Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms! 6/26-30

Re: Weekday Randoms! 6/26-30

• millpemillpe member
    I'm just over here like country clubs have dress codes? News to me.. I don't think they are enforced at all where I live. I just thought being a member meant you golfed a lot - like a season pass? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19

• Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @fishsticks-n-custard yes! What a weird experience. We lived in a two bedroom, one bath house, and literally everyone else I knew had a house like on MTVs Cribs. Kids that age just assume everyone has as much money as they do, so they'd trash talk the idea of small houses or non-BMW cars, etc. I just refused to let anyone see my house. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 This is probably showing how old I am, but I got so much shit because I didn't have Doc Martins and I didn't wear umbros under my uniform skirt. The stupid crap we thought was important in middle school. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33

• @fishsticks-n-custard Thank you for reminding me umbros were a thing! (Yeah probably the same age as you.)
  • @mrsmiller8588 many will specify golf attire like polos, or specific types of shorts, or no jeans. I think it depends on how you use the word country club, though. We definitely just had like, I don't know, more like private community centers that had pools and tennis courts etc that were not dress code situations. But then there are like private country clubs with outrageous member fees, waitlists, etc. Usually, though, you can buy a day pass or something if you're visiting (for instance, we were going to go to Palm Springs, and DH wanted to try golf, but the golf courses he sees on tv are all at fancy fancy clubs with tons of dress code rules so he said nope, but then we couldn't even go at all so alas). 
  •  The things you guys are complaining about were a huge part of the reason for the mass exodus 2 years ago. It was a problem then and it seems to have gotten worse. Unfortunately, when you're in someone else's house you have to play by their rules and this is TB's house. 
  • kmallskmalls member
    LazyCrane said:
     The things you guys are complaining about were a huge part of the reason for the mass exodus 2 years ago. It was a problem then and it seems to have gotten worse. Unfortunately, when you're in someone else's house you have to play by their rules and this is TB's house. 
    All of this. I'm here because the site that was created due to the exodus sucks even more than TB. I haaaaate the rules here and the terrible, arbitrary enforcement of said rules, buttttt...unfortunately that's just what TB is now. It's a less shitty option among lots of shitty options. 
  • @fishsticks-n-custard lol we didn't have uniforms. And I've never heard of umbros. I'm trying to think what $$ things people were into.... I think it was mostly just a LOT of cheaper stuff honestly. Like they'd still shop at Wet Seal but just buy everything they wanted, and they didn't care if they lost an item or it got ruined. Oh! Juicy sweat suits. Oh god. Do you guys remember those? Terrible. Also a slutty Bebe phase? 
  • I definitely still have my knee high doc martens and never ever getting rid of them. 
  • @kbamomma33 Happy Birthday!!!
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vflux33 said:
    @LazyCrane That exodus makes much more sense to me this week than it did last week. I like the format just fine, but I'm here for the people and have no "loyalty" to TB. If it gets worse and other folks want to find a new home at some point I will definitely go with. 
    What happened to @loveindc happened overnight to dozens of people. And then the admins demodded almost everyone, gave no explanations for a while and weak explanations later. It's just what TB is. They are a business and can do what they want. No one really cares until it happens to their friends, but that day it happened to lots of people's friends at once and the ripple effect was thousands of people going elsewhere. 

After that is when the community got buried in the app, it used to be front and center. 
  • @kbamomma33 I hope it's a great one and I hope that YH's plans are super fun!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• I mean, I obviously don't think the new place sucked. But I also don't want to WK it and then get banned. I'm here for a reason too. 
  • @vflux33 I've thought that a few times - it's not the most, uh, informative website!
  • Also - @kbamomma33 - Happy birthday!!!

