July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @Potterphile It's like you took the exact words right out of my mouth, right down to owning a Juke!  :D
  • Options
    @Potterphile Wow, 200 mg in a small?? I would usually drink a L or XL normal coffee, and the frozen seems like mostly ice and sugar in comparison! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GlitterFish The frozen coffee does have less caffeine than their normal coffee. I'm pretty sure their small coffee which is 10 ounces has just over two hundred milligrams. The "cup of coffee "that the doctor says you're allowed to have is 8 to 10 ounces which is basically a damn thimble. 
  • Options
    +1 on not giving up on food. 
    +1 no alcohol though 

I never have coffee, maybe occasionally like three times a year max. I've had coffee a few times .. 9 months is almost the same as a year so I guess the ratio was the same .. but I did have matcha a few times a month! 
  • Options
    I've been pretty good about no caffeine. I'll drink decaf coffee occasionally; DH will sometimes surprise me with a Decaf latte from Starbucks or Coffee Bean. I'll drink maybe one can of soda once or twice a week. I've tried to have a small cup of caffeinated coffee a few times, but everytime it gave me an anxiety attack.

Alcohol I stay away from, although I have had tiny sips of wine or beer from DH. I miss wine. There is a whole wall of wines in the kitchen waiting for me. Of course I probably still won't (over)indulge. 

What I really miss is sushi. We would eat sushi 1-2 times a week at our favorite all you can eat place. 
  • Options
    I have DD iced lattes all day, erry day! No shameeeee
  • Options
    +1 on coffee drinking
    +1 on no alcohol

I drink a medium iced coffee from McDs every day at lunch or else I'd be napping at my desk in the afternoons. The medium has under 200mg of caffeine and the large is right at 200mg. I do get iced macchiatos occasionally at Sbux as a treat, and I get them decaf since they have the decaf option. I don't drink soda/pop. 

And for alcohol, I can't do it. Like what @Potterphile said, it's just not recommended. To each their own, if you feel like it's ok, go for it. I personally don't want to add any sort of risk. I'm not much of a drinker to be honest, I don't drink when I breastfeed either. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    @Potterphile I actually drink more now as a mom than I did before...LOL. It just wasn't something I really cared for. I was always DD when my friends and I went out to the bars because I can be wild and crazy completely sober. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    @Potterphile I actually drink more now as a mom than I did before...LOL. It just wasn't something I really cared for. I was always DD when my friends and I went out to the bars because I can be wild and crazy completely sober. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  :D
    Haha, people ask me if I'm drunk when I'm not! but I do go all out and let lose .. which I will miss! I know I will! 
  • Options
    maribeth0721maribeth0721 member
    edited June 2017
    I HATE having ultrasounds at this point. I know I'm supposed to love them, but honestly they just make me anxious and I can't even really see the baby anymore. The tech in my doctor office, she always sends me into alarm. So far she has sent me into panic about: having a short cervix (which the doctor later said I did not have), having low amniotic fluid on more than one occasion (which was rechecked and discovered not to be low), that perhaps my placenta had stopped functioning or "died" and that could be the reason for my low fluid (again it ended up not being low), that the baby POSSIBLY but not definitively had a cleft palette (discovered not to be the case). Because the baby is breech they keep wanting to take ultrasounds but I don't want to have anymore! I can't see baby really anyways anymore as she is too big so there is NOTHING fun about it. I have starting to get extreme anxiety about what she's going to tell me next every time I go in.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @maribeth0721 - that's awful! No wonder you hate them so much. Can you tell the tech that you don't want a play-by-play bc it stresses you out? And that you'd rather just wait until the dr looks at it? Or let your dr know so she can tell the tech to it it out?

I've seen two different techs and they've given me a play by play, but they haven't found issues. I would think if they thought they saw something wrong they would shut their mouths since they shouldn't be telling you anyway.