June 2017 Moms
Options

6/5 Weekly Randoms

Let's keep this board alive. Old regulars, new regulars, lurkers, everyone's invited!

Re: 6/5 Weekly Randoms

• Options
    So baby is 2 weeks old and I'm at point where I'm going absolutely stir crazy! I hate being cooped up in the house and out of our normal routine. It's also been cold and rainy here practically every day so we can't even hang outside. Plus my husband is on his third and final week of paternity leave and while I love him, I can't wait for him to go back to work and get out of my space. Sorry, this became a rant!
  • Options
    @mamaelle27 I remember those days when I had DD.  One thing I did was go to the local library for a few minutes and get a book to read.  It was nice and quiet (I wore DD in a carrier) and didn't take long but I felt like I got out of the house at least.
    I am so ready to have this baby!  Just waiting for her to decide she is ready.  My DD has two more days of preschool this week and then she is done for the summer.  My DH and I might sneak out to the movies on the last day of school and see wonder woman.  It would be the last chance we have for a long time.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Field Day today and last day of school tomorrow! As a Title 1 teacher, that pretty much means my job is done for the year! 

So we had an apt yesterday for 37 weeks.  DS1 came at 37 weeks and now DH is freaking out! We were supposed to go visit my brother and his family this weekend who are moving in to a new house AND it's my mom's birthday so we were going to have a huge celebration at their new house but now DH is freaking out so much that he doesn't want to go.  Granted it's 2 hours away but I'm only 1.5 cm dilated (with DS1 I was 4 by now)... I don't know... would you go? 
  • Options
    Field Day today and last day of school tomorrow! As a Title 1 teacher, that pretty much means my job is done for the year! 

So we had an apt yesterday for 37 weeks.  DS1 came at 37 weeks and now DH is freaking out! We were supposed to go visit my brother and his family this weekend who are moving in to a new house AND it's my mom's birthday so we were going to have a huge celebration at their new house but now DH is freaking out so much that he doesn't want to go.  Granted it's 2 hours away but I'm only 1.5 cm dilated (with DS1 I was 4 by now)... I don't know... would you go? 
    I would go and have a good time. If you have any signs of labor, get in the car right away, it's not that far, and I'm assuming there's also a hospital closer to them just in case. Who knows when you'll get out again after baby.
  • Options
    @huzzahuzza I'd go if you aren't having any signs of labor! Maybe bring your bags along just in case? 
  • Options
    So I'm 38 weeks and I was really thinking baby would come anytime since we've had so many false alarms. But of course dd now has a cold!! I must hold this baby in until she's better now! Lol

funny enough I remember getting a cold at the last second with dd too also in June. What are the chances? 
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    DH had an interview that he thinks went really well yesterday! Crossing our fingers that he will finally get an offer.

And then I walked past the car seat and smelled urine. Turns out one of my cats decided to pee all over it! And it's all over the harness which can't be washed really so I had to order a new harness. So pissed and I don't even know which one did it! Hoping the new one arrives before baby does. 
  • Options
    My iron levels have constantly been dropping since 16 weeks. In spite of being on copious amounts of iron and drinking spinach smoothies it is still dropping. Consequently, I'm pooped. I'm only 37 weeks, but the thought of going to 41 weeks makes me want to whimper.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    @shmarpler are you taking your iron with any dairy or calcium? That can cancel out the iron. Last year I was so anemic I almost needed a blood transfusion so my dr had me taking iron Morning and night on an empty stomach. I felt so sick after, but that way we knew I was absorbing it. 
  • Options
    @shmarpler are you taking your iron with any dairy or calcium? That can cancel out the iron. Last year I was so anemic I almost needed a blood transfusion so my dr had me taking iron Morning and night on an empty stomach. I felt so sick after, but that way we knew I was absorbing it. 
    I'm supposed to take liquid iron with vit c about 30 min before eating. I'll be a little more careful to make sure don't eat sooner than that.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    And no, I don't take it with dairy or calcium. 
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    I forgot about the shame associated with feeding your kid anything but breast. ::eyeroll::
  • Options
    I cancelled my RCS for June 5 in hopes of going into labor on my own for a vbac.  Latest doc will let me go is Friday, June 9, when he will do a super slow induction.  This baby is not budging, though.  I'm a nervous wreck about an induction and am wishing I had just gone through with the RCS. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    I forgot about the shame associated with feeding your kid anything but breast. ::eyeroll::
    Ugh what happened? I've been bracing myself but so far have had really supportive experiences.
  • Options
    Aww, that stinks! I never had any comments or looks with DS. Maybe it's the RBF, or maybe I just tuned them out. 
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 The WORST, so sorry you're dealing with that. I remember getting judged by a cashier in Rite Aid bc of DS's apparent size/formula correlation. Ugh.

And now I'm reminded of the older man who asked me "When's the big day?" 2 months after I had already given birth. That one had me in tears for days.
  • Options
    @GoodWitchoftheNorth, people need filters. I had a lady all the other day ask if I was sure I only had "one in there." Yes. Yes, I am. I'm short, and my babies go out because there is nowhere else for them to go. 
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    Ugh what happened? I've been bracing myself but so far have had really supportive experiences.
    I'm an EPer, but I had contacted a local IBCLC in hopes of getting a concern addressed regarding blood in my bottles after pumping and she informed me that babies are much more effective at emptying breasts and direct breast is best. 
  • Options
    MrsCaliRN said:
    Thanks for reviving @mamaelle27

Anyone else lurking on the January and February 2018 boards and thanking the Lord you don't have THAT long to go?

I'm loving the Jan 18 - You're conception in 5 words thread....hilarious :-)
  • Options
    I'm an EPer, but I had contacted a local IBCLC in hopes of getting a concern addressed regarding blood in my bottles after pumping and she informed me that babies are much more effective at emptying breasts and direct breast is best. 
    Sheesh! It's so unfortunate when someone who is supposed to be a helpful resource is actually a condescending jerk. I totally forgot until now that I did get one ridiculous comment in the hospital. I'm formula feeding and all the doctors and nurses were totally supportive, but the cafeteria lady who delivered my lunch tray walked in as I was feeding the baby and was like "Baby won't take your boobie?" (literally) and I was just like "no" (random lady who has no business talking about my baby or my boobies, please go away) and she goes "Babies are lazy. Put her on the boobie more." Thank you for that advice, had I needed it I would have consulted one of the dozens of medical professionals in this building. Ugh, wish I'd told her off. People need to mind their own business. 

Ps. @Stankonia2014 hope you got your question answered by someone more professional, EPing is tough!

• Options
    My midwife gave my a book on nursing when I was pregnant with DD1. I am 100% pro nursing, but some of the stuff they said in that book made me not want to even try, because I was so annoyed with the attitude. 
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    I cancelled my RCS for June 5 in hopes of going into labor on my own for a vbac.  Latest doc will let me go is Friday, June 9, when he will do a super slow induction.  This baby is not budging, though.  I'm a nervous wreck about an induction and am wishing I had just gone through with the RCS. 
    Im in the same boat!
  • Options
    Everything is achy. The lower left side of my back hurts. My feet are swollen today. They've been pretty good the past few days, but today, I could barely squeeze them into my shoes. Also been tired and just woke up from a nap. *sigh*
  • Options
    People just suck... clearly you know what is best for you and your child.  Sorry you had to deal with her.
  • Options
    @shmarpler @GoodWitchoftheNorth I'm sure I'm extra feisty due to hormones but people have been telling me 'any day!!' for weeks... and I'm asked consistently multiple times per day, even by strangers on the street walking to my office building, if it is twins.

Best response to me saying 'no' to twins was 'triplets then?'... like you couldn't just stop when I bit my tongue and answered your question?  You had to lodge your foot further into your mouth to make it more awkward?

We're almost there...  :) and then we get the dreaded pregnancy questions postpartum.  I had that 2 weeks after delivering my twins last time at BRU and the sales associate asking when I was due... I can laugh about it now but man did that sting when it happened!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Just got a bill from our insurance company... they won't cover my hospital visit back at 33 weeks. I was having contractions, determined to be dehydrated, and treated with IV fluids. Apparently that treatment isn't acceptable and will cost us $650.

I'm dreading this phone call because I'm an angry crier right now  :s

ETA words are hard.
  • Options
    @GoodWitchoftheNorth ugh! That is the worst. Hopefully it's one of those situations where you ask them to reconsider, they realize they're crazy and cover it. Good luck!
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    I keep getting the "Wow, you're still here?" comments whenever I go to work or to the hospital (where my dad has been for 7 weeks and I go visit every day). Yes, I'm still here. 

This gave me a good laugh... but I'm not brave enough to actually use her come backs! idk what makes people think its so OK to make comments about my body now that I'm pregnant. 

https://www.scarymommy.com/chelsea-peretti-twitter-rant-comment-pregnant-women-bodies/?utm_source=FB

• Options
    mtvkv5 said:
    I keep getting the "Wow, you're still here?" comments whenever I go to work or to the hospital (where my dad has been for 7 weeks and I go visit every day). Yes, I'm still here. 

This gave me a good laugh... but I'm not brave enough to actually use her come backs! idk what makes people think its so OK to make comments about my body now that I'm pregnant. 

https://www.scarymommy.com/chelsea-peretti-twitter-rant-comment-pregnant-women-bodies/?utm_source=FB

Lol! I feel like the perfect response to "Are you having twins?" Is "No. Are you?" 
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    @GoodWitchoftheNorth nothing makes me more angry than dealing with insurance.  I am so sorry you have to deal with that!!!!
  • Options
    shmarplershmarpler member
    edited June 2017
    @GoodWitchoftheNorth, when I had a bleed at 16 weeks, we were charged $500 for one bag of saline. When I called to have them break the charges down for me, I was told that about $30 was for tubing, the bag, and the saline. The remaining charge was for the duration that the iv was attached. I just about lost it. How can you charge for the time something is attached when no one is closely monitoring? My IV had been done for 30 min before it was checked. Grrr!
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies... @shmarpler that is just insanity!! I guess I just don't understand...like, without the fluids, the contractions wouldn't have stopped...which likely would have resulted in a preemie...so just WHAT would the insurance co have recommended be done?! 

This morning's appointment turned a little hectic and LO had to be monitored for awhile because he hadn't been moving much, so I will be calling insurance tomorrow to get some answers. Hopefully it won't be as painful as I'm anticipating.
  • Options
    Anyone GBS+ in previous pregnancies? I have a couple questions for ya:
    1. Did you refuse or not receive the antibiotics in L&D? If so, what was that experience like?
    2. How long was your overall hospital stay postpartum? Was it related to your or your LO's GBS status?

I was GBS- with DS and was able to discharge from the hospital 12 hours after delivery. Was really hoping for this again, but now I'm worried that I'll have to stay a lot longer. Curious about you all's experiences.

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Options
    MrsCaliRN said:
    1. Did you refuse or not receive the antibiotics in L&D? If so, what was that experience like?
    2. How long was your overall hospital stay postpartum? Was it related to your or your LO's GBS status?

I was GBS- with DS and was able to discharge from the hospital 12 hours after delivery. Was really hoping for this again, but now I'm worried that I'll have to stay a lot longer. Curious about you all's experiences.
    I chose antibiotics both times and will again for this one. It really wasn't a big deal in my experience. I was induced both times, so they just started that first. 

I did not have to stay longer due to that or anything. I left at normal time. 
  • Options
    MrsCaliRN said:

Wait wait wait.... are you thinking that of refusing antibiotics because you don't want to stay in the hospital long? GBS carries some serious and also very much preventable risks for your baby, which I'm sure you know.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Any thoughts on whether the full moon will affect us still preggos?  I know it's kind of an old wives tale but I can't help but hope.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    kdanjou said:
    Any thoughts on whether the full moon will affect us still preggos?  I know it's kind of an old wives tale but I can't help but hope.
    My midwife seems to really believe it. I always thought it was silly, but last month I seriously thought I was in labor and called her all freaked out because I was only 34 weeks. Turns out the baby had just dropped. She called back the next morning to check on me and told me all her clients were calling her the night before and she realized it was a full moon. So who knows? My prediction this whole pregnancy was baby coming on June 10 (due 18). So I guess we will see. Very curious to see if there is more action on the board than usual this weekend.