November 2017 Moms
Options

Why my Pregnant Self is Irritable

When I get angry lately I go from zero to 100, and when I reflect back it's usually about something pretty stupid (but seemingly very valid at the time). I thought we could hopefully get a laugh out of each other's irritable moments. Or at least we could take comfort in knowing that we're not the only one who's irritable.
~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

Re: Why my Pregnant Self is Irritable

• Options
    car1acar1a member
    It was raining this morning so I didn't let the dog out right away. Nor did she want to go outside. When DH heard this he took it upon himself to let her out. Little did he know, I had had a plan! I had been checking the radar and it was going to clear up in about 5 minutes. I tried to explain but he already had the dog riled up and outside and so I followed him out onto the porch telling him about MY PLAN and waving my phone (with the radar displayed) at him, my poor dog is standing outside getting rained on and was going to have to get toweled down. Haha, the look on his face (like uh oh). It's like, if I have a plan then you best be aware that I have a plan and that's what's going to happen and if it doesn't then I'm going to be pretty angry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One word, HORMONES! And yes, I've been the same way too!! 
  • Options
    Yep. Same here. I have been super irrationally angry. I keep trying to bring myself back down to rational but I stay angry. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge That is hilarious! I'm sorry you were so upset, but I'm impressed your DH was able to even try to reason with you. Mine would have busted out laughing. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    car1acar1a member
    @DuchessOfCambridge That did make me giggle but only because I'm right there with you! I can't predict little things that are said that could set me off but then in retrospect it's kind of funny. A few weeks ago I actually stormed up the stairs like a teenager because DH was making the coffee wrong (I've been drinking a mix of regular and decaf and he was putting in too much regular) and I didn't want to talk to him for awhile after. I'm usually a chill person so I think that I need to talk to DH about how best he should handle these situations.
  • Options
    @kissthesky32 I was so dramatic too, I threw myself on the bed and proceeded to sob. I knew I was being nuts and I should let it go but I didn't care and I didn't want to hahaha. And obviously since he told me I was being ridiculous it made me more angry. But really though, just let the pregnant lady win lol.

@car1a to be fair, I am not a chill person in general and am kind of worried my baby will also have no chill lol. Your coffee story makes me feel better though! :D

• Options
    Work. On. My. Last. Nerve. Just found out I will be in this temporary, shared office space until well into my 3rd Tri. I want to cry. This is not a good space at all.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH called me an hour and half ago and said he should be leaving work "any minute" and still isn't on his way home. DS has been car napping for the last hour (we just got home from the water park) and I'm stuck in the driveway. I was really hoping he'd be home by now so I wouldn't have to lug a 30 pound half asleep toddler in the house and I'm irrationally irritated that it's looking inescapable. 
  • Options
    Irrationally devastated.  Here's a longish story. 
     So I bought this adorable cube storage for my nursery it's super cute and it says on the box that it fits with the standard box sixes 10.5x11 I checked the cubes at home depot and Canadian tire and they were indeed 10.5x11 so I was like k perfect. Then I go on the babies r us sit so I can choose really cute ones to go in it. I hum and haw and call my best friend because I can't decide which cubes to get. FINALLY Decide on a really cute cube combination only to find that the cubes are 13x13 . Fml. I hate everything . 
  • Options
    kwaldykwaldy member
    I wanted a KFC famous bowl for lunch, ordered it, got to the drive thru window where they told me "they were out of bowls to make them." I was so upset I cried, but it was out of frustration 
  • Options
    They just gave me a vanilla milkshake instead of chocolate and I'm about to legit cry my face off. All I want is a chocolate milkshake.
    And now DH told me to just drink the vanilla. And I want to TP him SO HARD RIGHT NOW.
    Your feelings are valid from the crying to the TP. I'd be pissed. I get so mad when we get sushi and they don't give extra spicy mayo. 

