November 2017 Moms

FFFC 6/23/17

Re: FFFC 6/23/17

• UO? not a big animal person. I don't dislike other people's animals. I don't dislike animals. But I would never want a pet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MississippiCatfish love fair food! I am going to the Iowa State fair this year and I'm excited.  
  • I feel weird about going home this weekend and being noticeably pregnant in front of my parents. My high school bff talked me through my feelings and we concluded that it's because I grew up in such a conservative household that it's just uncomfortable and kind of embarrassing to admit I did what needs to be done to have a baby. Even though my mom and I talk about my pregnancy all the time! My solution is to just hide my bump as well as I can.

Am I the only one feeling this way lol
    Yes! However, when I was pregnant with DS2, DH's sister and DH's SIL were pregnant at the same time. I was due July 2015, SIL Nov 2015 and DH's sister December 2015. This kept the focus off of only me. This time, DH's sister is pregnant and due in Sept so the focus again isn't all on me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am guilty at posting the bare belly bump picture while lifting my shirt. I will never share it with public but I have done it that way for the Wednesday bump day threads. 

I only started it because my PGAL loss brain liked seeing the changes in my body but I'm definitely OK with posting a fully clothed picture if that is what make people more comfortable on here.
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    FFFC, I will probably not have large birthday parties for my kids. Ever. 

I attended my nieces birthday party over the weekend, and 16 kids were invited.... SIXTEEN. TEN YEAR OLDS. I about lost my mind because it was so darn loud. And it was primarily an outdoor party (which was a good thing) but every so often all of them would run into the house and be yelling and screaming about something until all the adults could shoo them back to the backyard. 

I now understand why my mom only let me invite 4-5 kids to my birthday parties. Also, more kids cost more money to feed, and we were pretty broke growing up. 
  • @kwaldy I teach 24 ten year olds and yes, it does get loud. I'm with you on not having extravagant birthday parties, but they will probably be big since we have big families and we will invite every kid in LO's class so no one is left out. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I am going to be so flamed....

I dont think mums of kids under school age should work out of home. You decided to have a baby. You decided to be a mother. Be a mother. You can be a corporate something or other in 6 years when they are at school. 
  • I am going to be so flamed....

I dont think mums of kids under school age should work out of home. You decided to have a baby. You decided to be a mother. Be a mother. You can be a corporate something or other in 6 years when they are at school. 

Stuck in a box 

It took us three months but I can't even. 

I'm trying.

But I cannot. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    edited June 2017
    I am going to be so flamed....

Not going to flame... but going to agree to disagree. I will never knock a stay at home mom and I will never knock a working mom. Everyone is doing what they think is right for their families.

For me, it doesn't make financial sense for me to stay home. My job has a pretty decent salary, and excellent benefits. The health insurance itself is worth its weight in gold.

Edited to add: I have read more than one study about children of working moms being more adjusted and verbal than those of SAHMs. I don't know how much validity is behind that, but it makes me feel much better about continuing to be a working mom.
  • kissthesky32kissthesky32 member
    edited June 2017
    I just cannot process this. 

Tell me you you are joking... please?
    This is where I am. Did we all just get called shitty moms for doing what we have to for our families? 
    I think we got called not even mothers... 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• kwaldykwaldy member
    Or am I not a mom? 
    Obviously we're not real moms  ;) we just play them on tv or something 
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    @ElizabethSchuyler I legitimately just laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. You win the internet today
  • kwaldy said:
    @ElizabethSchuyler I legitimately just laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. You win the internet today
    +1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @cait32 no hard feelings, I just really like the vibe here and got (am) nervous now...
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited June 2017
    @ooodalollly +1 you said it well. 

My first post was pretty incensed after I just posted my FFFC and then to see another mother post something in the same vein was not only ridiculous, but was also hurtful.
  • c+mpeacheyc+mpeachey member
    edited June 2017
    Flame Free...right? 

And i didn't mean to offend anyone....its my opinion and therefore, just like all opinions, only relevant to myself. I am very much a traditional roles type person. Totally politically incorrect these days and not at all the way 99% of people choose to live. I know this. And i dont care. You do you and i do me. And I dont judge other mums about it, cause I dont live their lives. I have even been a mother who worked while having small children because I had to....like many of you, my income kept food on our table. 

But my post did have other intentions....how flame free is this really? How accepting of other people's views are we actually being? I watched earlier this week as a FTM put up a post that greatly affected her emotions. She mistakingly put it in the wrong place....I was uncomfortable with where she said what she said....but then that girl had to endure 2 days worth of what i found to be abusive and confrontational bullying. She came to a place she thought was safe to admit something that she probably found too difficult to admit anywhere else. And she got pounded. I found THIS more offensive than her earlier posting of a highly sensitive subject.

Why can't we just be kind?

Oh and @cait32 ....you can go back to lurking.