Pregnant after IF

3rd Tri Check-in: week of June 19

2»

Re: 3rd Tri Check-in: week of June 19

• ARB425ARB425 member
    @colleen0516 thinking of you! Sending positive vibes for progress! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello!
    So turns out Tuesday was a big day! After getting the all clear to labour at the birthing center my waters broke on Tuesday night!
    After two hours of active labor (was supposed to wait 3) I went in to the birthing centre and was already fully dialated! Turns out all those Braxton hicks had been doing something after all! I rented a tens machine at home and would recommend looking them up. You have to use them from early on and it doesn't work for everyone but worth a try.
    She was born in the early hours of the shortest day of the year (in New Zealand ) And so far has passed all the health checks and is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! 
    I'm holding it together on no sleep with lots of pain from stitches and breastfeeding but it's all worth it every time I look at her tiny face!
    If you can/ want to breastfeed ask for as much help as possible! It's not easy and you and baby need as much advice as you can get to make this work!
    On vaccines - I'm very pro vaccines. 
    There is overwhelming evidence that the benefits far outweigh any risks for people who are able to handle them (And autism isn't one of those risks). I had the whooping cough combo and flu shot while pregnant and also dad and grandparents. Whooping cough in particular is terrifying. Immunisation is very complicated and only works well if we have herd immunity so every person that decides not to immunize increases the chance of breakouts spreading. 
    This website is from NZ but links to some useful international resources https://www.immune.org.nz/immunisation/making-informed-decision

Thank you all for helping me get to this amazing pointin our journey.
  • Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited June 2017
    Yay!!!! Congratulations @nellin-!! Your "unnamed little one" is such a cutie pie!!! Good luck sorting through names, and update us when you have a name for her :smile: 

AFM: we had a little curve ball today. We are now hoping to NOT go into labor tonight. My doctor is going away for the night and won't be back til tomm night. I DO NOT want the oncall doctor. Soooooo we switched modes. 

I am 2 cm dilated and having small contractions (that I didn't even feel lol). The NST showed them but I didn't feel them. I just feel very crampy but similiar to menstrual cramps. Nothing bad. 
    I went to lunch with my parents afterwards and when I came home, I felt wet. I figured it was normal discharge but it was a brownish/red blood. I called and he thinks it's from the internal exam. It stopped right away and no contractions paired with it so he told me to call again if I get more or have any noticable contractions. Both babies are moving and grooving in there but so far we are good. 

All the stress of me having contractions and him going away for the night, my mind was a complete blur. I forgot to ask about the shot. UGH. I'm calling Sunday when he is back! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• ARB425ARB425 member
    @nellin-2 congratulations! Look at those big eyes! Try to get some rest mama!

@colleen0516 Try to take it easy but those babies may have other plans! Hopefully they can hold out for a little more time too your dr comes back! 
  • @Colleen0516 Good luck! I'm sure the babies will be in safe hands either way, but I hope you get a good birth experience that sets you up for an easy as possible recovery.  

Thinking of you!
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    Congrats @nellin-2. She's wonderful!! 

Almost there @Colleen0516 - good luck! (& its Sunday now!!! Yah...come on twins!!) 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Also more advice - don't buy too many clothes in advance!

Munchkin is tall and skinny and already too tall for some of her newborn clothes and at the same time swimming in most of the newborn clothes. There are lots of clothes that she will outgrow in length before she fills them! Probably more of an issue for a winter baby as those gaping necks let the cold in! 
    Dad went shopping yesterday to stock up on the brands/sizes that do fit her well. 
  • Congrats @nellin-2! She's beautiful!
  • Congrats @nellin-2
    Wish me luck ladies, my repeat c-section is tomorrow morning!

MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • *lurking*

Congrats @nellin-2 on your little cutie pie!

@Colleen0516 I'll admit I dropped in here just to see if you had your babies yet! So excited to see baby news from you!

As for vaccines... get them. Modern medicine y'all. We don't need those awful diseases returning :angry:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 No babies yet! Wentfor a LONG walk today... trying to get them going! Doctors appointment tomorrow- we will see.
     But I think I'm heading toward induction on Thursday
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Oh wow, congrats @nellin-2! Such a cute little munchkin!!! 

Thinking of you @kdanjou and @Colleen0516!!

Hope all is well @wifeinraleigh28! Good to 'see' you!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • nellin-2nellin-2 member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks all!
    Aside from getting a good latch sorted out things are going really well.  I'm managing enough day naps to hold myself together when I'm still awake at 3am because she won't sleep in her bassinet.

I did have a big cry yesterday when I realised that my nipples were bleeding (sorry tmi) but I didn't care because I'm so in love it's worth it. And as I write that I realise I've turned into one of those obnoxiously sappy mum's!

@Colleen0516 I hope the walk helped! On reflection I think things had already started a while earlier for me but we took the dog for a 30min walk (except it took me over 45min) a couple of hours before my waters broke. Not sure if that was the final straw! 

@kdanjou Good luck!!! 

Edited to add more rambling about my baby girl.
  • @nellin-2 It took 3 weeks for me to get Arielle to sleep in her bassinet! She wanted nothing to do with it and would scream within minutes of being put down in there. She slept in her rock n play for 3 weeks but every couple of days I would try the bassinet again until she finally took it. Now we're going on almost a week of her sleeping in the bassinet every night! Good luck, mama, and no worries about being sappy. I've turned into one of those too! I hope your nipples heal soon. The first couple weeks of BF'ing is so brutal! :(

@Colleen0516 I hope the walk helped get things into gear! If not though, best of luck with your induction on Thursday!

Thank you @byrneme! Things are going well over here. Of course just when I think I have this whole taking care of a newborn thing figured out, she throws me curve balls. But she's amazing and I couldn't be happier! Right now she's napping on me in the k'tan wrap because she started crying whenever I would put her down. I think she's having gas pains that can only be soothed by being on her tummy or being held.

Hope everyone here is doing well! So excited for some babies to be born soon!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @nellin-2 Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!