Baby Names
Options

Thea's middle name?

We've chosen Thea as baby's first name. Our favorite middle is Ruth, because of biblical significance. I really love the meaning behind it, but I've gotten feedback that Thea Ruth is too much th, so now I'm 2nd guessing it. Is the flow awful? Only other mn contender is Renee (family name). Do you like Thea Renee better? Should we forgo meaning for flow?

Re: Thea's middle name?

• Options
    I don't see any problems with Thea Ruth, it flows fine. 

If you like it more than the Renee, go with it.
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Thea Ruth is not bad but I think Thea Renee has better flow.  But what is more important to you- flow or a name you love?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the flow better with Renee 
  • Options
    I definitely wouldn't skip  over a meaning I love for a slightly better flow. After all, how many times do you foresee people calling your child by her full name?
  • Options
    Actually I think Thea Ruth actually flows better 

• Options
    nanner26nanner26 member
    edited June 2017
    I like Thea Ruth. I think it flows fine. 
  • Options
    I do think that Thea Ruth is a little hard on the tongue with the double -th. If you love it, though, that shouldn't stop you from using it.

My parents never once used my middle name, like if I was in trouble or whatever. I am shocked at myself for using my son's first and middle name together, when he's in trouble - didn't think I'd do that. So for me, flow is more important than I originally realized.

My advice is to say "Thea Ruth" many times (maybe in a quick, angry voice sometimes lol) and be sure YOU are comfortable with the flow. If so, go for it!
  • Options
    I love Thea Ruth 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15