• Options
    car1acar1a member
    Yes, any feelings related to food are automatically validated. I've never before been so picky so it's definitely upsetting to have your mind set on something- AND close to getting it - only to not get it after all!
  • Options
    @av2323 I have the same peeve with the dishes piled in the sink. We made a rule (for the kids but DH has to follow too) that dishes have to be done before 8pm. 
    Also, sometimes I use my "super sensitive" pregnancy nose as an excuse as to why they need to be done right this second. 
  • Options
    I'm feeling very lazy as dishes OFTEN wait until the next morning when I'm pregnant. I have zero energy left for that after the kids are in bed! 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish my nesting needs are much higher than my exhaustion these past few days. 
  • Options
    @bcashaw I'm super jealous! My exhaustion level definitely overrides my drive to get things ready for the baby. I'm sooooo tired! 
  • Options
    It's actually kind of ridiculous I'm doing stuff that isn't nessicary AT ALL . Like
    .. no I don't need the cup organized by size that's ridiculous 
  • Options
    I can't eat anything because my teeth ache too much.  :/ I got my spacers put in yesterday because I get my braces put on next week (just the top and rubber bands). I am not excited. It's only been a day and I miss food.
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited June 2017
    Husband usually wakes up an hour and a half earlier than I do to catch up on household stuff (especially since all I do lately is sleep and he's really had to take over). But the other day, I woke up around the same time and went downstairs (in a terrible mood) and proceeded to talk his ear off about his mother, who had done something to annoy me. He told me that he couldn't deal with it right then, that he really needed this time to get stuff done and that me waking up early really messed with his own schedule because mornings were his only time to get stuff done (he has a crazy demanding job), why don't I just go relax in bed. That really hurt my feelings because I took it as he didn't want me around, immediately busted into tears, and said "FINE, I'LL JUST LEAVE" and went upstairs to cry in bed, spilling coffee everywhere as I stomped away. Poor husband came up after me, hugged me, made it all better. Patience of an angel. So far, he still finds these tantrums funny because they're so out of character. Not sure how long that'll keep up, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited June 2017
    I also get serious road rage now. Before the hormones, it was easy, breezy, nothing bothers me, if got a good song playing, I'm fine. Now, it's best for me to just stay off the road if I can help it!  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bcashaw said:
    Irrationally devastated.  Here's a longish story. 
     So I bought this adorable cube storage for my nursery it's super cute and it says on the box that it fits with the standard box sixes 10.5x11 I checked the cubes at home depot and Canadian tire and they were indeed 10.5x11 so I was like k perfect. Then I go on the babies r us sit so I can choose really cute ones to go in it. I hum and haw and call my best friend because I can't decide which cubes to get. FINALLY Decide on a really cute cube combination only to find that the cubes are 13x13 . Fml. I hate everything . 
    Try Michaels for baskets. I had the same issue and while they are more durable than the fabric ones.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I can't eat anything because my teeth ache too much.  :/ I got my spacers put in yesterday because I get my braces put on next week (just the top and rubber bands). I am not excited. It's only been a day and I miss food.
    I had adult braces. Try frozen Gogurt!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I don't know how I'm going to survive! :'(:D I had yogurt today and that was okay but not what I was craving.. lol I wish I could've waited until after pregnancy to get braces.
  • Options
    @NYTino24 thanks!I found some cute ones at the dollar store today so I grabbed them. I figure if I don't like them or if I find cuter ones I'll send FD toys and clothes home in them. Or like find somewhere else (probably the basement) to put them 
  • Options
    Oh also I'm irritable because I got headlice because biomom took the kids to sleep at their cousins house who we all know ALWAYS has headlice. Sigh 
    Also because I think I have an ear infection.. or maybe I've been clenching my teeth only on one side at night? Either way it's progressively getting worse and I imagine I'll have to get it checked out soon.
  • Options
    I'm irritable constantly lately and I have no idea why. Just pissy all day. DD2 has been killing me lately with her constant defiance and yelling. (I think she gets frustrated because she can't speak so she just screams and gets upset. Which I understand but can't tolerate that well) DH also has no sympathy or patience for me and just gets snippy. He's been even more irritable than me lately. I feel bad for my dogs with 3 pissed off people in the house haha
  • Options
    There's no specific one thing but I am finding DH is on my last nerve lately. I feel badly about it but at the same time he keeps making "jokes" that I am not finding funny, I am so over his man cold...go to the doctor or shut up. I am awful. I feel badly, he's really sweet but seriously on my last nerve. I am also finding my patience with m co workers to be non existent anymore. I walk in the office and I'm irritated. I am normally a really patient, easy going girl, but lately ...man, everyone is on my.last.nerve.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017
    @NYTino24 I don't know how I'm going to survive! :'(:D I had yogurt today and that was okay but not what I was craving.. lol I wish I could've waited until after pregnancy to get braces.
    I had them at 25 and the first few days of talking to my students with the (removable) palate expander was rough because I kept feeling like I was going to choke. Rice pudding, cold jello, and ice cream should help for a little, even though it isn't very filling. Ask your doc for Magic Mouthwash if they hurt. It has Benadryl, lidocaine, and Maslow. It tastes gross, but numbs and then you can eat a few minutes later. Good luck! I had to go every two weeks to get the braces tightened and cried a lot because of the pain I was in since my gums and tongue were all cut up even with the wax. Use the wax as much as possible!! PS it was totally worth it because my teeth looked way better.

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017
    @bcashaw I clench and grind. It makes me feel like I have an ear infection when I don't. I also get headaches that are really referred pain from my ear / jaw. Ask your dentist about a nightguard if you think you have TMJ and check out triggerpoint therapy. I sleep so much better with mine. PS again with the lice? You can't win!!! What does the judge say?

• Options
    @jess0211 Good riddance! Hopefully she goes far away from you.

• Options
    @NYTino24 honestly, as annoyed as I am with the behavior, it's probably a blessing in disguise. The other girl quit so her last day is next week and if this girl moves to another space I get a private office back. Granted the space will have two random desks and boxes in it, but at least I can perhaps be more productive.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    We were supposed to have a play date at a friend's house this morning, and she cancelled last minute.  I'm irritated because she was texting the group of about 10 moms a few days ago saying how overwhelmed she was, please bring your own snacks because I won't have time to get anything, I'm going to need your kids to all help clean up for real afterward, please don't pack lunches like I originally suggested because I need everyone gone by noon etc. (all perfectly fine things, no problems there)  She talked about how overloaded she was and overbooked and she shouldn't have scheduled it in the first place.  We all encouraged her then to just let it go and we'd find another date.  She insisted it would be fine.  And now she's cancelling last minute.  And every other mom is being supppppper nice and supportive about it, and I'm over here feeling all stabby and just not replying :D I am a horrible person when I'm pregnant!! So moody!!! 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @jess0211 Can you just leave and find an empty space somewhere else on campus? Walk in, wave, then leave to do your actually confidential work somewhere else?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish That is totally understandable on your part.