Additionally, if you look at other BMBs, they are just as structured (and some even more so) and they don't have run really smooth and don't have engagement problems.  This type of setup is pretty standard for The Bump's BMBs.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @flowerpower5838
    I agree with @vvitchhazel!! I like the organization, and it TOTALLY makes sense. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers