October 2017 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions 06/08

Re: Unpopular Opinions 06/08

• Options
    I've tried to enjoy baths but I just don't. I get too hot or bored.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @melarowan Now that's a fancy tub! Lol  :)
  • Options
    I still take hot showers, but I make sure I turn my belly out of the water stream every few minutes. I think since our bellies are starting to get big enough to poke up out of bath water, it should be okay to take a hot bath? But again, I'm a FTM so maybe I know nothing :) 
  • Options
    I try for just a bit cooler than normal, and will refresh the water until I'm done.  I also keep some cool water nearby for sipping while enjoying my bath.

@ariz17 It really is fancy, but I want to stretch out my legs and be boobs-deep in the water at the same time.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jessafishy Legit salivating at that picture.  My idea of heaven too.  It just needs one of those trays that hook on the sides so my book doesn't get wet... I don't know why I don't just order one of those, I've been wanting one for ages
  • Options
    @migdala I have one of those trays, it's really nice!

• Options
    shan24shan24 member
    I agree that the fingertip rule is dumb (and one I will never be able to pass). I also don't have a problem with spaghetti straps, cleavage, backless tops or tight clothing. And the reason for a dress code should never be to prevent distraction. That's ridiculous and insulting to males. However, school is not the beach. There are appropriate manners of dress for different situations and imo booty shorts and bra tops aren't appropriate for school. 

• Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    For awhile there, boys were getting in trouble for dress code way more than girls when the saggy pants were a thing.  Different fashion trends present different problems.  The problem I see a lot is usually that enforcement is inconsistent.   I've seen some pretty crazy outfits that were super revealing on kkds and I usually think, like @carries2018, that I would definitely not be cool with my child wearing That!  Also, our school is FREEZING...bundle up kids!
  • Options
    +1 for baths with a good book and some wine.  Man, I miss the wine.

As for dress codes, no opinion except I gotta enforce them.  I am not hating on your kid for following the rules.  Got six mouths to feed.  Cop will give you a ticket for speed, I have to send you to the office for dress code.  I do not hate you or have a grudge against your kid.