• @vflux33 @looeeze I too still have my doc martens, and FFWC?, I bought some new laces for them a couple of years ago "just in case". I haven't worn them in ages but you never know...it's strange to think I've had a pair of shoes for almost 20 years. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @vflux33 it's the same bs with the knot, from what I remember. The knot forums were like, don't be an a-hole, don't disinvite people or demote bridesmaids. And the knot articles were like, no you're a snowflake, WHAT MORE CAN YOU BUY? At least with pregnancy there are some limitations to the bad medical advice a website can provide lol. The articles are dumb, but I imagine some folks are new to TTC, new to internet research, new to forums, etc., and think they're the end all be all or something. Sigh. 
  • @kmalls No joke: About 2 years ago, my mom wanted me to clean out my stuff from her house and I found my hypercolor shirts. And for the record, she has moved 6 times since I was in middle school including one international move and SHE STILL HAD THEM.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33

• @doxiemoxie212 Yeah I wasn't on the knot for my wedding, but not surprised by that based on other things I've heard. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Like @vflux33, I wasn't on the knot for my wedding because we had such a simple one that all of the forums were pretty irrelevant... but yeah, I feel bad for people who are KU and have no clue so try and research and come across some of the stuff here
  • zwink1zwink1 member
    I just don't understand why reporting people who are in violation of TOU and then writing one word (if you must comment), "reported," is not a better way to handle MUD posts, pee stick posts, etc. I agree that clueless people should be politely redirected. I also think it's pretty easy to tell the difference. I think making a huuuuge deal about posts that are clearly nonsense or have already been addressed by like 20 people is clearly not worth it. 

And my point wasn't that we should complain about the UX, it was that it is dumb to complain about how admins deal with bannings. At the end of the day this is a forum site, and the admins are likely some 22-year-old random fool with 500 other job responsibilities. 

Obv everyone can make their own decisions, but we talk a lot about treating this board like friendships and conversations in real life, and if some crazy person came up to you and 50 of your friends with a weird question IRL, maybe 5 people would respond, max. It would never be a tidal wave of, "me too, me too, I'd like to ALSO explain how you've wronged me." 

I get that kiersten whatever might have been clueless, but there have been so many in the past few days that are cllleeaaarrrllllyyy MUD. The more people comment, the more the thread stays alive. Report. Comment on something else and push it off page 1. 
    I mean, I see what you're saying, and I rarely flame a post, especially if other ladies have already done it. That said, if something hurts someone or pisses them off, I still think it's worthwhile for them to say something. Sure, at times maybe a bit of mob mentality kicks in, and that should be contained. However, if I'm standing in a room with 50 of my friends and someone storms in and says something awful, more than 5 of my friends better say something or I need new friends. 

To the bolded, I completely agree with you, but that's why I think annoying the admins when they make a crappy decision is at least somewhat worthwhile. There is a real person making decisions behind that computer screen. If I make a crappy decision at my job, there are consequences and I have to clean up the mess. Maybe it doesn't change their behavior long term, but it probably at least puts a kink in their day. 

As for everything else about this app. I totally agree with everyone else! I have never even made more than a passing glance at anything other than the forums and i certainly wouldn't look to the site as a source for TTC info. 
  • I need to know...... is anyone else excited about BIG BROTHER starting tonight????

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @garnetandgoldgrace - I AM!!! It should be a good season!
  • @garnetandgoldgrace meeeeee!! Big brother is one of my favorite parts of summer!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @kiki75 I have thoughts about that yellow manicure every single time I see it. I hate it so much.  :(
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• Thanks for reminding me about Big Brother tonight! MH who usually gets the live feeds forgot it started tonight. Do y'all do the live feeds? I like to see the after dark stuff (hook ups I mean lol).

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @kbamomma33 Happy Birthday! You drink that wine, girl! Enjoy!
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• kmallskmalls member
    Ok, after seeing all the fuss about Big Brother here, I made DH watch tonight's episode with me. HOW DO PEOPLE WATCH THIS ALL SUMMER? It's like watching paint dry! I love me some bad reality tv, but shiiiit. It's SO bad! Am I missing something? Someone enlighten me!