July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

Confessions go here

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FFFC I won't eat fries if ketchup is poured on top of it or a salad with dressing already on top... i have to dip my fries in ketchup or pour the dressing myself... is that weird lol
  • Options
    @AdaByron I'm not sure we can be friends now, lol. I am a couponer big time.  I have a stockpile closet and everything.  It was a godsend when DH stopped working, but before he started receiving disability.
  • Options
    FFFC I won't eat fries if ketchup is poured on top of it or a salad with dressing already on top... i have to dip my fries in ketchup or pour the dressing myself... is that weird lol
    Ewww no .. come on! First it was onions now this. Nooo!!!  :s
  • Options
    I love coupons, but I won't go crazy. If they come in the mail, I use them, but I won't buy something simply because it's on sale or because I have a coupon. 

My FFFC is that I hate ketchup! I don't really use condiments other than salad dressing. My husband is even worse. People come over and ask for our ketchup and think we're crazy when we say we don't have any. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Re coupons: I look at all the coupons we get in the mail (but I stand by the garbage can as I do it) and put the ones I know we will use in my wallet and throw the other ones out right away. @chiquita928 - I have a stock pile room too lol

@Kmomof3 - They're saying I have GD as well but I have not had to change anything about my diet / exercise etc. I check my levels / numbers 4 times a day and they're always fine so I allow myself to indulge in ice cream treats too. #sorrynotsorry lol

@nktrodden826 - I am like you too but that's because I find they always put too much for my personal liking on so I like to just do it myself. Lol

@julybaby17-2   I love ketchup but hate tomatoes lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @rae1-3 = Thanks. I never looked at how much was in soda but assumed it would be lower. :)

@PurplePoppy424 = I wish I could have coffee but since being pregnant coffee goes right through me in less than 10 minutes :/
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm a wuss and have been drinking decaf for 9 months....
  • Options
    @kat0607 = Indulge yourself. Come to caffeine side lol
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 I tried to kick my pop/caffeine habit this pregnancy and failed horribly. With a 2 yr old running around sometimes it is the only way to maintain my sanity.

My FFFC is I have absolutely hated this pregnancy and the fact that I am almost done is a huge sigh of relief. I have been sick and worthless most of the pregnancy. The house is a disaster, I have gained a bunch of weight, and have 100% let myself go because I have been so miserable. I have been so sick it has really been hard to get attached to even the idea that a baby will be here any day now. I know as soon as I see him it will all be 1000% worth it and we will bond fast. BUT Right now I am looking forward to a lunch meat sandwich and a glass of wine. I know how bad that sounds.
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 That sounds like pure torture!! 
  • Options
    @AdaByron Yes! Get rid of it all before it goes into the "junk drawer" and stays there for months on end! I've been really ruthless with stuff lately. I hate things piling up, especially when we don't have a lot of space. I Marie Kondo the shit out of my place. 
  • Options
    I have two projects to finish for work today, carpet cleaners are coming in an hour (and I still have clothes on the floor), and yet I'm laying on the couch mobile bumping and contemplating a nap.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I haven't given up anything other than alcohol this pregnancy. I still have my lunch meat. I've had sushi on a bunch of occasions from reputable restaurants and I still have my caffeine, just in moderation. Wine is the only thing I'm really looking forward to having access to again. 

And my baby. I'm ready to meet my son. 
    Same - except I still have an occasional small glass of wine. I guess that is my confession. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ladybray None of that sounds bad or flame worthy. It sounds pretty normal for this stage of the game. Hang in there- we're almost at the finish line. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't really like wine, so I've already bought some mixers to have a real drink on my deck in... 10ish days!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    +1 to giving up almost nothing. I changed my afternoon iced coffee to decaf, but that's about it. I haven't wanted any alcohol, or I would have no qualms about the occasional drink here and there.
  • Options
    +1 on dipping ketchup only. Soggy-ketchup fries = ew. 

I have been drinking caffeine too. A couple of days I've actually gone over 200mg... oops. It affects me way more while I'm pregnant, like if I have an iced tea after 5pm I won't be able to get to sleep. I've also had a tiny glass of wine here and there, but it doesn't even sound that good and makes my constant heartburn even worse. Things I can't wait for: being able to enjoy food/sweets/wine/fizzy drinks without feeling miserable.... and sleeping on my stomach.

My FFFC is that I'm considering taking half a xanax for my thesis defense. I'll talk to my doctor about it obviously, but it can't be worse for the baby than hours of acute anxiety, right? 
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 I still drink coffee every day...one 8oz cup.  At breakfast on Sunday, when the server was filling my cup the second time, she said 'you'll have decaf now'....excuse.me!....That's not your decision to make....and I'm not taking prenatal advice from someone with meth-mouth.  

I have had sips of beer and a few small glasses of wine over the last 8 months.  Not gonna lie, the day I get to have a full glass of wine and an ice cold IPA, may be the second greatest day of my life, next to my baby being born (sorry DH).   
    You are my kind of people.  An ice cold IPA is the first thing I'm having when I get home and idgaf what time of day it is!
  • Options
    abmommy15 said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 I still drink coffee every day...one 8oz cup.  At breakfast on Sunday, when the server was filling my cup the second time, she said 'you'll have decaf now'....excuse.me!....That's not your decision to make....and I'm not taking prenatal advice from someone with meth-mouth.  

I have had sips of beer and a few small glasses of wine over the last 8 months.  Not gonna lie, the day I get to have a full glass of wine and an ice cold IPA, may be the second greatest day of my life, next to my baby being born (sorry DH).   
    You are my kind of people.  An ice cold IPA is the first thing I'm having when I get home and idgaf what time of day it is!
    + 1 to this! I. Can't. Freaking. Wait. 
  • Options
    Lol I am so happy to find kindred drinking spirits. I told my husband I am sneaking a mini bottle of champagne into the hospital! Hahahaha
  • Options
    I'm confident there are days when I go over the 200 mg of caffeine. I try not to but the insomnia makes it hard. 

My husband made an amazing salad yesterday that sat overnight with tomato, basil, dill, pasteurized burratta... And prosciutto. I ate it anyway because I'm not going to skip the veggie course. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I definitely push 200mg of caffeine a day I'm sure and I enjoy a pint maybe once a week or so. And we brought a bottle of champagne in to the hospital last time. Glad I found my peeps. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish my favorite summer six pack is on our grocery list this week so I know it will be in the fridge waiting for me when I get home. I'm also looking forwards to a drink on the deck!
  • Options
    I sprinkle some instant regular coffee in my afternoon decaf and I feel wonderful about it. I haven't had any snide remarks from anyone when I show up with my coffee thermos, thankfully, even if it usually IS just decaf. I feel for those of you who have... that would put me in raging bitch mode.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    I've already stated buying a couple bottles of wine for after the baby comes. I seriously cannot wait. Come on, baby!
  • Options
    You can have coffee and alcohol, but just limited amounts. I read a lot of research on it, and it's OK in low doses like a cup a day of coffee or a glass a wine once in a while is not an issue. I had a drink twice this pregnancy. I had a few with DD1. I'm not saying go get drunk, but sometimes there's a situation where you may really want a little and I don't see why you need to punish yourself. Unless it's a matter of self discipline where one drink leads to more, then at that case I wouldn't go near it, but I had half a glass of wine last week, and half a glass way back on Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure it's fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm dying for a Mike's Hard Lemonade or something similar. I love the Hard Lemonade flavors (strawberry or orange - yum!) in the summer. I don't want to drink while pregnant or during those first few weeks (months?) where I'll be feeding and pumping a lot. The thought of drinking while breastfeeding freaks my H out a lot (he doesn't drink ever anyway), so I'm going to try to respect his fears even though I know it's safe as long as I don't overdo it. But I will have one here and there!